Author Topic: Why do grown men care about Batman, Superman or Spiderman movies?  (Read 1214 times)

Hack Wilson - real

a lot of folks have their panties in a bunch over that douche bag Ben Affleck getting the role of Batman in an upcoming movie

While I certainly realize Affleck is a total douche-bag who deserves no accolades I must wonder why any adult would truly care.  Those movies are for kids and are mostly not worth the money based on lack of quality.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Why do grown men care about Batman, Superman or Spiderman movies?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »
good point. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »
Forrest Whitaker woulda been a better choice for batman.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:40:28 PM »
Cause we grew up watching that shit, it's nostalgic for a lot of people. Say what you want, but the most recent Batman movies were very good, and you can't blame people for not wanting a tool like Ben Afleck replacing someone that played him so well.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
Cause we grew up watching that shit, it's nostalgic for a lot of people. Say what you want, but the most recent Batman movies were very good, and you can't blame people for not wanting a tool like Ben Afleck replacing someone that played him so well.

i hate ben asscrack

i sure can't get over worked over this particular role lol

Heinz

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »
I think why "grown" men resonate with superhero movies is that they relate to the revenge/justice part strongly.
Also that the superheroes are "regular" people that can do extraordinary things.
Then there is simply the entertainment value they have: Good vs Evil never fails as it is part of our earthbound nature.
Here in the US we are almost born with a need for an external enemy of some sort.
There is something quite primitive/savage about the whole fascination.

Never liked any of the Batman, Spiderman or Superman movies myself.

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 01:15:46 AM »
Forrest Whitaker woulda been a better choice for batman.
;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 01:57:53 AM »
 Yeah i dont really get it either. I mean i cant imagine that dude as batman but i mean in general i think super hero's are gay and lame.
 Its funny i get paid out for liking anime and video games but i think super hero's are lame and the movies are boring and cheesy.
 But Kick ass is cool!

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »
cuz they good movies cuzz

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »
cuz they good movies cuzz

Exactly, you can make a similar case for "grown men" getting upset over their favorite sports teams. It's all about entertainment.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 08:39:32 PM »
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »
better than worrying about who's god is right or something stupid and pointless as that.

im from Poland
LOL!

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Never liked any of the Batman, Spiderman or Superman movies myself.
why does this not surprise me?

somebody had a lonely childhood.

im from Poland
LOL!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 09:10:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRz4FY0ZcwI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GRz4FY0ZcwI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

I posted this song because it shows how much grown men can related to superheroes. And if you can't feel this song, and how it feels like your whole family depends on you to put everything aside and be that Superman for them, then you have yet to be a man. I think this song captures exactly what it's like to be a dad, a husband, a bread winner, not being able to call in sick, not being able to show your down, because the moment you are down then your family who depends on you gets scared. I haven't liked Superman since I was a little kid. I was 9 or 10 when I finally went, this guy can't lose, this is stupid. But once I became a father, I understood exactly where he was coming from.

I personally haven't expressed my opinion here on Ben Affleck being Batman, but let's just say it's not a positive one. My wife had to call the police because I was going to jump off my house onto a bed of nails head first after hearing this news. (okay, that maybe a bit of a stretch, but I was not happy.) But here is the reality.

Many of us guys watched these larger than life characters growing up. Just like to a generation of people, no basketball player will be better than Michael Jordan, for many years Babe Ruths numbers were listed off by kids who never lived at the same time as him, because this was their hero. People are big into hero worship. The Greeks created mythology and stories that many comics borrow from; King Arthur was not actually a real person, same with Robin Hood, but the British people spoke of these people as if they truly exist. In American culture, we are still very young so we had to create a mythology of our own. Before it was the cowboys and the legends of Billy the Kid, Jesse James and the Earp brothers with Doc Holiday. Tails of heroes and villains. But as society grew more advance, we made up heroes to fit our time. From the Depression and build up to World War II came Superman, Batman and Captain America. In the 60's, as science became more advance and science fiction was a huge thing, comics EXPLODED and we got Spiderman, the Hulk, Fantastic 4, and characters like Green Lantern and Flash were re-imagined to fit that time. Over years, as more and more kids read these books, watched the cartoons, these characters became part of their childhood and soon past down from generation to generation. Before it was the old grandfather who spoke to the village kids and passed down stories. Now we have TV pass these stories down for us, and these stories are about superheroes. Society still works the same as it's always been, but replace grandpa with TV and King Arthur and Robin Hood with Superman and Spiderman.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »
Mdogg you bring up a good point.  "People are big into hero worship".  I mean, yeah some of you people are.  It explains the superhero movie phenomenon and also the Obama phenomenon as well.  Some people just like being told how great other people are, it makes them feel safe in their stupidity and mediocrity imo.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup