Author Topic: Lakers 2013 playoff conspiracy  (Read 1730 times)

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Lakers 2013 playoff conspiracy
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »
This thread was based on a video talking about the Lakers getting the foul calls. It turns into a LeBron v Kobe thing because someone wants to deflect.

In the 2010 Finals, Kobe shot 40% or lower, 3 times. In those 3 games, he put up 73 shots and only making 24 total. But, despite his horrific shooting, which includes an amazing 3/20 from 3, Kobe still scored 73 Points. How does one score 73 points while only shooting 32.8% from the field and 15% from 3? We'll come back to that in a bit.

You say that LeBron gets the calls. You've crushed LeBron for his first 3 games of the finals due to his scoring. Well, he shot 38% from the field in those 3 games, still better than what Kobe did in his 3 bad games against Boston. 23% from 3, terrible, but better than 15%, right? Now, we've established that LeBron somehow still shot better from the field and from the 3 than Kobe, but we haven't looked at how they match up at the line.

Kobe
Game 2: 3/3
Game 3: 8/8
Game 7: 11/15

Finals overall: 53/60

LeBron
Game 1: 3/4
Game 2: 2/2
Game 3: 0/0

Finals overall: 31/39

But, I thought you said Kobe never gets the calls LeBron gets? I'm confused a little bit now. Kobe got to the line 26 times. Nearly 4 1/2 times more than LeBron did in their "Bad Shooting Finals" games. Kobe got to the line 21 more times for the series, that's 3 extra attempts per game.

Take out the emotion for a second. Take out the fact that you are a Kobe fan and not a fan of LeBron (all childish nicknames aside). Just looking at things evenly.

Does Kobe get the foul calls? Yes. Does Kobe have bad games even in the Finals? Yes. Has Kobe been bailed out by the likes of Derek Fisher, Robert Horry and Ron Artest? Yes.

So why crush LeBron, but give Kobe props (or a pass), for the same things?

You are crushing LeBron because he's not shooting his 56% from the field every game (though it is called AN AVERAGE), but mention nothing about Kobe's atrocious shooting nights. You glaze over them. Remember this, Kobe's BEST shooting percentage in his career would be LeBron's 2nd worst. Maybe you glaze over these bad nights from Kobe because you are (unknowingly) admitting LeBron is a better shooter than Kobe? I mean, LeBron does have 4 seasons over 50% and Kobe has none over 46.9%.

I'm sure this topic will go on for another few days with the words like "Faggot," "Cocksucker," "Dickrider," "Nigga," "Youngin'," etc. being thrown around and adding nothing of value. And individual games will be broken down by the minute. And every mistake LeBron has made will be amplified and every Kobe mistake will be disregarded... I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.
Some Of What's On Rotation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8</a>

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 03:50:01 PM »
There you go talking about luck, among other bullshit. Only when it comes to Lebron. I don't know why I even get into arguments with you regarding anything Lebron vs. Kobe because it's impossible to have a normal debate. Subjective that is.

lol like im the only person who says LeBron is predispose to choking.... U watch too much tv

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
It's not about chocking at all. If that was your only argument, I'd be fine with it, since I'm the one who keeps saying that his 4th quarter/clutch time game needs hella more improvement. You're talking about him under performing the whole finals, which is just bullshit.

And great post by Whoisthis, but you shouldn't bother. Nik will somehow be able to throw some things around and again do what he does best. It's impossible to have a normal bball debate with him regarding anything Kobe. But besides that, ain't nothing wrong with him.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:27:14 PM by Meho »

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »
This thread was based on a video talking about the Lakers getting the foul calls. It turns into a LeBron v Kobe thing because someone wants to deflect.

In the 2010 Finals, Kobe shot 40% or lower, 3 times. In those 3 games, he put up 73 shots and only making 24 total. But, despite his horrific shooting, which includes an amazing 3/20 from 3, Kobe still scored 73 Points. How does one score 73 points while only shooting 32.8% from the field and 15% from 3? We'll come back to that in a bit.

You say that LeBron gets the calls. You've crushed LeBron for his first 3 games of the finals due to his scoring. Well, he shot 38% from the field in those 3 games, still better than what Kobe did in his 3 bad games against Boston. 23% from 3, terrible, but better than 15%, right? Now, we've established that LeBron somehow still shot better from the field and from the 3 than Kobe, but we haven't looked at how they match up at the line.

Kobe

LeBron

But, I thought you said Kobe never gets the calls LeBron gets? I'm confused a little bit now. Kobe got to the line 26 times. Nearly 4 1/2 times more than LeBron did in their "Bad Shooting Finals" games. Kobe got to the line 21 more times for the series, that's 3 extra attempts per game.

Take out the emotion for a second. Take out the fact that you are a Kobe fan and not a fan of LeBron (all childish nicknames aside). Just looking at things evenly.

Does Kobe get the foul calls? Yes. Does Kobe have bad games even in the Finals? Yes. Has Kobe been bailed out by the likes of Derek Fisher, Robert Horry and Ron Artest? Yes.

You are crushing LeBron because he's not shooting his 56% from the field every game (though it is called AN AVERAGE), but mention nothing about Kobe's atrocious shooting nights. You glaze over them. Remember this, Kobe's BEST shooting percentage in his career would be LeBron's 2nd worst. Maybe you glaze over these bad nights from Kobe because you are (unknowingly) admitting LeBron is a better shooter than Kobe? I mean, LeBron does have 4 seasons over 50% and Kobe has none over 46.9%.

