Poll

yes or no?

yes, he deserves a shot at a final ring
3 (42.9%)
no, he should retire as a Laker regardless of how good or bad they are
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?  (Read 1845 times)

Sccit

Re: Should the Lakers trade Kobe to a contender?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 01:35:26 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/30ElUmrpZEU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/30ElUmrpZEU</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »
all im saying is lebron is not the best player in the entire world of basketball, and if u disagree, thats on u. did he have the best team? yes. did he lead them to a title? yes. does he deserve credit? of course...but is he the best basketball player because he was able to lead the best team to a title? no....was chauncey billups the best player in basketball in 2004 or was paul pierce the best player in basketball in 2008?.....u dont gotta understand it, but please respect it.

Then tell me this, who is the best NBA player for you right now? We're talking about right now, not the history some players have.

heat fans were calling for his head by game 5

Who gives a fuck about what Heat fans have to say? I know normal people from Miami and they say the Heat fans are dumb fucks. You can see from a mile aways that they're nothing but bandwagon fans with very little basketball knowledge. Not all of them but the majority for sure. Bunch of the left game 6 with 2 mintues to go for fucks sake. Who does that?

he has the luxury of a supporting cast that consists of knock-down shooters and franchise players. they carry him as much as lebron carries them......kobe does not get carried, he carries teams, and of course he counts on them for big plays here and there, but look at the big picture. he's won with less and had to do more. theres no way around it. even that other new poster who seems pretty knowledgeable agrees with me. the best player in basketball does not play so shitty to the point where the defense starts sagging off of him to give him open jumpers. meho, i feel like ur just stat watching and didnt actually watch all the games in their entirety....am i right?

We've been through this before. We've agreed 2 years ago that Kobe was smart to surround himself with a great cast, that he was smart that he demanded a trade and basically saying I want better teammates. That was smart and leader like. Everybody needs a strong team around him. Nobody wins championships by himself. And you saying "but Kobe's teammates do this, while Lebron's do this" is all speculation, subjective and nitpicking.

Yeah they gave him open jumpers, which is something that was Lebrons weakness since he came into the NBA. I know how shitty at it he used to be. Kobe had way more finesse and talent in this area, no one is denying that. But what's scary about Lebron is, that he gets better at it every single season and still has much room for improvement. Which is something that definitely will help him once he gets older. Kobe's game was pretty much perfect from his first NBA minute.

And yes, you can say he had 3 bad games in the finals. But like I've said, the finals are a completley different game than the rest of the season. You even saw Parker and Duncan having a pair of horrible games and we all know where Parker and Duncan stand in the NBA world. And most improtantly, if I'm an owner, I don't give a flying fuck if my team superstar had 3 bad games (still having triple double btw), resulting in a game 7. What would matter to me is, that the same superstar would take matters into their own hands and win that game 7. Which is 100% something that Lebron did and you know it. Just like if I'm a team owner I wouldn't care if Kobe had a shitty game 7 and others had to bail him out, because Kobe is the one who even got the team to game 7.

I watched all final games btw.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:13:18 AM by Meho »

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
all im saying is lebron is not the best player in the entire world of basketball, and if u disagree, thats on u. did he have the best team? yes. did he lead them to a title? yes. does he deserve credit? of course...but is he the best basketball player because he was able to lead the best team to a title? no....was chauncey billups the best player in basketball in 2004 or was paul pierce the best player in basketball in 2008?.....u dont gotta understand it, but please respect it.

Then tell me this, who is the best NBA player for you right now? We're talking about right now, not the history some players have.

i'd say kobe right before he got injured was playing at a level as high as anyone, and single-handedly willed that mess of a team to the playoffs in desperation. what were we, like 12th in the west before we went on that surge? durant it up there too. not saying lebron is not in the discussion, but there is no clear cut best right now like people are acting with lebron.

heat fans were calling for his head by game 5

Who gives a fuck about what Heat fans have to say? I know normal people from Miami and they say the Heat fans are dumb fucks. You can see from a mile aways that they're nothing but bandwagon fans with very little basketball knowledge. Not all of them but the majority for sure. Bunch of the left game 6 with 2 mintues to go for fucks sake. Who does that?

my point is, the talk before every game leading up to game 7 was "would lebron show up?"...even on bspn! does that sound like some shit you ever heard with magic, michael, bird, kobe, etc? do u not see what im getting at?

he has the luxury of a supporting cast that consists of knock-down shooters and franchise players. they carry him as much as lebron carries them......kobe does not get carried, he carries teams, and of course he counts on them for big plays here and there, but look at the big picture. he's won with less and had to do more. theres no way around it. even that other new poster who seems pretty knowledgeable agrees with me. the best player in basketball does not play so shitty to the point where the defense starts sagging off of him to give him open jumpers. meho, i feel like ur just stat watching and didnt actually watch all the games in their entirety....am i right?

We've been through this before. We've agreed 2 years ago that Kobe was smart to surround himself with a great cast, that he was smart that he demanded a trade and basically saying I want better teammates. That was smart and leader like. Everybody needs a strong team around him. Nobody wins championships by himself. And you saying "but Kobe's teammates do this, while Lebron's do this" is all speculation, subjective and nitpicking.

