Poll

yes or no?

yes, he deserves a shot at a final ring
3 (42.9%)
no, he should retire as a Laker regardless of how good or bad they are
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?  (Read 1840 times)

Sccit

Re: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »
lol so he's an iron man for the past decade, but injurs his Achilles cuz he's being ran to the ground by d(umb)antoni, and now he's injury prone? Kobe still aint fell off and LeBron was still a ray allen three away from the biggest choke job in sports history.... Kobe still on that top tier level and proved to the world he hadnt lost a step when he individually willed us to a 28-11 record in the second half of last season.

wait wait wait.  choke?  how many triple doubles did the guy have in the finals?

kobe aint on top right now man, thats all im sayin.  you cant really argue that.

LOL, SORRY, BUT HE HAD MORE SHITTY GAMES THAN GOOD ONES, AND DIDNT EVEN REACH 20 POINTS IN THE FIRST THREE GAMES! HE WAS PLAYIN SO BAD THEY STARTED GUARDING HIM WITH A 5 FOOT CUSHION!! LOL...U THINK KOBE HAS EVER BEEN GUARDED LIKE THAT? THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE DOESNT GET DARED TO TAKE A JUMPSHOT...HE'S THE MOST GLORIFIED STAT-PADDER IN THE LEAGUE WITH THE MOST HELP ON HIS TEAM. THAT IS ALL. IS HE A BEAST? YES. IS HE AS GOOD AS BILLED? NO WAY.

DIDNT I POST UP A THREAD WHERE A BUNCHA HEAT FANS WER DENOUNCING HIM AS THE BIGGEST CHOKE EVER 5 GAMES IN? DID A RAY ALLEN THREE REALLY ERASE ALL OF THAT?? THERE AINT NO THIN LINE BETWEEN CHOKE-ARTIST AND GREATEST PLAYER. IF U WATCHED THE GAMES, U SAW HIM GETTIN SAVED TIME AND TIME AGAIN. HE WAS SO BAD THEY STARTED GUARDING HIM LIKE RONNIE BREWER....COME ON, NOW.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:36:47 PM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
kobe should retire its gonna be a few years before the lakers are in the contention again i dont wanna see him turn into a shell of himself.

U MUST NOT KNOW OUR TRACK RECORD

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 05:47:02 AM »
lol so he's an iron man for the past decade, but injurs his Achilles cuz he's being ran to the ground by d(umb)antoni, and now he's injury prone? Kobe still aint fell off and LeBron was still a ray allen three away from the biggest choke job in sports history.... Kobe still on that top tier level and proved to the world he hadnt lost a step when he individually willed us to a 28-11 record in the second half of last season.

wait wait wait.  choke?  how many triple doubles did the guy have in the finals?

kobe aint on top right now man, thats all im sayin.  you cant really argue that.

LOL, SORRY, BUT HE HAD MORE SHITTY GAMES THAN GOOD ONES, AND DIDNT EVEN REACH 20 POINTS IN THE FIRST THREE GAMES! HE WAS PLAYIN SO BAD THEY STARTED GUARDING HIM WITH A 5 FOOT CUSHION!! LOL...U THINK KOBE HAS EVER BEEN GUARDED LIKE THAT? THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE DOESNT GET DARED TO TAKE A JUMPSHOT...HE'S THE MOST GLORIFIED STAT-PADDER IN THE LEAGUE WITH THE MOST HELP ON HIS TEAM. THAT IS ALL. IS HE A BEAST? YES. IS HE AS GOOD AS BILLED? NO WAY.

DIDNT I POST UP A THREAD WHERE A BUNCHA HEAT FANS WER DENOUNCING HIM AS THE BIGGEST CHOKE EVER 5 GAMES IN? DID A RAY ALLEN THREE REALLY ERASE ALL OF THAT?? THERE AINT NO THIN LINE BETWEEN CHOKE-ARTIST AND GREATEST PLAYER. IF U WATCHED THE GAMES, U SAW HIM GETTIN SAVED TIME AND TIME AGAIN. HE WAS SO BAD THEY STARTED GUARDING HIM LIKE RONNIE BREWER....COME ON, NOW.

that was the spurs strategy against the guy, hes not ray allen or steph curry from the field, feel me?  and i do believe that their strategy backfired.  they'd rather have lebron beat them with shooting, something thats not his forte, than beat them at the rim - which he can do better than anyone, but it didnt work.

ray allen did save them that game, but thats what TEAMS do - they pick up the slack for each other.  kobe didnt win anything on his own.  neither did jordan.  the idea that lebron has to hit every clutch shot while his team stands and watches is ridiculous imo. 

and as for the heat fans, cmon - im a dubs fan and youre a laker fan - we come from areas that are passionate about basketball.  we care about our teams and are knowledgeable.  miami is more concerned with their mojitos and iphones, even dan lebatard said that lol. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 05:53:30 AM »
and i voted no btw, im not a kobe hater.  ive said i think hes a dick, but jordan was too.  some guys who want to be the best have that sociopathic quality to them where they just mow down folks they think are in their way.  kobe is a great player, but hes not the best player in the nba today.  he could still get a ring, yeah.  whenever kobe has the ball and the clock is ticking down hes one of those guys that i just expect him to make whatever shot he throws up.

and i do think that he has been hobbled by injuries in the last few yrs.  which is a bad sign for someone whos played as long as he has.  the guy is on the downside of a great career, thats not a diss.  and thats not saying he cant pull another trick from his sleeve and win a title again.  thats just what i see as reality.  and especially when u factor in how teams in the west are getting better and better, its gonna be a tough road for him. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Mietek23

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »
lol at trading away the best player in the league

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA right now

the finals proved otherwise....kobe on that heat team sweeps the spurs.

