Poll

yes or no?

yes, he deserves a shot at a final ring
3 (42.9%)
no, he should retire as a Laker regardless of how good or bad they are
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?  (Read 1844 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 02:59:48 PM »
don't worry man, my Celtics aren't going to be shit for awhile either.  maybe if we luck out in next years draft but you can never count on that.  all i ask is that i can continue to watch Rondo dominate other PG's in a Celtics uniform

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
I love them NIK says shit like "his team makes him look better".

1. Why would GM's not best suit their teams FOR their superstar...kinda like Kobe demanded the Lakers did before he jumped ship.
2. Wade can barely stretch without needing an ice pack, Bosh scored zero points in the biggest game of his life and everyone else is a minimum wage shooter.

If you want to use an "if" argument, IF Bron had Dwight instead of Bosh he would of swept the Spurs...and probably have gone 82-0. Kobe just can't utilize him because he's a terrible teammate and has an even worse ego.

You needa just come to terms that you're mad that Game 7 was arguably the greatest game ever played by anyone, especially in a Game 7.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2013, 03:02:51 PM »
can't it be fall already?  we'd have the NFL back, the world series would be going on and the NBA season would be tipping off right after

Citizen-Y

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »
can't it be fall already?  we'd have the NFL back, the world series would be going on and the NBA season would be tipping off right after

Nah, don't wish my summer away bro

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
I used to have respect for NIK and his basketball view, and up until last year, we were always in agreement. Cham and other Lebron fans were so annoying with the "what if" games, i.e. "if Lebron had Shaq, if Lebron had better teammates and so on", basically making up excuses why Lebron was ring-less. I remember how we always called out Cham and other that nobody gives a fuck about a "what if" and what actually happened is the only thing that mattered.

Well, fast forward 2 years and NIK is using the same bullshit logic to discredit Lebron's last 2 rings. Making up all this hypothetical scenarios and saying how last season was a short one, how Lebron was one shot aways from whatever NIK is claiming. But guess what? That did not fucking happen. Miami Heat won. For the 2nd year in a row. Nobody is going to remember the specifics on how they won. They will know that Lebron played his ass off to get Miami to the finals, despite Bosh and Wade going to the shitter. They will remember him having a shaky finals but that's nothing rare for the finals, which is a completely different chapter. He had some bad games, but a bad game in current Lebron world is having a triple double. A triple double.

And most importantly, if you are dumb enough to play the what if game, which by itself, like anybody who played sports in their life knows, is totally pointless...you have the use it all the time. Not just when it's convenient for you. Just going by last couple of years, one might wonder WHAT IF the whole Laker team hadn't bailed out Kobe from that terrible game 7 against Boston. WHAT IF Gasol didn't score that tip in after Kobe's missed clutch shot against OKC?

But like I've said, thinking like that is retarded because all everybody is going to remember and SHOULD remember is Kobe winning that ring number 4 and 5.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »

Nah, don't wish my summer away bro

haha summer was only special when i was in school...since i graduated college summer is just another time of the year now.  where you need an air conditioner on lol

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »
I used to have respect for NIK and his basketball view, and up until last year, we were always in agreement. Cham and other Lebron fans were so annoying with the "what if" games, i.e. "if Lebron had Shaq, if Lebron had better teammates and so on", basically making up excuses why Lebron was ring-less. I remember how we always called out Cham and other that nobody gives a fuck about a "what if" and what actually happened is the only thing that mattered.

Well, fast forward 2 years and NIK is using the same bullshit logic to discredit Lebron's last 2 rings. Making up all this hypothetical scenarios and saying how last season was a short one, how Lebron was one shot aways from whatever NIK is claiming. But guess what? That did not fucking happen. Miami Heat won. For the 2nd year in a row. Nobody is going to remember the specifics on how they won. They will know that Lebron played his ass off to get Miami to the finals, despite Bosh and Wade going to the shitter. They will remember him having a shaky finals but that's nothing rare for the finals, which is a completely different chapter. He had some bad games, but a bad game in current Lebron world is having a triple double. A triple double.

And most importantly, if you are dumb enough to play the what if game, which by itself, like anybody who played sports in their life knows, is totally pointless...you have the use it all the time. Not just when it's convenient for you. Just going by last couple of years, one might wonder WHAT IF the whole Laker team hadn't bailed out Kobe from that terrible game 7 against Boston. WHAT IF Gasol didn't score that tip in after Kobe's missed clutch shot against OKC?

