Poll

who?

AL
2 (66.7%)
NL
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 04:39:14 PM

Author Topic: who wins the All star game this year??  (Read 646 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: who wins the All star game this year??
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »
Moe wins MVP. 8)

i hope Scherzer tails off this 2nd half and Mariano continues his dominance and wins a Cy Young award.  Who the fuck else is there to vote for besides Scherzer right now?  Besides Yu Darvish who's hurt.

MistaNova

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 05:11:06 PM »
Moe wins MVP. 8)

i hope Scherzer tails off this 2nd half and Mariano continues his dominance and wins a Cy Young award.  Who the fuck else is there to vote for besides Scherzer right now?  Besides Yu Darvish who's hurt.

*Waits for Remedy to say King Felix*

I think Darvish is a solid CY candidate, and I can safely say that without sounding biased towards my fellow countryman.
He's not really "hurt." The Rangers just wanted him to get some rest and to make sure that Leyland wouldn't have him pitch in the All Star Game and risk actual injury.
And I can see other dark horses making cases for themselves. Shields has been pretty good, some people might (the key word there being might) remember Iwakuma's first half, Moore's a name I've heard thrown around, Colon's raping father-time in the ass, Bucholz has been pretty lucky etc...

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 05:56:24 PM »
Moe wins MVP. 8)

i hope Scherzer tails off this 2nd half and Mariano continues his dominance and wins a Cy Young award.  Who the fuck else is there to vote for besides Scherzer right now?  Besides Yu Darvish who's hurt.

He's a legit candidate. Wins for pitchers are one of the most overrated stats for in sports. Now, if your rule is that only guys on playoff caliber teams should win it, that's one thing, but history has proved that isn't true.  Do you have any idea how many times Felix has gone out and only given up one or two runs and gotten a loss or no decision in the last few years? Scherzer plays on a loaded offense with two MVP caliber players, that's why he has 13 wins. Not saying he's not great, but just looking at wins is pretty weak. What does Scherzer lead in besides wins?

PS- I am disappointed in you, Cham. I'd expect others to overlook Felix, but not you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:13:38 PM by Remedy360 »

MistaNova

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »
Moe wins MVP. 8)

i hope Scherzer tails off this 2nd half and Mariano continues his dominance and wins a Cy Young award.  Who the fuck else is there to vote for besides Scherzer right now?  Besides Yu Darvish who's hurt.

He's a legit candidate. Wins for pitchers are one of the most overrated stats for in sports. Now, if your rule is that only guys on playoff caliber teams should win it, that's one thing, but history has proved that isn't true.  Do you have any idea how many times Felix has gone out and only given up one or two runs and gotten a loss or no decision in the last few years? Scherzer plays on a loaded offense with two MVP caliber players, that's why he has 13 wins. Not saying he's not great, but just looking at wins is pretty weak. What does Scherzer lead in besides wins?

PS- I am disappointed in you, Cham. I'd expect others to overlook Felix, but not you.

Cham? Don't you mean Hack (or me)?

And I never said he wasn't a legit CY candidate, I was just making a joke at your expense.
Like last night's ASG, nobody is standing out so far so for all I know Mo might actually win the CY lol.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I hope the Yanks have Metallics perform Enter Sandman live when Rivera comes out to pitch in his final regular season game.

Remedy360

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »
Moe wins MVP. 8)

Cham? Don't you mean Hack (or me)?

And I never said he wasn't a legit CY candidate, I was just making a joke at your expense.
Like last night's ASG, nobody is standing out so far so for all I know Mo might actually win the CY lol.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I hope the Yanks have Metallics perform Enter Sandman live when Rivera comes out to pitch in his final regular season game.

He was the one that said Scherzer and Yu were the only candidates. Awesome moment for Mo last night though, always had a lot of respect for that guy.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 06:23:19 AM »
FUCK!

Cano left after getting hit by a pitch from Matt Harvey. My hatred for Matt Harvey is now cemented in place.

Damn, I was going to ask you when the last time a guy was hurt in the all star game was, crazy. I bet he's fine though.

The way the Yankees season has gone I wouldn't be surprised if Cano gets shelved because of that.
Now I hope Scherzer (or Sale?) hits Wright. I know that's morally wrong but I wanna see a brawl. If brawls can make NL West teams interesting they can make any game fun

Oh and I don't know who was the last guy who hurt in the ASG is.
Probably Ray Fosse.  Most people say he was never the same after that play but I heard he did end up on the A's 3-peat team.  Life wasn't over for him. 

OH yeah!  The NL had a ABP=Anybody But Puig mentality even though a replacement was needed.  They deserved to lose  :)  There should be no room for catty, jealous, insecure bitches.  Which there was a lot of for the players who didn't want Puig in the ASG.  But I hope Puig uses this screwjob as momentum with his Dodger teammates & win the world series & become MVP. 

And the mets pitcher who hit cano coulda been payback for Clemens throwing at Piazza's head & the broken bat also.  Certain kinds of payback can happen later in life, not always right away.  Its been known to happen.

MistaNova

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 08:32:32 AM »
FUCK!

Cano left after getting hit by a pitch from Matt Harvey. My hatred for Matt Harvey is now cemented in place.

Damn, I was going to ask you when the last time a guy was hurt in the all star game was, crazy. I bet he's fine though.

The way the Yankees season has gone I wouldn't be surprised if Cano gets shelved because of that.
Now I hope Scherzer (or Sale?) hits Wright. I know that's morally wrong but I wanna see a brawl. If brawls can make NL West teams interesting they can make any game fun

Oh and I don't know who was the last guy who hurt in the ASG is.
Probably Ray Fosse.  Most people say he was never the same after that play but I heard he did end up on the A's 3-peat team.  Life wasn't over for him. 

OH yeah!  The NL had a ABP=Anybody But Puig mentality even though a replacement was needed.  They deserved to lose  :)  There should be no room for catty, jealous, insecure bitches.  Which there was a lot of for the players who didn't want Puig in the ASG.  But I hope Puig uses this screwjob as momentum with his Dodger teammates & win the world series & become MVP. 

And the mets pitcher who hit cano coulda been payback for Clemens throwing at Piazza's head & the broken bat also.  Certain kinds of payback can happen later in life, not always right away.  Its been known to happen.

Another theory I heard was that Scott Boras (who's Harvey's agent) wanted to send a message to Cano and Jay-Z.