I'm sure this topic will go on for another few days with the words like "Faggot," "Cocksucker," "Dickrider," "Nigga," "Youngin'," etc. being thrown around and adding nothing of value. And individual games will be broken down by the minute. And every mistake LeBron has made will be amplified and every Kobe mistake will be disregarded... I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

BRO, UR COMPARING THE FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE OF A SHOOTING GUARD SCORER WITH UNLIMITED RANGE TO A PASS-FIRST SMALL FORWARD WHO IS KNOWN FOR SCORING MOST HIS POINTS RIGHT AT THE RIM...IT DONT WORK LIKE THAT. THATS LIKE SAYIN SHAQ IS BETTER THAN JORDAN BECAUSE HIS FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE IS MUCH HIGHER. THATS FIRST AND FOREMOST...SECONDLY, THE FACT THAT LEBRON WASNT GOING TO THE LINE WAS PART OF WHY HE WAS CRITICIZED SO HEAVILY TO BEGIN WITH- HE WASNT TAKING IT IN, BUT INSTEAD SETTLING FOR LONG JUMPERS! THIS IS WHY HE'S KNOWN AS A CHOKE...AS SOON AS THE FINALS ROLL ALONG, HE BECOMES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAYER AND THE PASSIVENESS IN HIS GAME IS MAGNIFIED BY 100X...THIS IS WHY HE DOESNT GET THE CALLS- NOT BECAUSE THE REFS AINT ON HIS DICK, BECAUSE LORD KNOWS THEY ARE...HE SIMPLY DIDNT FORCING THE ISSUE - UR UNINTENTIONALLY PROVIN MY POINT.

HERES A GAME BY GAME BREAK-DOWN OF KOBE VS BOSTON TO HELP U UNDERSTAND THAT KOBE CARRIED THAT TEAM, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND ALA LEBRON VS THE SPURS

GAME 1: 30 POINTS, 7 REBOUNDS, 6 ASSISTS- SUPERB GAME 1 UP TO HIS STANDARDS

GAME 2: 21 POINTS, 5 REBOUNDS, 6 ASSISTS- WAS IN FOUL TROUBLE THIS GAME, SAT A TOTAL OF 14 MINUTES, MORE PROOF CALLS GO AGAINST KOBE

GAME 3: 29 POINTS, 7 REBOUNDS, 4 ASSISTS- ANOTHER GOOD GAME, LAKERS WON, KOBE WAS BY FAR THE LEADING SCORER FOR LA

GAME 4: 33 POINTS, 6 REBOUNDS, 2 ASSISTS- ANOTHER GOOD GAME FOR KOBE, REST OF THE TEAM LET HIM DOWN, LAKERS LOSE.. STILL DONT SEE ANYTHING WHERE HE CAN BE COMPARED TO LEBRON IN THIS YEARS FINALS, AND THATS 4 GAMES IN

GAME 5: 38 POINTS, 5 REBOUNDS, 4 ASSISTS- ANOTHER EXCEPTIONAL GAME WHERE HIS TEAMMATES LET HIM DOWN AND LAKERS LOSE, SECOND LEADING SCORER WAS GASOL WIT 12 POINTS SMH

GAME 6: 26 POINTS, 11 REBOUNDS, 3 ASSISTS- GREAT GAME, GASOL PLAYED LIKE A SECOND OPTION WITH 17 POINTS, SO LAKERS WIN

GAME 7: 23 POINTS, 15 REBOUNDS, 2 ASSISTS- THE INFAMOUS "BAD SHOOTING" GAME, WHICH WAS SALVAGED BY AN EXCEPTIONAL 15 REBOUND GAME IN A SERIES WHERE REBOUNDING DECIDED EVERY GAME

ALSO, KOBE WAS THE LEADING SCORER IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE GAMES. LETS NOT FORGET, WE HAD THE LIKES OF MARIO CHALMERS AND DANNY GREEN OUTSCORING LEBRON IN THESE FINALS....AND THE EYE TEST IS REALLY WHAT SAYS IT ALL. KOBE STEPS UP TO EVERY BIG MOMENT WITH HIS HEAD UP. IF U TRULY DID WATCH THESE FINALS UDA SEEN THAT LEBRON HAS HIS TAIL TUCKED BETWEEN HIS LEGS OVER HALF THE TIME, ESPECIALLY WHEN HIS TEAM LACKS MOMENTUM. WHEN HIS TEAM HAS MOMENTUM IS WHEN HE GOES ON HIS BEASTLY SPURTS AND STAT-PADS, BUT OVERALL, THE TENACITY IS NOT COMPARABLE TO THE TENACITY OF THE GOATS, AND THERES NO WAY 2 ARGUE THIS WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 06:29:46 PM »
It's not about chocking at all. If that was your only argument, I'd be fine with it, since I'm the one who keeps saying that his 4th quarter/clutch time game needs hella more improvement. You're talking about him under performing the whole finals, which is just bullshit.

And great post by Whoisthis, but you shouldn't bother. Nik will somehow be able to throw some things around and again do what he does best. It's impossible to have a normal bball debate with him regarding anything Kobe. But besides that, ain't nothing wrong with him.

