Author Topic: Name that Dubcnn member  (Read 15485 times)

Sccit

Re: Name that Dubcnn member
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2013, 12:17:40 AM »
I was talking bout Warrens simplistic rhymes bringing the album down.

Like I said to Nik if you had 12 'Regulates' on there the album would be up with Doggystyle no question

thats the same as being upset that a beethoven album wasnt lyrically up-to-par lmao

u say if it had 12 "regulates" it would be on par with "doggystyle", yet regulate is an 8/10 rap song?....makes perfect sense :stupid:

no matter how u slice it, givin that album a 7/10 is like shittin on west coast rap....period

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »

Like I said to Nik if you had 12 'Regulates' on there the album would be up with Doggystyle no question

Lol which rhymes? He's got classic rhymes all over that album. There's a few spots where he's clearly freestyling which aren't technical masterpieces but still fit nicely on the songs. And they're still freestyles which takes a lot of skill. MC wise, the Twinz absolutely destroyed it, super sole sis destroyed it, dove shack destroyed it, Malik, etc. Production is phenomenal. Album was extremely impactful, everyone was bangin it summer of 94.

I'll ask again, when did you first listen to this?

Will_B

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »

Lol which rhymes? He's got classic rhymes all over that album. There's a few spots where he's clearly freestyling which aren't technical masterpieces but still fit nicely on the songs. And they're still freestyles which takes a lot of skill. MC wise, the Twinz absolutely destroyed it, super sole sis destroyed it, dove shack destroyed it, Malik, etc. Production is phenomenal. Album was extremely impactful, everyone was bangin it summer of 94.

94 I was bangin the shit out of Regulate. I'd gone off Warren by I Shot the Sheriff. So had everyone I know. Warren was a one hit wonder here. Never got the album til later

Warrens raps are carried by the production however you look at it, it's far from a perfect album

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »

lol I said it before and I'll say it again.. Gettin mad that a warren g album is not lyrical enough is like gettin mad that there's not enough harmonizing and singing on a wu-tang record.

"36 chambers is a 7/10 because ODB singing on hooks is subpar..no real singers on the entire album"

Will_B

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »
lol I said it before and I'll say it again.. Gettin mad that a warren g album is not lyrical enough is like gettin mad that there's not enough harmonizing and singing on a wu-tang record.

It's not about getting mad. It's about recognising some albums are better than others.

Regulate is still a very good album, but the rappin aint the strongest part.

Some MC's are far tighter than others. Great hip-hops about excelling at the art.

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »
You rank it lower because of lyrical skill

The album is built around production, not lyrical ability

Ranking it based on its lyrical skill is like ranking a wu tang album based on singin skill.... I'm sure u get what I mean

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2013, 04:25:54 PM »
conversation is a better album then regulate.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »

true.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »

They're both classic, but regulate is far more timeless

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »

Ouch.
That must have hurt.

No seriously, all I see is talk of Will B and Elano.  They are like celebrities over here on the GSpot yet I still have no idea who these guys are. 

will was once known as the resident euro dpg aficionado ... he's also the guy who said "regulate" was a 7/10 and that kendrick lamar's album was better. other than that, he's a good cat.

mr. bones is hack...him and will conspired to take down heinz. they found an article of some guy from dayton who has similar interests to heinz, and they claimed it was him.

elano is just some italian kid who has a fetish for floridian mandingos....he's been postin here since day 1, originally under the handle myrealname.

Just to be clear:

Regulate the album = 7/10

Regulate the song = 8/10

Just to be clear: your taste in music is ass.

I'm guessing you listened to that album for the first time in like 2008 or something.

94 everybody had that tape and knew it inside and out. Undisputed classic.

yeah but that was us Americans

these euros would fuck their own mothers to be in our shoes in the 90s im tellin u
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »

Great album, but didn't have the same impact....I think when you say classic it's gotta be one of those undisputed albums. Conversation is a classic to me, but it's not well known outside these dubcc streets.  The only weak song on there was 4 eyes 2 heads. Soopa missed the mark on that one.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
94 I was bangin the shit out of Regulate.
shut the fuck up, will. in 94 u was bumpin c&c music factory and flock of seagulls (with the same haircut).

u aint gotta lie to kick it, bloke.

and if bein lyrical is so important to you, what do you rate canibus and rakim's solo shit? 10/10? if not everythin u sayin is inconsistent.......like the amount of pussy u get.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:58 PM »
94 I was bangin the shit out of Regulate.
shut the fuck up, will. in 94 u was bumpin c&c music factory and flock of seagulls (with the same haircut).

u aint gotta lie to kick it, bloke.

and if bein lyrical is so important to you, what do you rate canibus and rakim's solo shit? 10/10? if not everythin u sayin is inconsistent.......like the amount of pussy u get.

MICHAEL JACKSON'S THRILLER WASN'T LYRICAL ENOUGH

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
rhythmalism didnt have enough multis.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:09 PM »
rhythmalism didnt have enough multis.

i was dissapointed by the lack of use of triple entendre in v nastys album with gucci mane