Poll

yes or no?

yes, he deserves a shot at a final ring
3 (42.9%)
no, he should retire as a Laker regardless of how good or bad they are
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?  (Read 1841 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »
i think Kobe would be a great fit in Chicago

and with the quality of teams like the Thunder, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets etc. in the west there is no chance the Lakers are a playoff threat.  a 1st round exit at best.  What's to say that will change next off season?  Lebron's not going there to play in Kobe's shadow and Carmelo isn't going to win anything by going to the Lakers to play with an old Kobe so basically the Lakers are shit outta luck for a few years.  Why not trade Kobe?  Remember, Joe Montana finished his career as a Kansas City Chief, not a 49er.  Yogi Berra won 10 rings with the Yankees and finished his career with the Mets.  Wayne Gretzky played for several teams and he's the undisputed best player in his sports long history so it's not crazy to discuss trading kobe at this point of his career.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »
kobe should stay wit the lakers.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Ma Sai Ya

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »
with Kobe's work ethic he realistically has 3-4 more years in the tank at a high-sub high level (which is enough to lead a team in todays NBA) so as long as LAL stay active this offseason and get him some help with Howard gone, they'll be okay. Trading Kobe would do more harm than good for LAL, fanbase wouldnt have it.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »
lol at trading away the best player in the league

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
I think the Thunder will move back to Seattle before the Lakers deal Kobe.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »

serious?

hes a legend, HOFer, clutch, good, great, all that.  But still the best today?  Really?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:10:05 PM »

serious?

hes a legend, HOFer, clutch, good, great, all that.  But still the best today?  Really?

WHAT, IS IT REALLY MIND-BOGGLING? LOOK AT THE NUMBERS...MUFUCKAZ ACTING LIKE HE FELL OFF DRASTICALLY, BUT HE WAS PLAYIN AS GOOD AS ANYONE AND THEN SOME BEFORE HE WENT DOWN.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 07:37:48 PM »

serious?

WHAT, IS IT REALLY MIND-BOGGLING? LOOK AT THE NUMBERS...MUFUCKAZ ACTING LIKE HE FELL OFF DRASTICALLY, BUT HE WAS PLAYIN AS GOOD AS ANYONE AND THEN SOME BEFORE HE WENT DOWN.

i believe youre overrating him, yes.  i dont think hes THE BEST player today.  injury prone-ness factors into that, too.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »
lol so he's an iron man for the past decade, but injurs his Achilles cuz he's being ran to the ground by d(umb)antoni, and now he's injury prone? Kobe still aint fell off and LeBron was still a ray allen three away from the biggest choke job in sports history.... Kobe still on that top tier level and proved to the world he hadnt lost a step when he individually willed us to a 28-11 record in the second half of last season.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »
LOLOLOLOL. Why do you guys even give him attention?

Mietek23

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 02:44:25 AM »

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA right now - Kobe's still one of the best tho.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 11:00:16 AM »

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA right now

the finals proved otherwise....kobe on that heat team sweeps the spurs.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »
kobe should retire its gonna be a few years before the lakers are in the contention again i dont wanna see him turn into a shell of himself.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »
lol so he's an iron man for the past decade, but injurs his Achilles cuz he's being ran to the ground by d(umb)antoni, and now he's injury prone? Kobe still aint fell off and LeBron was still a ray allen three away from the biggest choke job in sports history.... Kobe still on that top tier level and proved to the world he hadnt lost a step when he individually willed us to a 28-11 record in the second half of last season.

wait wait wait.  choke?  how many triple doubles did the guy have in the finals?

kobe aint on top right now man, thats all im sayin.  you cant really argue that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »

wait wait wait.  choke?  how many triple doubles did the guy have in the finals?

kobe aint on top right now man, thats all im sayin.  you cant really argue that.

NIK conveniently forgets that Kobe would only have 4 rings if it weren't for Ron Artest hitting a clutch shot in game 7.  and he'd have even less if it weren't for Robert Horry and the NBA refs helping the Lakers in the early 2000's :D