HE WASNT UNDERPERFORMING FOR THE WHOLE FINALS, BUT HE WAS MOST OF IT...AND THATS 100% TRUTH...HE WON IN 2012 AND I DIDNT SAY THAT. U KNOW WHY? BECAUSE IT WASNT THE CASE IN THOSE FINALS...BUT IN 2013, LEBRON WAS CHOKING BIG TIME UP UNTIL RAY ALLEN HIT THAT THREE...IF U DONT BELIEVE ME, GO BACK AND WATCH ALL 7 GAMES FROM START TO FINISH ALL OVER AGAIN AND KEEP WHAT I SAID IN MIND WHILE WATCHING.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 08:33:19 PM »
We need a new mod. This is embarrassing.

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 09:00:45 PM »

Kobe

LeBron

BRO, UR COMPARING THE FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE OF A SHOOTING GUARD SCORER WITH UNLIMITED RANGE TO A PASS-FIRST SMALL FORWARD WHO IS KNOWN FOR SCORING MOST HIS POINTS RIGHT AT THE RIM...IT DONT WORK LIKE THAT. THATS LIKE SAYIN SHAQ IS BETTER THAN JORDAN BECAUSE HIS FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE IS MUCH HIGHER. THATS FIRST AND FOREMOST...SECONDLY, THE FACT THAT LEBRON WASNT GOING TO THE LINE WAS PART OF WHY HE WAS CRITICIZED SO HEAVILY TO BEGIN WITH- HE WASNT TAKING IT IN, BUT INSTEAD SETTLING FOR LONG JUMPERS! THIS IS WHY HE'S KNOWN AS A CHOKE...AS SOON AS THE FINALS ROLL ALONG, HE BECOMES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAYER AND THE PASSIVENESS IN HIS GAME IS MAGNIFIED BY 100X...THIS IS WHY HE DOESNT GET THE CALLS- NOT BECAUSE THE REFS AINT ON HIS DICK, BECAUSE LORD KNOWS THEY ARE...HE SIMPLY DIDNT FORCING THE ISSUE - UR UNINTENTIONALLY PROVIN MY POINT.

HERES A GAME BY GAME BREAK-DOWN OF KOBE VS BOSTON TO HELP U UNDERSTAND THAT KOBE CARRIED THAT TEAM, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND ALA LEBRON VS THE SPURS

GAME 2: 21 POINTS, 5 REBOUNDS, 6 ASSISTS- WAS IN FOUL TROUBLE THIS GAME, SAT A TOTAL OF 14 MINUTES, MORE PROOF CALLS GO AGAINST KOBE

GAME 3: 29 POINTS, 7 REBOUNDS, 4 ASSISTS- ANOTHER GOOD GAME, LAKERS WON, KOBE WAS BY FAR THE LEADING SCORER FOR LA

GAME 4: 33 POINTS, 6 REBOUNDS, 2 ASSISTS- ANOTHER GOOD GAME FOR KOBE, REST OF THE TEAM LET HIM DOWN, LAKERS LOSE.. STILL DONT SEE ANYTHING WHERE HE CAN BE COMPARED TO LEBRON IN THIS YEARS FINALS, AND THATS 4 GAMES IN

GAME 5: 38 POINTS, 5 REBOUNDS, 4 ASSISTS- ANOTHER EXCEPTIONAL GAME WHERE HIS TEAMMATES LET HIM DOWN AND LAKERS LOSE, SECOND LEADING SCORER WAS GASOL WIT 12 POINTS SMH

GAME 6: 26 POINTS, 11 REBOUNDS, 3 ASSISTS- GREAT GAME, GASOL PLAYED LIKE A SECOND OPTION WITH 17 POINTS, SO LAKERS WIN

GAME 7: 23 POINTS, 15 REBOUNDS, 2 ASSISTS- THE INFAMOUS "BAD SHOOTING" GAME, WHICH WAS SALVAGED BY AN EXCEPTIONAL 15 REBOUND GAME IN A SERIES WHERE REBOUNDING DECIDED EVERY GAME

ALSO, KOBE WAS THE LEADING SCORER IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE GAMES. LETS NOT FORGET, WE HAD THE LIKES OF MARIO CHALMERS AND DANNY GREEN OUTSCORING LEBRON IN THESE FINALS....AND THE EYE TEST IS REALLY WHAT SAYS IT ALL. KOBE STEPS UP TO EVERY BIG MOMENT WITH HIS HEAD UP. IF U TRULY DID WATCH THESE FINALS UDA SEEN THAT LEBRON HAS HIS TAIL TUCKED BETWEEN HIS LEGS OVER HALF THE TIME, ESPECIALLY WHEN HIS TEAM LACKS MOMENTUM. WHEN HIS TEAM HAS MOMENTUM IS WHEN HE GOES ON HIS BEASTLY SPURTS AND STAT-PADS, BUT OVERALL, THE TENACITY IS NOT COMPARABLE TO THE TENACITY OF THE GOATS, AND THERES NO WAY 2 ARGUE THIS WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

Why yes, it does work that way. You just said yourself, LeBron was struggling to get to the rim, so he was settling for jumpers, which you just said is not what he's known for. Yet, in those games, doing things he was not known for, he still shot better than Kobe. Has Kobe ever shot 40% from 3? LeBron just did. LeBron is known for getting to the rim, but his game has evolved, greatly. To say comparing LeBron and Kobe shooting wise is like comparing Shaq and Jordan is absurd. Check any site that breaks down shooting percentages. Kobe is only better last year than LeBron within 10-15 Feet. At the Rim, 3-9 Feet, 16-23 and 3PT all belong to LeBron. I could never make that case for Shaq vs. Jordan, now can I?

