Author Topic: Dwight Howard talks about Houston and the turmoil in L.A.  (Read 977 times)

Sccit

Re: Dwight Howard talks about Houston and the turmoil in L.A.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »
Lakers just losing their luster.  Can't retain free agents.

I'd go more in the direction of Howard being an anomaly.

Yup

yeah he is

he took a shot at forcing the trade to LA in the first place thinking he could be like lebron going to miami and that obviously didnt work out so he bounced

HE NEVER WANTED 2 GO 2 LA TO BEGIN WIT

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 11:15:09 PM »
LOL YOU GUYS JUST PAID 88 MILL TO DWIGHT HOWARD FOR 4 YEARS!! QUIT ACTIN LIKE U JUST WON THE LOTTERY. IF HE DOESNT PRODUCE A RING WITHIN THOSE 4 YEARS, THAT COULD GO DOWN AS THE WORST SIGNING IN SPORTS HISTORY. THERE ARE A LOT OF PLAYERS OUT THERE THAT WOULDA COMPLIMENTED HARDEN BETTER FOR MUCH CHEAPER.

lakers or rockets, who wins more games next year?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 03:16:15 AM »
Lakers just losing their luster.  Can't retain free agents.

I'd go more in the direction of Howard being an anomaly.

Yup

yeah he is

he took a shot at forcing the trade to LA in the first place thinking he could be like lebron going to miami and that obviously didnt work out so he bounced

HE NEVER WANTED 2 GO 2 LA TO BEGIN WIT

There you go.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 04:56:32 AM »
LOL YOU GUYS JUST PAID 88 MILL TO DWIGHT HOWARD FOR 4 YEARS!! QUIT ACTIN LIKE U JUST WON THE LOTTERY. IF HE DOESNT PRODUCE A RING WITHIN THOSE 4 YEARS, THAT COULD GO DOWN AS THE WORST SIGNING IN SPORTS HISTORY. THERE ARE A LOT OF PLAYERS OUT THERE THAT WOULDA COMPLIMENTED HARDEN BETTER FOR MUCH CHEAPER.

he also has a 2nd year or 3rd year opt out lol.

watch him enrage another city again.

they're not winning a ship, anyone thinks so watch the 2012 finals, where was harden then? and that team had what westbrook? durant? ibaka? and another 6 fouls with perk?

you think a one dimensional player like chandler is going to cut it? a mediocre PG in lin? lmao

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:02 AM »
Player option to opt out after year 3.  Opportunity to make up some lost cash. 

Parsons is one dimensional?  smh, step your game up if you are going to make shitty observations.  I'd rather read more all cap NIK posts.

Remedy360

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 06:54:34 AM »

they're not winning a ship, anyone thinks so watch the 2012 finals, where was harden then? and that team had what westbrook? durant? ibaka? and another 6 fouls with perk?

C'mon man, yeah he played like shit and it's something to watch, but I don't see how that's a valid argument. It's not like one bad finals as a youngster is going to condemn you for life.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »
Player option to opt out after year 3.  Opportunity to make up some lost cash. 

Parsons is one dimensional?  smh, step your game up if you are going to make shitty observations.  I'd rather read more all cap NIK posts.

lol, his game is relied on his shooting, if he slumps whats he going to do? those assists arnt going to come any easier if he isnt making any. and rebound is a given with that size.

i havent watched many games that arnt laker games this past season because of work, and from what i saw, is hes a shooter and when all he does is shoot. parsons, harden and howard isnt enough to win a ship.

and lol im not giving him his dues after one break out year, thats all it is. they're going to adjust to his game and defend him hard, look at lin, he was mediocre at best and once they started to pay notice his production when down, because they studied him.

this team is nothing special, exciting team i bet, but winning a ship anytime soon? i doubt that, you think they're going to top the spurs (if they can do it again like a car on its last miles), thunders (although they got weaker), or the clippers?, hell even GS.

parsons was great fantasy wise, but i really dont see anything special about his game besides his shooting, yeah keep it up prove me wrong or show me you can do other things, but hes just a role player that had a great year, lol i dont see anything "dominant" about his game.

C'mon man, yeah he played like shit and it's something to watch, but I don't see how that's a valid argument. It's not like one bad finals as a youngster is going to condemn you for life.

no im not saying condemn him for life, but its just not going to be enough. you really think howard, harden, parsons is enough to win a ship?

and we have no idea how houstons offense is gong to run, are the going to run pick and rolls? when in LA howard specifically said he didnt want to run any P&R and wanted to post up only (lmfao)

and you have harden who is a P&R player, so what is dwight going to have his way and have harden become a spot up shooter like parsons? because that was houstons sales pitch.

if dwight has his way, which houston sold him on, than houston is doomed, dwight being the 1st option posting up? god you know how much i screamed at my TV or at the bar everytime this dude posted up?

you know what my notion was when dwight came to this team? i thought we were going to do dwight P&R  (with either nash, blake, kobe, pau) or have pau initiate the offense in the post, or nash/kobe run the offense and make good looks for the team.

and when the season came, all it was, was dwight posting up, bricking pointblank hooks, missing free throws, getting stripped (this may be because of injury, but this "superstar" cant do a simple fake? a pump? left? right?) , or just turn it over by not completing a simple pass. i was horrified, i knew what type of player he was in orlando, talentless on offense but defensive beast. and after all his blunders on offense he asks for more touches.

whats going to happen when harden and parsons start chucking, and they lose? who is he going to blame then? and dwight improving his post? lol if that were to happen it was going to happen along time ago.

i was never a big fan of dwight, us laker fans didnt want dwight to stay here because we were dwight fans, but because it was better for us in the short term to win ships and have kobe get his 6th or 7th. because after he inks, we wont have to subdue to his demands on the offensive end, and just play to win.

they're going to need help, im not saying "oh the lakers are going to be better", im saying i dont see a championship team right there. when dwight gets doubled, he doesnt know what the fuck to do. literally it never changed. dudes offense has not changed at all.

in order for them to be successful, hell any team with dwight, dwight has to be the 2nd option, no way any team can win by throwing the ball into the post to a player that has no post game.

this team isnt going all the way next year, and im SURE of it. and you can take that to the bank

Citizen-Y

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »
I stopped reading your post when you said Parsons is just a shooter. 