You should really stop with those "IF" arguments bro.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »
lol at trading away the best player in the league

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA right now

the finals proved otherwise....kobe on that heat team sweeps the spurs.

You should really stop with those "IF" arguments bro.

it's a hypothetical situation to help people understand that lebron is made to look better because of what he's workin with.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 11:36:32 AM »

that was the spurs strategy against the guy, hes not ray allen or steph curry from the field, feel me?  and i do believe that their strategy backfired.  they'd rather have lebron beat them with shooting, something thats not his forte, than beat them at the rim - which he can do better than anyone, but it didnt work.

ray allen did save them that game, but thats what TEAMS do - they pick up the slack for each other.  kobe didnt win anything on his own.  neither did jordan.  the idea that lebron has to hit every clutch shot while his team stands and watches is ridiculous imo. 

and as for the heat fans, cmon - im a dubs fan and youre a laker fan - we come from areas that are passionate about basketball.  we care about our teams and are knowledgeable.  miami is more concerned with their mojitos and iphones, even dan lebatard said that lol. 

yea, but the difference is, kobe and jordan carry teams on their back and then might depend on others for 1 or 2 big plays....with lebron, he was pretty much carried throughout the series with more bad games than good ones...if u watched the finals, u will see, there is no way lebron is the best player in basketball, and thats just bein real.

Ma Sai Ya

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
I have to agree.. If you're the best player in the league and on picks the defense goes under and gives you an uncontested shot, like not even a quick close, just gives you the shot, thats a HUGE flaw. Sure, LeBron shot his ass off in Game 7, but can he do that consistently? That is yet to be seen and with that said, how can you declare him the best in the league? Hell, I wouldnt argue with Durant being call best in the league.

Kobe is still an elite player at 34-35, 16 years in, and what real flaw can you say he has, that he shoots too much? Well I guarantee that the Spurs wouldnt have checked Kobe like they checked Lebron because Kobe's shot is RESPECTED, Lebron's isnt. So can u declare someone the best player in the league and their SHOT isnt even respected?

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »
and i voted no btw, im not a kobe hater.  ive said i think hes a dick, but jordan was too.  some guys who want to be the best have that sociopathic quality to them where they just mow down folks they think are in their way.  kobe is a great player, but hes not the best player in the nba today.  he could still get a ring, yeah.  whenever kobe has the ball and the clock is ticking down hes one of those guys that i just expect him to make whatever shot he throws up.

and i do think that he has been hobbled by injuries in the last few yrs.  which is a bad sign for someone whos played as long as he has.  the guy is on the downside of a great career, thats not a diss.  and thats not saying he cant pull another trick from his sleeve and win a title again.  thats just what i see as reality.  and especially when u factor in how teams in the west are getting better and better, its gonna be a tough road for him.  

u cant deny, playing on the level he's been playing is quite impressive for some1 on "the downside of their career".. year in and year out, people act like kobe's game is about to take a major drop-off....year in and year out, he's been provin em wrong with straight greatness....he ran himself 2 the ground willing dwight's pathetic ass to the playoffs, and this the mufuckin thanks he get?

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
I have to agree.. If you're the best player in the league and on picks the defense goes under and gives you an uncontested shot, like not even a quick close, just gives you the shot, thats a HUGE flaw. Sure, LeBron shot his ass off in Game 7, but can he do that consistently? That is yet to be seen and with that said, how can you declare him the best in the league? Hell, I wouldnt argue with Durant being call best in the league.

Kobe is still an elite player at 34-35, 16 years in, and what real flaw can you say he has, that he shoots too much? Well I guarantee that the Spurs wouldnt have checked Kobe like they checked Lebron because Kobe's shot is RESPECTED, Lebron's isnt. So can u declare someone the best player in the league and their SHOT isnt even respected?

real spit tho... kobe woulda averaged 50 ppg if he was guarded like lebron

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
kobe should retire its gonna be a few years before the lakers are in the contention again i dont wanna see him turn into a shell of himself.

that was under Dr. Bus, who is now deceased.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »

STILL LAKERS

Citizen-Y

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
NIK, has your account been hacked?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »

STILL LAKERS

you guys are gonna be lucky to make the playoffs this year son

and who you gonna get in 2014?  Lebron?  highly doubtful.  Melo?  so what, you won't win with him.

lakers aren't going to be much for a few years...ironically the final years of Kobe's career

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »
WELL SEE