Where you lose steam is when you break down Kobe's games. You do not mention his poor shooting (and being a shooting guard does not give you the free range to shoot under 40% and not be held accountable for it.) You find everything he did well. Now, when you look at LeBron's games you just look at Shooting % and Scoring. There's much more to the game than just offense. There's much more to why LeBron struggled. When he did drive, the Spurs packed the paint. They were the physical team and even though there was a lot of contact when he went to the rim, LeBron didn't get many fouls called his way. Instead of forcing the issue, he would pass out to his teammates. They had some good games and they had some bad games. He is, after all, a pass first forward and did what he does best... Pass.

So here's a breakdown:

Game 1: 18/18/10 Now, you crush him for shooting 43% but he led his team in Points, Assists and Rebounds. He was the high Ast and Reb man for the game.
Game 2: 17/8/7 3 steals, 3 blocks. Scored 2 points less than the leading scorer, not quite as dramatic as you made it seem and again led the team and game in Ast.
Game 3: 15/11/5 2 steals. Only 1 point less than the leading scorer on his team. Led in boards and Assists.
Game 4: 33/11/4 2 steals, 2 blocks. No explanation needed.
Game 5: 25/6/8 4 steals. Tied for most points. Led in Boards and 2nd in Assists.
Game 6: 32/10/11 3 steals, 1 block. The "Choke" game.*
Game 7: 37/12/4 2 steals. No explanation needed.

This man was the all around leader in every game. Whether it was hitting the Boards. Willingly passing to a teammate. Defending (think about what Tony Parker did when LBJ was on him). It's not always about scoring.

*This asterisk is to notate that while you call out LeBron for choking in Game 6, you give Kobe props for his Game 7.

But a triple double, 32/10/11 on 11/26 beats 23/15/2 on 6/24 every day. LeBron had some turnovers but hit a 3 with 20 seconds. If I'm not mistaken, Kobe only hit 1 field goal the entire 4th quarter, but got to the line a lot. More proof that Kobe gets plenty of calls, especially when they count. So, again, why do you give Kobe a pass and not LeBron?

You do not really speak in Truth, more half-truth and opinion. All I can use are real numbers, my eyes and my brain, more than my heart. You speak of the good Kobe does and brush over the bad. You speak of the bad LeBron does and hardly even glimpse at the good.

These are not to say that LeBron is better than Kobe in the clutch, but that they're not far off. Final 5 minutes, +/-5 Points.

Again, it's not all about scoring. LeBron is Rebounds better in the clutch last year. Assisted far better. Protected the ball better. His +/- and Defensive Rating were ridiculous in the clutch.

You have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Basketball, but you have too much emotion involved in discussing all things Kobe and all things LeBron.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 11:17:24 PM »
I think NIK just deleted his account.

I officially deem "whoisthis" the basketball guru of the forum.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »

Kobe

LeBron

Why yes, it does work that way. You just said yourself, LeBron was struggling to get to the rim, so he was settling for jumpers, which you just said is not what he's known for. Yet, in those games, doing things he was not known for, he still shot better than Kobe. Has Kobe ever shot 40% from 3? LeBron just did. LeBron is known for getting to the rim, but his game has evolved, greatly. To say comparing LeBron and Kobe shooting wise is like comparing Shaq and Jordan is absurd. Check any site that breaks down shooting percentages. Kobe is only better last year than LeBron within 10-15 Feet. At the Rim, 3-9 Feet, 16-23 and 3PT all belong to LeBron. I could never make that case for Shaq vs. Jordan, now can I?

WHAT ARE U TRYNA SAY? LEBRON HAS A BETTER JUMPER THAN KOBE? IF THATS WHAT UR TRYNA CLAIM, THEN U JUST SHITTED ON UR OWN CREDIBILITY. LEBRON SHOOTS HIGH PERCENTAGE FROM THREES BECAUSE HE ONLY TAKES THEM IF THEYRE WIDE OPEN SPOT UP SHOTS. HE'S NOT FORCED TO SHOOT OVER INTENSE DEFENSES LIKE KOBE...AND WHYS THAT? BECAUSE OPPOSING TEAMS GIVE HIM THE JUMPER. THATS WHAT DEFENSES WANT- LET LEBRON SHOOT. BUT AGAIN, U IGNORE MY POINT...HE'S A SMALL FORWARD AND A PASS-FIRST PLAYER, WHICH MEANS HIS FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE WILL NATURALLY BE HIGHER.

Where you lose steam is when you break down Kobe's games. You do not mention his poor shooting (and being a shooting guard does not give you the free range to shoot under 40% and not be held accountable for it.) You find everything he did well. Now, when you look at LeBron's games you just look at Shooting % and Scoring. There's much more to the game than just offense. There's much more to why LeBron struggled. When he did drive, the Spurs packed the paint. They were the physical team and even though there was a lot of contact when he went to the rim, LeBron didn't get many fouls called his way. Instead of forcing the issue, he would pass out to his teammates. They had some good games and they had some bad games. He is, after all, a pass first forward and did what he does best... Pass.

