Author Topic: LeBron Snubs Magic Johnson On His Top-3 NBA Players List- Magic Responds.  (Read 1992 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Russell in his prime would've owned Kareem just like he owned Wilt

Sccit

lmao

Let's just run over some things he's said this postseason

Predicted Lakers over Spurs in 6
Said that the key to that series was the Kawhi vs Pau matchup. (????)

Said that the only way the Spurs can win against the Grizz is if they score more than 30 points a quarter.

If the Grizz want to win, they have to pick up their pace, because clearly a up-tempo offense is what has been winning them games.

That's just during Spurs games. I'm sure there's other idiotic things he's said during other games as well. As long as I'm ranting, I might as well say ESPN needs to find a new NBA crew ASAP. Wilbon's ok, but he seems disinterested at times. Magic says nothing of value during anything, pulling stats and information out of his ass. I hate Jalen Rose's voice; I know that's a shitty reason to him but whatever. And Simmons. I like Simmons when he writes. He clearly has knowledge of the game, but I never see that. And the thing is he respects Jalen and Magic too much too call them out on any of their bullshit. Magic can say whatever the fuck he wants cause he's the greatest PG to ever play. And Jalen and Bill are friends from Grantland, so there's never any arguing between them.
And that's exactly what they need. Arguing. TNT works because Kenny,Chuck, and Shaq respect each other, but aren't afraid to call each other out or disagree with one another. And of course no one's better than Ernie.

TL;DR - Magic pulls things out of his ass, no one calls him out because he's Magic Johnson. And ESPN needs a new halftime/pregame crew

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1eqg1h/why_magic_johnson_is_the_worst_nba_analyst_on_tv/

Yea, after years of hating on the lakeshow, he tries to turn the tables by goin against the grain... Don't change a thing. Michael Cooper, James Worthy.. These are cats u can call laker loyalists.. Magic is an espn company-man with his own agendas, which he puts far before the lakers.

Sccit

Kobe is the greatest laker of all time and Magic is the greatest player of all time......go figure :laugh:

I feel comfortable saying Kobe's career on the Lakers is better than Magic on the Lakers. With that said, I have issues putting Kobe in an all time ranking with Magic, Jordan, Bird, Dr. J, Russell, Wilt and everyone else. I really haven't thought of where Kobe is all time, and his legacy is still being written. So I have no problem saying he might be the greatest Laker of all time. But greatest player of all time? Not yet. Don't even know where to rank him.

kobe passed dr. j long ago...dr. j is on the list of 2nd tier goats. lol@a laker fan having a "problem" with putting kobe on an all-time list with dr. j smfh

I didn't put Jordan in my top 25 until he retired, and I ain't ranking Kobe until he retires. It's not just Magic and Dr. J, but where does he rank with a guy with 11 rings, a guy better than him at his own position, a player from his team that had more triple doubles. I consider Kareem a better center than Bill Russell, but I rank Russell higher in my all time list because he just won. Before he was a Celtic, the Celtics sucked. After he left the Celtics, the Celtics sucked. So I have considered Russell a better player than Kareem because of his all around team game. But I have no doubt Kareem would kick Russell's ass in a game of one on one. So to add Kobe onto that list takes actual evaluation, at least for me. When someone new comes along, we re-think players and their importance.

Just sayin, if Kobe retired today, he's FAR ahead of Dr J lol

Sccit

Russell in his prime would've owned Kareem just like he owned Wilt

lmao

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Kobe is the greatest laker of all time and Magic is the greatest player of all time......go figure :laugh:

I feel comfortable saying Kobe's career on the Lakers is better than Magic on the Lakers. With that said, I have issues putting Kobe in an all time ranking with Magic, Jordan, Bird, Dr. J, Russell, Wilt and everyone else. I really haven't thought of where Kobe is all time, and his legacy is still being written. So I have no problem saying he might be the greatest Laker of all time. But greatest player of all time? Not yet. Don't even know where to rank him.

kobe passed dr. j long ago...dr. j is on the list of 2nd tier goats. lol@a laker fan having a "problem" with putting kobe on an all-time list with dr. j smfh