Yeah they gave him open jumpers, which is something that was Lebrons weakness since he came into the NBA. I know how shitty at it he used to be. Kobe had way more finesse and talent in this area, no one is denying that. But what's scary about Lebron is, that he gets better at it every single season and still has much room for improvement. Which is something that definitely will help him once he gets older. Kobe's game was pretty much perfect from his first NBA minute.

And yes, you can say he had 3 bad games in the finals. But like I've said, the finals are a completley different game than the rest of the season. You even saw Parker and Duncan having a pair of horrible games and we all know where Parker and Duncan stand in the NBA world. And most improtantly, if I'm an owner, I don't give a flying fuck if my team superstar had 3 bad games (still having triple double btw), resulting in a game 7. What would matter to me is, that the same superstar would take matters into their own hands and win that game 7. Which is 100% something that Lebron did and you know it. Just like if I'm a team owner I wouldn't care if Kobe had a shitty game 7 and others had to bail him out, because Kobe is the one who even got the team to game 7.

I watched all final games btw.

duncan is old and parker was injured....they would never have 4 bad games in the finals in their primes. it's just not a good comparison. lebron's improved his game, i'll give him that, no question. but from here on out, his athleticism and stamina will only decrease, so u might see a quick drop-off if he doesnt continue developing those others fundamental aspects he lacks in (consistent jumper, footwork, post-game, etc)...lets not forget, golden state also went to 7 with the spurs. this is not the 2005 spurs were talkin bout..heat were supposedd to win, it woulda been an epic failure if they didnt. lebron did okay, but he didnt do great......thats all there is to it.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 10:28:12 AM »
And most importantly, if you are dumb enough to play the what if game, which by itself, like anybody who played sports in their life knows, is totally pointless...you have the use it all the time. Not just when it's convenient for you. Just going by last couple of years, one might wonder WHAT IF the whole Laker team hadn't bailed out Kobe from that terrible game 7 against Boston.
Or what if Kendrick Perkins didn't get injured at the beginning of game 6... I don't doubt that helped the Lakers win games 6 and 7.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
this thread is a mess.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2013, 12:25:01 PM »
LMAO @ nik still not being able to get over the fact Kobe hasn't been the best player in the NBA for several years now

last year he tried to tell us all Carmelo and Durant were better than Lebron  ::)

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »
LMAO @ nik still not being able to get over the fact Kobe hasn't been the best player in the NBA for several years now

last year he tried to tell us all Carmelo and Durant were better than Lebron  ::)

Why do u always lie to make points? Is it cuz u don't have any real ones???

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »
1. Who deserved MVP?
2. If its a "popularity contest", maybe the most hated player in basketball wouldn't win it.
3. Who had a better Game 7 in the Finals?

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
1. Who deserved MVP?
2. If its a "popularity contest", maybe the most hated player in basketball wouldn't win it.
3. Who had a better Game 7 in the Finals?

1.NEVER SAID LEBRON DOESNT DESERVE MVP. I'M SAYING HE PROVED IN THE FINALS THAT HE WAS NOT THE HANDS-DOWN BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE.
2.MOST POPULAR PLAYER. U CAN BE HATED AND POPULAR.
3.JAMES WORTHY '88, WALT FRAZIER '70, BILL RUSSELL '62, JERRY WEST '69, HAKEEM '94

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2013, 07:09:06 PM »
So the best in 20 years. Pretty impressive.

So who is the best player in the league?

And stop tryna belittle. I broke down to you he played poorly (for him) in two games.

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »
So the best in 20 years. Pretty impressive.

So who is the best player in the league?

And stop tryna belittle. I broke down to you he played poorly (for him) in two games.

HAKEEM'S WAS IN 94, THATS WITHIN A 20 YEAR SPAN LOL

AND IN THOSE 20 YEARS, THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 4 NBA FINALS THAT WENT TO 7 GAMES. LEBRON PLACES 2ND OUT OF 4, BUT ALSO HAD THE WORST OVERALL SERIES OF THE GROUP :D

AND THERE IS NO CLEAR-CUT BEST RIGHT NOW.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »

lie?  what lie?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013, 08:49:56 PM »
i hope kobe retires man unless they get some power plays in before the next season its going to be down right sad watching the lakers for the next few years...on the other hand im mad excited for the pistons.

my dad was a huge pistons fan and an huge magic johnson fan so i kind of inherited a soft spot for the lakers, i always want them to do well basketball dont seems as fun when they are floundering.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »
i hope kobe retires man unless they get some power plays in before the next season its going to be down right sad watching the lakers for the next few years...on the other hand im mad excited for the pistons.

my dad was a huge pistons fan and an huge magic johnson fan so i kind of inherited a soft spot for the lakers, i always want them to do well basketball dont seems as fun when they are floundering.

your pops an msu fan?

basketball is great when the lakers lose :D

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »

lie?  what lie?

I SAID MELO WAS BETTER THAN LEBRON LAST YEAR?