LEBRON AND KOBE ARE BOTH EXPECTED TO CARRY THEIR TEAM TO THE PROMISE LAND....HAVING BAD SHOOTING NIGHTS IS ONE THING. BEING SCARED TO SHOOT AND SCORING 10 POINTS LESS THAN UR SCORING AVERAGE DUE TO THAT IS ANOTHER.....AND FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE GAMES? COME ON, NOW.

So here's a breakdown:

Game 1: 18/18/10 Now, you crush him for shooting 43% but he led his team in Points, Assists and Rebounds. He was the high Ast and Reb man for the game.
Game 2: 17/8/7 3 steals, 3 blocks. Scored 2 points less than the leading scorer, not quite as dramatic as you made it seem and again led the team and game in Ast.
Game 3: 15/11/5 2 steals. Only 1 point less than the leading scorer on his team. Led in boards and Assists.

THESE GAMES WERE TERRIBLE IF U PUT EM TO THE EYE TEST..THE REASON LEBRON WAS STRUGGLING TO SCORE WAS BECAUSE HE WAS NERVOUS AND NOT PLAYIN THE SAME GAME AS HE WAS IN THE REGULAR SEASON. HE WAS SETTLING FOR JUMPERS, HESITANT TO DRIVE, PLAYIN EXTREMELY PASSIVE ON A MAJOR SCALE...THIS IS NOT REALLY UP FOR DEBATE. TWICE IT LED TO A LOSS, AND ONCE, GOT SAVED BY MARIO CHALMERS (LEADING SCORER IN THE GAME THAT RESULTED IN A VICTORY LOL). MAKE EXCUSES ALL U WANT, BUT FOR "THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD" TO SCORE 18, 17, AND 15 IN HIS FIRST 3 FINALS GAMES IS NOT GOOD, NO MATTER WHAT WAY U TRY TO SLICE IT...AND NO, THE PADDED STATS DONT HELP NEITHER.

Game 4: 33/11/4 2 steals, 2 blocks. No explanation needed.

GOOD GAME FOR LEBRON, 1ST IN 4 GAMES

Game 5: 25/6/8 4 steals. Tied for most points. Led in Boards and 2nd in Assists.

A LOT OF STATS COLLECTED IN GARBAGE TIME, STILL ENDED 8-22 FROM THE FIELD (43%, AS OPPOSED TO 56% HE SHOT IN THE REGULAR SEASON=UNDERPERFORMING)...AGAIN, EYE TEST SHOWED LEBRON STRUGGLING THE ENTIRE GAME. EVEN VAN GUNDY STARTED CALLIN HIM OUT BY THIS POINT. JUMPER AFTER JUMPER AFTER JUMPER....CLEARLY WASNT PLAYIN THE SAME GAME WE SEE HIM PLAY IN THE REGULAR SEASON, WHICH RESULTED IN A LOSS.

Game 6: 32/10/11 3 steals, 1 block. The "Choke" game.*

THIS WAS THE GAME WHERE HE WAS TERRIBLE UP UNTIL THE HEADBAND FELL OFF...I ALREADY SAID I'D COUNT IT AS A GOOD GAME, BUT IF RAY ALLEN DONT HIT THAT THREE, IT GOES DOWN AS A BAD GAME (HE COLLECTED A GOOD PORTION OF HIS STATS IN OVERTIME) AND THE SERIES IS OVER WITH LEBRON ONLY DOING GOOD IN 1 OUT OF 6 GAMES! WELL...I CAN TELL U ONE THING, GOD WAS ON HIS SIDE. CUZ ONCE TIM DUNCAN WAS BENCHED+BOSH HAD THE CHANCE TO GRAB THAT REBOUND+RAY ALLEN HIT THAT 3 TO TIE IT=LEBRON WAS GIVEN 1 MORE CHANCE... AND HE DID THE MOST WITH IT. STILL, I'M NOT GUNNA SIT HERE AND ACT LIKE HE WASNT STRUGGLING MOST OF THE TIME PRIOR TO THE HEADBAND FALLING. THIN LINES DONT EXIST.

Game 7: 37/12/4 2 steals. No explanation needed.

GOOOD GAME, SALVAGED HIS ENTIRE REPUTATION WIT THIS 1.

This man was the all around leader in every game. Whether it was hitting the Boards. Willingly passing to a teammate. Defending (think about what Tony Parker did when LBJ was on him). It's not always about scoring

*This asterisk is to notate that while you call out LeBron for choking in Game 6, you give Kobe props for his Game 7.

ALREADY SAID LEBRON HAD A GOOD GAME 6...I COUNTED GAMES 1-3 AND GAME 5 AS HIS 4 BAD GAMES. BUT NICE TRY.

But a triple double, 32/10/11 on 11/26 beats 23/15/2 on 6/24 every day. LeBron had some turnovers but hit a 3 with 20 seconds. If I'm not mistaken, Kobe only hit 1 field goal the entire 4th quarter, but got to the line a lot. More proof that Kobe gets plenty of calls, especially when they count. So, again, why do you give Kobe a pass and not LeBron?