I didn't put Jordan in my top 25 until he retired, and I ain't ranking Kobe until he retires. It's not just Magic and Dr. J, but where does he rank with a guy with 11 rings, a guy better than him at his own position, a player from his team that had more triple doubles. I consider Kareem a better center than Bill Russell, but I rank Russell higher in my all time list because he just won. Before he was a Celtic, the Celtics sucked. After he left the Celtics, the Celtics sucked. So I have considered Russell a better player than Kareem because of his all around team game. But I have no doubt Kareem would kick Russell's ass in a game of one on one. So to add Kobe onto that list takes actual evaluation, at least for me. When someone new comes along, we re-think players and their importance.

Just sayin, if Kobe retired today, he's FAR ahead of Dr J lol

Maybe, but it's not just if he's ahead of Dr. J, but what was his impact. I think you can rank Dr. J higher than he should be because he changed the game. Elgin Baylor doesn't get enough credit because not enough game film exist on him, but he changed the game and he should forever be a top 10 player. Kobe was good, but did he change the game. We know Kobe will be top 10, but is he top 5? Top 3? Is he better than Magic as a player? Bird? Russell? Jordan? I don't know these answers yet. I know he's a better LAKER than Magic. He had a longer career, beat the Celtics as well and did as much to spread the Laker brand worldwide like Magic did. But is a better PLAYER? That's different. I'm not sure yet. You can't just say, Kobe is better than Magic, Dr. J, Russell. Not yet at least. Not until the book is done being written and we see were he finally lays. We've see Jordan old, we've seen Magic comeback and play well after contacting HIV, we've seen Bird fall to his back injury. Were do we see Kobe and how he comes back from injury. Looks great so far, but just exactly how great well he still be. If Kobe comes back and becomes old Kobe, or old man Kobe, well also be part of his legacy. I can't put him anywhere yet. Even ahead of Dr. J. Dr. J changed the game, he fathered Michael Jordan. And until Kobe's book is done being written, he can't be above anyone on this list.

I'll throw you a bone though, I will put Kobe over Mark Madson. I feel confident enough that Kobe's career will be looked at as superior to Madson.

Sccit

i stopped reading at "maybe"

sadly enough, it was ur opening word

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i stopped reading at "maybe"

sadly enough, it was ur opening word

Because you are going blind?

Sccit

blinded by the smiiightttt

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
blinded by the smiiightttt

You know, a little bit of herbal medicine will clear that right up. If you know what I mean.  8)

Sccit

u should smoke a blunt of og and rethink whether u truly believe kobe is not a whole lot greater than dr. j, or if ur sayin it just to say it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
NIK is so retarded.

Sccit

NIK is so retarded.

lol more napolean dynamitesque quotes...this aint tha g-spot. we lookin for substance round these parts. if u cant provide that, u better off postin somewhere where u possess enough knowledge to speak on the actual topics. we already got our neighborhood troll in hack. unless u willin to go back and forth and ATTEMPT to make points, ur posts here are useless, young elton.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
u should smoke a blunt of og and rethink whether u truly believe kobe is not a whole lot greater than dr. j, or if ur sayin it just to say it.

Not actually saying Dr. J is better than Kobe. I am saying that I wouldn't even think about it until Kobe is retired. I did the same with Jordan, and like you being a Kobe stan, Jordan stans jumped all over me saying, Well Jordan is the greatest... blah, blah, blah. I told them straight up, until Jordan is done, I wouldn't even think about him being the greatest. But in 1997, I was comfortable saying he was better than Jack Haley.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LOL @ substance. You get owned here on a daily basis with other people's substance and just ramble and twist words and contradict yourself along the way to attempt to save face. You're like an immature little girl.

Sccit

LOL @ substance. You get owned here on a daily basis with other people's substance and just ramble and twist words and contradict yourself along the way to attempt to save face. You're like an immature little girl.

Where did I get owned? Sounds like ur just butthurt over some other shit to me lol..

Or do u also think Dr J is higher on an all-time list than Kobe?

U tryin too hard, and in turn end up shittin in ur own mouth. Fall back.