But like I've said, thinking like that is retarded because all everybody is going to remember and SHOULD remember is Kobe winning that ring number 4 and 5.

all im saying is lebron is not the best player in the entire world of basketball, and if u disagree, thats on u. did he have the best team? yes. did he lead them to a title? yes. does he deserve credit? of course...but is he the best basketball player because he was able to lead the best team to a title? no....was chauncey billups the best player in basketball in 2004 or was paul pierce the best player in basketball in 2008?.....u dont gotta understand it, but please respect it.

and im also not playing the WHAT IF game...i'm saying what it is. lebron had more bad games than good ones. heat fans were calling for his head by game 5. he choked in the first three games...THREE GAMES. he has the luxury of a supporting cast that consists of knock-down shooters and franchise players. they carry him as much as lebron carries them......kobe does not get carried, he carries teams, and of course he counts on them for big plays here and there, but look at the big picture. he's won with less and had to do more. theres no way around it. even that other new poster who seems pretty knowledgeable agrees with me. the best player in basketball does not play so shitty to the point where the defense starts sagging off of him to give him open jumpers. meho, i feel like ur just stat watching and didnt actually watch all the games in their entirety....am i right?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:53:18 PM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
IF Bron had Dwight instead of Bosh he would of swept the Spurs...and probably have gone 82-0. Kobe just can't utilize him because he's a terrible teammate and has an even worse ego.

^these are the "if" arguments people need to be laughing at, foreal

You needa just come to terms that you're mad that Game 7 was arguably the greatest game ever played by anyone, especially in a Game 7.

lmfaoooo

teecee

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
I have to agree.. If you're the best player in the league and on picks the defense goes under and gives you an uncontested shot, like not even a quick close, just gives you the shot, thats a HUGE flaw. Sure, LeBron shot his ass off in Game 7, but can he do that consistently? That is yet to be seen and with that said, how can you declare him the best in the league? Hell, I wouldnt argue with Durant being call best in the league.

Kobe is still an elite player at 34-35, 16 years in, and what real flaw can you say he has, that he shoots too much? Well I guarantee that the Spurs wouldnt have checked Kobe like they checked Lebron because Kobe's shot is RESPECTED, Lebron's isnt. So can u declare someone the best player in the league and their SHOT isnt even respected?

real spit tho... kobe woulda averaged 50 ppg if he was guarded like lebron

Forget the "hypothetical" arguments. We deal in reality.  Average 50 points?!!!  Doesn't Kobe have most of the worst shooting games (percentage wise) ever? So yeah, he could average 50, but with 50 shots a game.

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
I have to agree.. If you're the best player in the league and on picks the defense goes under and gives you an uncontested shot, like not even a quick close, just gives you the shot, thats a HUGE flaw. Sure, LeBron shot his ass off in Game 7, but can he do that consistently? That is yet to be seen and with that said, how can you declare him the best in the league? Hell, I wouldnt argue with Durant being call best in the league.

Kobe is still an elite player at 34-35, 16 years in, and what real flaw can you say he has, that he shoots too much? Well I guarantee that the Spurs wouldnt have checked Kobe like they checked Lebron because Kobe's shot is RESPECTED, Lebron's isnt. So can u declare someone the best player in the league and their SHOT isnt even respected?

real spit tho... kobe woulda averaged 50 ppg if he was guarded like lebron

Forget the "hypothetical" arguments. We deal in reality.  Average 50 points?!!!  Doesn't Kobe have most of the worst shooting games (percentage wise) ever? So yeah, he could average 50, but with 50 shots a game.

point is, lebron was not being guarded like the best player in the nba. if u saw the games, u saw it urself (unless ur blind).....thats all there is to it.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »

all im saying is lebron is not the best player in the entire world of basketball

so who won the last 2 MVP's?

:spam:

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »
mvp=popularity contest

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »
mvp=popularity contest

so who is better, Jordan Farmar?

:nahnah:

Remedy360

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 09:44:34 PM »
mvp=popularity contest

LOL. Agreed on the MVP point though, not that LeBron didn't deserve this, but you can look through most sports historically and find people who didn't recieve individual accolades for reasons outside of who the best player was.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 09:46:25 PM »
mvp=popularity contest

LOL. Agreed on the MVP point though, not that LeBron didn't deserve this, but you can look through most sports historically and find people who didn't recieve individual accolades for reasons outside of who the best player was.

holy shit, some common sense