You do not really speak in Truth, more half-truth and opinion. All I can use are real numbers, my eyes and my brain, more than my heart. You speak of the good Kobe does and brush over the bad. You speak of the bad LeBron does and hardly even glimpse at the good.

AS IF UR NOT SITTING HERE DOIN THE EXACT OPPOSITE..LMAO! ALSO, IF UR GUNA COMPARE HOW LEBRON IS TREATED BY REFS TO HOW KOBE IS TREATED, THEN SPARE URSELF THE REPLY, BECAUSE U COMIN WIT SOME BOGUS SHIT MAYN. KOBE GETS CALLS SOMETIMES, NO DOUBT....BUT IN REALITY, IT'S ABOUT AT A 60% CLIP OF THE CALLS LEBRON GETS, AND THATS REAL SHIT.

These are not to say that LeBron is better than Kobe in the clutch, but that they're not far off. Final 5 minutes, +/-5 Points.

Again, it's not all about scoring. LeBron is Rebounds better in the clutch last year. Assisted far better. Protected the ball better. His +/- and Defensive Rating were ridiculous in the clutch.

You have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Basketball, but you have too much emotion involved in discussing all things Kobe and all things LeBron.

I'M NOT A STAT NERD...I USE THE EYE TEST. STATS CAN BE MANIPULATED TO SHOW ANYTHING. I'VE PULLED UP STATS THAT SHOW KOBE WAS A MUCH GREATER PLAYER THAN JORDAN IN THE PAST...BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE EYE TEST SHOWED LEBRON TO BE EXTREMELY SHAKEY DURING A GOOD PORTION OF THE FINALS. NO STAT U PULL UP WILL DESCRIBE HIS NERVOUSNESS AND HESITANCY TO STEP IT UP AND CARRY HIS TEAM ON OFFENSE WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM MOST....BUT WATCHING THE GAMES, U WILL SEE IT URSELF. TO BE 100% HONEST, I REALLY DIDNT THINK ANY1 WOULD BE DENYIN HIS PASSIVENESS AND FEAR OF THE BIG MOMENTS AFTER DISPLAYING IT FOR A MAJORITY OF THE SERIES.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:41:42 PM by NIKCC »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 12:38:57 PM »
Inadequate response at every turn. You lost this one.

Whoisthis is the guru.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »
I think NIK just deleted his account.

I officially deem "whoisthis" the basketball guru of the forum.

ARE U THE MOST OVERDRAMATIC POSTER IN DUBCC HISTORY OR JUST TRYIN UR HARDEST TO LIVE UP TO THE FORUM-HOMO TITLE UV BEEN GIVEN?

I CAN PICTURE U FAINTING AFTER U READ PRO-LEBRON RANTS LMAO

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 06:32:36 PM »
Those stats posted in regards to % where LeBron/Kobe shoot from was to contradict you're notion that LeBron is only has a better shooting % because of what he does at the Rim. Those numbers prove otherwise. LeBron taking the wide open shot is the SMART play and it results in a higher percentage shot. It's not really a function of him being a Small Forward. T-Mac played a lot of Small Forward, check his Shooting %. Ron Artest. Paul Pierce. Carmelo Anthony. To name a few. All these guys have career shooting % averages AT or below where Kobe is. It's style of play, more than Position that figures into how one shoots. One thing Kobe fans always try to do is emphasize the tough defenses he faces. Now, granted, a team will not sag off Kobe and allow him to shoot. But, Kobe is not facing shut down Defenders every night either. When Kobe is double teamed or has a man draped on him, he could decide to pass. He chooses not to. His shooting percentages suffer because of that. You can only use the tough defenses as an excuse so long.

One minute you say LeBron is Pass-First. The next you say he's scared to shoot. LeBron tries to go for the smart play, not the hero play. He was facing tough defense in the Paint. Instead of forcing the issue in the paint, he passed. This is not scared. This is adjusting. 6-24 is obviously not scared, but it shows that there was absolutely no adjustment at all. Your eye test only includes scoring. Did he not Rebound like hell in game 1? Remember you just gave Kobe props for his rebounding in Game 7, why not LeBron? The Eye Test on shooting says LeBron had a tough night. The eye test on the GAME shows LeBron did a lot of other things needed. The team lost, these things happen. But that's why it's a 7 game series. Why is when the Lakers lose, like they did in Game 3 vs. Boston, you're not calling Kobe out? And again, Chalmers scored 1 point extra. You're calling someone else dramatic but what do you call gloating about someone having 1 extra point? Was Chalmers the leading scorer sure, but you're acting like he was 10+ points up on LeBron with your little "LOL" at the end. Yet, you leave out the fact that he led his team in Rebounds and Assists and that he had 2 steals.

Thus far you've generalized each loss and attributed it to LeBron's poor play. Yet, this is how you characterized Kobe's Game 2:

No mention that his 8/20 nor his 2/7 from 3 were well below his season averages. And also, never blamed Kobe for the loss. Why?

Why do you characterize Game 6 for LeBron as

WELL...I CAN TELL U ONE THING, GOD WAS ON HIS SIDE. CUZ ONCE TIM DUNCAN WAS BENCHED+BOSH HAD THE CHANCE TO GRAB THAT REBOUND+RAY ALLEN HIT THAT 3 TO TIE IT=LEBRON WAS GIVEN 1 MORE CHANCE...