Remedy360

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:03 AM »

no im not saying condemn him for life, but its just not going to be enough. you really think howard, harden, parsons is enough to win a ship?

and we have no idea how houstons offense is gong to run, are the going to run pick and rolls? when in LA howard specifically said he didnt want to run any P&R and wanted to post up only (lmfao)

and you have harden who is a P&R player, so what is dwight going to have his way and have harden become a spot up shooter like parsons? because that was houstons sales pitch.

if dwight has his way, which houston sold him on, than houston is doomed, dwight being the 1st option posting up? god you know how much i screamed at my TV or at the bar everytime this dude posted up?

you know what my notion was when dwight came to this team? i thought we were going to do dwight P&R  (with either nash, blake, kobe, pau) or have pau initiate the offense in the post, or nash/kobe run the offense and make good looks for the team.

and when the season came, all it was, was dwight posting up, bricking pointblank hooks, missing free throws, getting stripped (this may be because of injury, but this "superstar" cant do a simple fake? a pump? left? right?) , or just turn it over by not completing a simple pass. i was horrified, i knew what type of player he was in orlando, talentless on offense but defensive beast. and after all his blunders on offense he asks for more touches.

whats going to happen when harden and parsons start chucking, and they lose? who is he going to blame then? and dwight improving his post? lol if that were to happen it was going to happen along time ago.

i was never a big fan of dwight, us laker fans didnt want dwight to stay here because we were dwight fans, but because it was better for us in the short term to win ships and have kobe get his 6th or 7th. because after he inks, we wont have to subdue to his demands on the offensive end, and just play to win.

they're going to need help, im not saying "oh the lakers are going to be better", im saying i dont see a championship team right there. when dwight gets doubled, he doesnt know what the fuck to do. literally it never changed. dudes offense has not changed at all.

in order for them to be successful, hell any team with dwight, dwight has to be the 2nd option, no way any team can win by throwing the ball into the post to a player that has no post game.

this team isnt going all the way next year, and im SURE of it. and you can take that to the bank

[/quote]

Like I said earlier, I don't like Howard at all and hope he fails, so yeah, I don't expect them to win it all, I just don't put it on Harden. Lets not forget that plenty of people thought he couldn't even handle the scoring load of being the primary option. I just find the "he choked in the finals with OKC as the third option so that's what he is" to be a really weak argument.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »

enlighten me than.

anyways, if he choked being the 3rd option, how is it better than the 1st? he did great this year  and of course he didnt have enough help with his team, dwight wil change that,

but they need more. its going to be dwightmare part 4

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »
HARDEN IS NOT A 1ST TIER SUPERSTAR LIKE PEOPLE ARE PERCEIVING HIM TO BE...HE'S A LEVEL UNDER WESTBROOK AND 2 LEVELS UNDER DURANT. HE'S ON THAT 3RD TIER OF STARS, WITH THE MONTA ELLIS'S AND RUDY GAY'S OF THIS LEAGUE. HE'S LIKE WHAT KEVIN MARTIN WAS IN SACRAMENTO. AN ALL-STAR AND THATS IT. IT'S NOT GOIN TO BE ENOUGH, FELLAS. ORLANDO MAGIC WITH DWIGHT WAS A BETTER TEAM. THIS SEASON IS GUNNA BE FUN TO WATCH IN A SENSE THAT PEOPLE WILL EXPECT A LOT FROM HOUSTON BUT THEY WILL BE NO BETTER THAN THEY WERE LAST YEAR. WHAT MADE THEM SPECIAL LAST YEAR WAS THAT THEY WERE THE UNDERDOG AND NO ONE REALLY EXPECTED THEM TO MAKE ANY NOISE. NOW, THEY GOT A TARGET ON THEIR BACK AND THEY AINT NEARLY AS GOOD AS THE TRUE CONTENDING TEAMS. JUST WATCH.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »
You are so fucking high it's unreal.  Harden is the real deal, a year ago you said he'd bust out of the league and now you are saying he's third tier.  right right.  25 points a game, 5 assists, gets to the line 10 times a game.  Dude has range and can get to the bucket.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 04:24:41 PM »
You are so fucking high it's unreal.  Harden is the real deal, a year ago you said he'd bust out of the league and now you are saying he's third tier.  right right.  25 points a game, 5 assists, gets to the line 10 times a game.  Dude has range and can get to the bucket.

NIK likes to change his mind....i.e. he has tried to claim at certain points that Jordan Farmar, Tracy McGrady, Carmelo and Durant were all better than Lebron James.  Hilarious :D

Citizen-Y

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

NIK likes to change his mind....i.e. he has tried to claim at certain points that Jordan Farmar, Tracy McGrady, Carmelo and Durant were all better than Lebron James.  Hilarious :D

Reefer man.  It's good but way to much and you are living in another world.

Remedy360

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »

enlighten me than.

anyways, if he choked being the 3rd option, how is it better than the 1st? he did great this year  and of course he didnt have enough help with his team, dwight wil change that,

but they need more. its going to be dwightmare part 4

Nice rhyme. But haven't there only been two dwightmares to this point?