Author Topic: LeBron Snubs Magic Johnson On His Top-3 NBA Players List- Magic Responds.  (Read 1993 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Personally I'd probably have Kobe in my top 3. Top 4 at least, above Lebron for today's arguments as well. Jordan, Bird, Magic & Kobe. And trust me I'm not even remotely a Laker fan. I was a Jordan guy when I was young and a Piston fan as a grown man.
I'm not doggin' Bron either, he will be among the greatest if he isn't already but not top 5.

LMAO!!!!!

kobe isn't even top 10 yet, slow ya roll.  child please.

Sccit

Personally I'd probably have Kobe in my top 3. Top 4 at least, above Lebron for today's arguments as well. Jordan, Bird, Magic & Kobe. And trust me I'm not even remotely a Laker fan. I was a Jordan guy when I was young and a Piston fan as a grown man.
I'm not doggin' Bron either, he will be among the greatest if he isn't already but not top 5.

LMAO!!!!!

kobe isn't even top 10 yet, slow ya roll.  child please.

and this is why no one regards u as anything higher than a troll poster in the sports section

Hack Wilson - real

name me the players you think are better than kobe

Sccit

i dont think anyone is "better" than kobe....i think there are about 10 all time greats that were all the greatest at what they do and are all interchangeable at number 1

kobe
michael
magic
bird
wilt
kareem
hakeem
robertson
shaq
russell
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:42:37 PM by NIKCC »

Hack Wilson - real

where the fuck is bill russell?  dude has 11 rings  :grumpy: :nawty:

laker fans  :eh:

Sccit

i actually thought i had him in there

but u get the point....the whole GOAT thing is all a part of branding/marketing/media hype.....it only exists in our minds. when taking two players who are the best at what they do, u cannot put one above the other. lebron is not the best at what he does, cuz he still has plenty of room for improvement. he's a second tier great, with the likes of dr. j, dominique wilkins, scottie pippen, isaiah thomas, etc....now that i think about it, i guess thats the reason he picked dr. j lol
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:45:42 PM by NIKCC »

Hack Wilson - real

11 rings >

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Kobe is the greatest laker of all time and Magic is the greatest player of all time......go figure :laugh:

I feel comfortable saying Kobe's career on the Lakers is better than Magic on the Lakers. With that said, I have issues putting Kobe in an all time ranking with Magic, Jordan, Bird, Dr. J, Russell, Wilt and everyone else. I really haven't thought of where Kobe is all time, and his legacy is still being written. So I have no problem saying he might be the greatest Laker of all time. But greatest player of all time? Not yet. Don't even know where to rank him.

Sccit

Kobe is the greatest laker of all time and Magic is the greatest player of all time......go figure :laugh:

I feel comfortable saying Kobe's career on the Lakers is better than Magic on the Lakers. With that said, I have issues putting Kobe in an all time ranking with Magic, Jordan, Bird, Dr. J, Russell, Wilt and everyone else. I really haven't thought of where Kobe is all time, and his legacy is still being written. So I have no problem saying he might be the greatest Laker of all time. But greatest player of all time? Not yet. Don't even know where to rank him.

kobe passed dr. j long ago...dr. j is on the list of 2nd tier goats. lol@a laker fan having a "problem" with putting kobe on an all-time list with dr. j smfh

Hack Wilson - real

saying kobe is better than magic as a laker is like saying Jeter is better than lou gehrig as a Yankee.

sure, magic and lou gehrig were both forced to retire a good 3-4 years before their best days were over due to horrible circumstances but just because these new jacks came along and were healthy and didn't get ALS or aids doesn't make them better than the predecessor.

Sccit

saying kobe is better than magic as a laker is like saying Jeter is better than lou gehrig as a Yankee.

sure, magic and lou gehrig were both forced to retire a good 3-4 years before their best days were over due to horrible circumstances but just because these new jacks came along and were healthy and didn't get ALS or aids doesn't make them better than the predecessor.

magic himself has already accepted kobe as the GOAT laker lol

can u picture jordan ever accepting some1 as the GOAT bull? naah...u know why? cuz it hasnt happened.

Hack Wilson - real

magic is also a complete ass laker kisser and apologist  x 10.  he'll say whatever to get attention.

his commentary is pointless and i almost never listen to it...all of that ESPN crew is horrible.  wilbon just kisses ass, bill simmons gets taken off the air if he says something real (lol check youtube) and they suck compared to the TNT crew.

magic was def better than kobe and it's not really close unless you only look at longevity and ignore everything else

Sccit

magic is also a complete ass laker kisser and apologist  x 10.  he'll say whatever to get attention.

exact opposite, and ur at an all time low with this claim....magic is KNOWN and FROWNED UPON by the laker community for his back-handed comments against the organization. he usually is extremely tough on the lakers and is known for predicting against us most of the time. most think it's because he's a company-man and is made to say those things by bspn, but i think it's because he's unadmittedly bitter that kobe has passed him on the all-time list + that the laker organization doesnt kiss his ass and never handed him over a higher stake with the organization, to the point where he had to go fux wit the dodgers to get the power he wanted.

lmao@"magic was definitely better than kobe"......at passing, and thats it. smfh if u claim he was better at anything else.

Hack Wilson - real

lmao

Let's just run over some things he's said this postseason

Predicted Lakers over Spurs in 6
Said that the key to that series was the Kawhi vs Pau matchup. (????)

Said that the only way the Spurs can win against the Grizz is if they score more than 30 points a quarter.

If the Grizz want to win, they have to pick up their pace, because clearly a up-tempo offense is what has been winning them games.

That's just during Spurs games. I'm sure there's other idiotic things he's said during other games as well. As long as I'm ranting, I might as well say ESPN needs to find a new NBA crew ASAP. Wilbon's ok, but he seems disinterested at times. Magic says nothing of value during anything, pulling stats and information out of his ass. I hate Jalen Rose's voice; I know that's a shitty reason to him but whatever. And Simmons. I like Simmons when he writes. He clearly has knowledge of the game, but I never see that. And the thing is he respects Jalen and Magic too much too call them out on any of their bullshit. Magic can say whatever the fuck he wants cause he's the greatest PG to ever play. And Jalen and Bill are friends from Grantland, so there's never any arguing between them.
And that's exactly what they need. Arguing. TNT works because Kenny,Chuck, and Shaq respect each other, but aren't afraid to call each other out or disagree with one another. And of course no one's better than Ernie.

TL;DR - Magic pulls things out of his ass, no one calls him out because he's Magic Johnson. And ESPN needs a new halftime/pregame crew

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1eqg1h/why_magic_johnson_is_the_worst_nba_analyst_on_tv/

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

kobe passed dr. j long ago...dr. j is on the list of 2nd tier goats. lol@a laker fan having a "problem" with putting kobe on an all-time list with dr. j smfh

I didn't put Jordan in my top 25 until he retired, and I ain't ranking Kobe until he retires. It's not just Magic and Dr. J, but where does he rank with a guy with 11 rings, a guy better than him at his own position, a player from his team that had more triple doubles. I consider Kareem a better center than Bill Russell, but I rank Russell higher in my all time list because he just won. Before he was a Celtic, the Celtics sucked. After he left the Celtics, the Celtics sucked. So I have considered Russell a better player than Kareem because of his all around team game. But I have no doubt Kareem would kick Russell's ass in a game of one on one. So to add Kobe onto that list takes actual evaluation, at least for me. When someone new comes along, we re-think players and their importance.