Yet you say this about Kobe's Game 7

Why aren't you mentioning how poorly he shot? Or that he was saved by a Ron Artest 3 and a Pau Gasol Rebound after Kobe missed a 3? Sound familiar? Just curious why you're not analyzing Kobe's games the same as LeBron, even though there are many similar situations and circumstances.

Also, not sure where you're getting your info, but if your eyes told you LeBron got most of his stats in Game 6 in Overtime here's his line in OT:

2/2/0 1/3 MAAAAN! He sure padded his stats there. What a disaster his game was during regulation! 30/8/10 10/23. What a bad game within regulation.

As far as how Kobe is treated and LeBron treated by the refs, mayn, the numbers, again, do not lie. Kobe got to the line 21 more times. 3 times extra per game. If Kobe would've had LeBron's free throw attempts those numbers he put up would've been far less. Specifically his "Masterful" game 7 where he got to the line 15 times. Sorry mayn. I'm just pointing out the opposite of what you are pointing out to put the whole story out there for both sides. Not just the good Kobe did and the bad LeBron did as you've tried to do so far.

Lastly, maybe you should utilize stats because your "eye test" has failed here. These stats are not manipulated. They are last 5 minutes, +/-5 Points. And the numbers are how these players performed last season. Much like the shooting stats, you attempt to discredit any stat that gives LeBron an edge. Sorry buddy.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 07:15:18 PM »
Kobe is done.

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »
Those stats posted in regards to % where LeBron/Kobe shoot from was to contradict you're notion that LeBron is only has a better shooting % because of what he does at the Rim. Those numbers prove otherwise. LeBron taking the wide open shot is the SMART play and it results in a higher percentage shot. It's not really a function of him being a Small Forward. T-Mac played a lot of Small Forward, check his Shooting %. Ron Artest. Paul Pierce. Carmelo Anthony. To name a few. All these guys have career shooting % averages AT or below where Kobe is. It's style of play, more than Position that figures into how one shoots. One thing Kobe fans always try to do is emphasize the tough defenses he faces. Now, granted, a team will not sag off Kobe and allow him to shoot. But, Kobe is not facing shut down Defenders every night either. When Kobe is double teamed or has a man draped on him, he could decide to pass. He chooses not to. His shooting percentages suffer because of that. You can only use the tough defenses as an excuse so long.

THERE IS NO WAY 2 DENY THAT LEBRON GETS EASIER LOOKS THAN KOBE, AND EVEN MELO OR DURANT, MAINLY BECAUSE HE IS PASS-FIRST, SHOOT SECOND. NOT AS FEARED AS A SHOOTER OR DOESNT BEAT U WITH THE HANDLES, CANT SPLIT DEFENDERS, NO FOOTWORK. HE IS GUARDED AS A PASSER, HE IS MOSTLY FEARED IN TRANSITION WHEN IT COMES TO SCORING....AND CONSIDERING HE PLAYS WITH KNOCK DOWN SHOOTERS, HIS PASSING IS WHAT HE'S GUARDED ON....MAGIC JOHNSON SHOT A BETTER FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE THAN MICHAEL JORDAN, WOULD U REGARD HIM AS A BETTER SCORER? COME ON, NOW

One minute you say LeBron is Pass-First. The next you say he's scared to shoot. LeBron tries to go for the smart play, not the hero play. He was facing tough defense in the Paint. Instead of forcing the issue in the paint, he passed. This is not scared. This is adjusting. 6-24 is obviously not scared, but it shows that there was absolutely no adjustment at all. Your eye test only includes scoring. Did he not Rebound like hell in game 1? Remember you just gave Kobe props for his rebounding in Game 7, why not LeBron? The Eye Test on shooting says LeBron had a tough night. The eye test on the GAME shows LeBron did a lot of other things needed. The team lost, these things happen. But that's why it's a 7 game series. Why is when the Lakers lose, like they did in Game 3 vs. Boston, you're not calling Kobe out? And again, Chalmers scored 1 point extra. You're calling someone else dramatic but what do you call gloating about someone having 1 extra point? Was Chalmers the leading scorer sure, but you're acting like he was 10+ points up on LeBron with your little "LOL" at the end. Yet, you leave out the fact that he led his team in Rebounds and Assists and that he had 2 steals.

HE'S PASS FIRST + HESITANT TO SHOOT, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE GAME GETS MORE INTENSE AND/OR MOMENTUM BELONGS TO THE OPPOSING TEAM..IT GOES HAND IN HAND, AND DONT ACT LIKE THIS IS SOME GROUNDBREAKING SHIT IM COMIN WITH. IT'S WELL DOCUMENTED AND A COMMON THEME IN LEBRON DISCUSSIONS IN TERMS OF HIS FLAWS. BUT LIKE I SAID, LEBRON IS A STAT PADDER...HE DIDNT GET REBOUNDS (IN THAT LOSS, LOL) BECAUSE HIS TEAM NEEDED IT. AS OPPOSED TO KOBE, WHO WENT INTO GAME 7 KNOWIN THAT REBOUNDING WAS THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SERIES, WITH A MINDSET TO ATTACK THE BOARDS ABOVE ALL ELSE. WHEN THE LAKERS NEEDED REBOUNDING, KOBE REBOUNDED. THE HEAT NEEDED LEBRON TO SCORE FIRST AND FOREMOST, FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE GAMES, AND HE PUTS UP UNDER 20 POINTS EVERY TIME- SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PLANET..I DONT CARE HOW MANY REBOUNDS HE STEALS FROM HIS TEAMMATES IN GARBAGE TIME. HEAT LOST THE GAME CUZ LEBRON FAILED TO SCORE AT HIS NORMAL RATE. THATS WHAT IT CAME DOWN TO.

Thus far you've generalized each loss and attributed it to LeBron's poor play. Yet, this is how you characterized Kobe's Game 2:

No mention that his 8/20 nor his 2/7 from 3 were well below his season averages. And also, never blamed Kobe for the loss. Why?

Why do you characterize Game 6 for LeBron as

WELL...I CAN TELL U ONE THING, GOD WAS ON HIS SIDE. CUZ ONCE TIM DUNCAN WAS BENCHED+BOSH HAD THE CHANCE TO GRAB THAT REBOUND+RAY ALLEN HIT THAT 3 TO TIE IT=LEBRON WAS GIVEN 1 MORE CHANCE...

Yet you say this about Kobe's Game 7

Why aren't you mentioning how poorly he shot? Or that he was saved by a Ron Artest 3 and a Pau Gasol Rebound after Kobe missed a 3? Sound familiar? Just curious why you're not analyzing Kobe's games the same as LeBron, even though there are many similar situations and circumstances.

WHY? BECAUSE KOBE AND LEBRON ARE 2 DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES, AND THATS THE SHIT THAT DONT SHOW UP ON STATS...LEBRON SCORES UNDER 20 POINTS IN THREE STRAIGHT GAMES BECAUSE OF ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY...HIS NERVES. HIS FEAR OF THE BIG STAGE. HIS TENDENCY TO FREEZE UP AND BECOME EXTREMELY PASSIVE. THATS WHAT IT IS. KOBE SHOOTS 6/24, IT'S NOT BECAUSE HE'S DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT OR LOSING HIS EDGE....IT'S BECAUSE HE HAD A BAD SHOOTING NIGHT. AND TAKE INTO ACCOUNT HE'S FACING ONE OF THE TOUGHEST DEFENSES EVER- IT PALES IN COMPARISON TO THE REASONING BEHIND WHY LEBRON CAN GO THREE STRAIGHT GAMES UNDER 20....STAT NERDS CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT 2 TRY AND MANIPULATE WHATS REAL, BUT DEEP DOWN, U KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS.

Also, not sure where you're getting your info, but if your eyes told you LeBron got most of his stats in Game 6 in Overtime here's his line in OT:

2/2/0 1/3 MAAAAN! He sure padded his stats there. What a disaster his game was during regulation! 30/8/10 10/23. What a bad game within regulation.

OK, NOT IN OVERTIME, WHEN THE HEADBAND FELL OFF...BEFORE THAT HE WAS SOMETHING LIKE 3/14 ...BUT EITHER WAY, I CREDITED THIS AS ONE OF THE GOOD GAMES.

As far as how Kobe is treated and LeBron treated by the refs, mayn, the numbers, again, do not lie. Kobe got to the line 21 more times. 3 times extra per game. If Kobe would've had LeBron's free throw attempts those numbers he put up would've been far less. Specifically his "Masterful" game 7 where he got to the line 15 times. Sorry mayn. I'm just pointing out the opposite of what you are pointing out to put the whole story out there for both sides. Not just the good Kobe did and the bad LeBron did as you've tried to do so far.

Lastly, maybe you should utilize stats because your "eye test" has failed here. These stats are not manipulated. They are last 5 minutes, +/-5 Points. And the numbers are how these players performed last season. Much like the shooting stats, you attempt to discredit any stat that gives LeBron an edge. Sorry buddy.

AGAIN, KOBE WAS ATTACKING AGAINST TOUGH DEFENSE THAT WOULDNT LET HIM BREATHE, THAT BOSTON D WASNT GIVING HIM OPEN SHOTS, AND IF HE TOOK IT TO THE RIM, HE WAS GETTING HAMMERED....LEBRON WAS GIVEN 5 FOOT CUSHIONS, BEING BAITED INTO TAKIN JUMPSHOTS INSTEAD OF ATTACKIN....I POINTED THIS OUT, DUNO WHY U BROUGHT THIS UP AGAIN? IF LEBRON ATTACKED THE RIM FROM GAME 1, THEN WE WOULDNT EVEN BE HERE DISCUSSING HOW HE UNDERPERFORMED FOR A MAJORITY OF THE SERIES. BUT THE FACT IS, HE WASN'T ATTACKING..INSTEAD, HE WAS SETTLING, AND IT WAS THE TALK OF THE SERIES LEADING INTO GAME 6. PEEPS WERE ASKIN WHEN LEBRON WOULD SHOW UP...WELL, THAT LEBRON DID SHOW UP. WHEN HIS HEADBAND FELL OFF AND THE STARS ALIGNED, HE WAS GIVEN ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY. HE TURNED IT UP A NOTCH AND WENT INTO REGULAR SEASON MODE...BUT ONCE AGAIN, THAT DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT HE WAS UNDERPERFORMING FOR A MAJORITY OF THE SERIES.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:36:24 AM by NIKCC »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 05:03:50 AM »
That's it guys, Lebron never plays against a good defense.  Close the thread.