Author Topic: Has Miguel Cabrera wrapped up the MVP award already?  (Read 1177 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Has Miguel Cabrera wrapped up the MVP award already?
« on: September 11, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
133 RBI in 133 games, leads the league in batting, on base percentage and slugging average.  also is going to finish 2nd in home runs.

is there anything Chris Davis, Mike Trout or Robinson Cano could do over the next 3 weeks?  i don't think so.

MistaNova

Re: Has Miguel Cabrera wrapped up the MVP award already?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:14 PM »
Chris Davis and Robinson Cano had no shot from day one.

At this point the MVP is Cabrera's to lose. The only way he doesn't win is if he gets caught for using PEDs or steroids.

And yes, I do think he's a cheater and I'd love it if that happened.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
Chris Davis and Robinson Cano had no shot from day one.

At this point the MVP is Cabrera's to lose. The only way he doesn't win is if he gets caught for using PEDs or steroids.

And yes, I do think he's a cheater and I'd love it if that happened.

I don't think he's a cheater but nobody surprises me at this point.

I could still see Chris Davis winning it if he gets close to 60 homers and the Orioles make the playoffs.  But neither of those is happening.

MistaNova

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:04:07 PM »
I could still see Chris Davis winning it if he gets close to 60 homers and the Orioles make the playoffs.  But neither of those is happening.

No chance. At this point all Davis can do is to just finish the season with the most HRs in the bigs and keep Cabrera's PED-induced hands away from another triple crown (then again who's to say Davis himself isn't juicing?).
Anyway if Cabrera doesn't get the MVP for some reason, it'll go to Trout. He's everybody's plan-B.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 09:12:09 PM »
what's with the hate for Miggy?? 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »
Locked.

MistaNova

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »

He looks like he's on steroids.
He stole the MVP last year from Mike Trout who was the more deserving candidate.
I hate anybody who wears a Tigers uniform. I've always despised that team and the thought of the best hitter in baseball being on that team pisses me off to no end.

I've also hated him since his alchohol issues came to light. Now I realise that he's human and he deserves to injest some alchohol every once in a while. But then he had to put innocent lives at risk by driving under the influence. Or he was planning to (I think the police stopped him before he actually drove a car). I'm willing to defend steroid users/PED users since they never hurt or could've potientially hurt anybody but themselves but not players who get drunk and threaten innocent lives by driving under the influence (or if they're like Delmon Young and they just beat up random people on the street and call them racially insensitive slurs).

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »
mike trout is a pussy, he deserved nothing more than a nice contract which he doesn't have ironically

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »
Steroids or not, Miggy is an amazing hitter. His numbers have always been very consistent. At some point, he would've had a positive test or popped up on numerous lists. It's more speculation.

I'd say Chris Davis gets caught on roids way before Miggy.
Some Of What's On Rotation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8</a>

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »

He looks like he's on steroids.
He stole the MVP last year from Mike Trout who was the more deserving candidate.
I hate anybody who wears a Tigers uniform. I've always despised that team and the thought of the best hitter in baseball being on that team pisses me off to no end.

I've also hated him since his alchohol issues came to light. Now I realise that he's human and he deserves to injest some alchohol every once in a while. But then he had to put innocent lives at risk by driving under the influence. Or he was planning to (I think the police stopped him before he actually drove a car). I'm willing to defend steroid users/PED users since they never hurt or could've potientially hurt anybody but themselves but not players who get drunk and threaten innocent lives by driving under the influence (or if they're like Delmon Young and they just beat up random people on the street and call them racially insensitive slurs).

you've got some deep seeded hatred issues for Tigers players

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
Mike Trout should win, and he should have won last year.  Too bad the Angels are weak as fuck.  He can blame Pooholes, and Drunkington for ruining his chances.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
Mike Trout should win, and he should have won last year.  Too bad the Angels are weak as fuck.  He can blame Pooholes, and Drunkington for ruining his chances.

win based on what?

cabrera hits more homers, RBI, has a better batting average, on base percentage and a far better slugging %

miggy plays 3rd base...not well but a-rod is the only person to play 3rd to put up a full season as good as Miggy this year, EVER.  mike schmidt's best year was during a strike and only played 110 games.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »

win based on what?

cabrera hits more homers, RBI, has a better batting average, on base percentage and a far better slugging %

miggy plays 3rd base...not well but a-rod is the only person to play 3rd to put up a full season as good as Miggy this year, EVER.  mike schmidt's best year was during a strike and only played 110 games.

RBI is a bullshit stat, and Trout has more hits, more doubles, triples, and stolen bases.  They are very close in obp, and not that far off in average.  Trout plays exceptional defense in a premier position as well.  His defense saves enough runs that overall he is a much more complete player.  Migg should be a DH at this point.  He may be a better hitter, but he is not the better player.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 05:52:12 PM »
their OPS's are not close and RBI is not a bullshit stat considering Cabrera destroys everybody else in the entire MLB in that category too.

MistaNova

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »
their OPS's are not close and RBI is not a bullshit stat considering Cabrera destroys everybody else in the entire MLB in that category too.

False.
Consider how completely different the two lineups are and different methods the pitchers use to pitch to these two. With Trout and the shitty Angels he's got no line-up protection and rarely ever has anyone on base before him to drive in. With Cabrera and the Tigers he has line-up protection with Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez hitting behind him and guys like Torii Hunter and Austin Jackson are frequently on base before he comes up to the plate.
Try and imagine how much better Trout's RBI stat would be if he played on a team with a stacked lineup like the Cardinals, Pirates or Reds.
And if you still aren't convinced, look at the Reds. Brandon Phillips has the most RBIs on that team yet it's clear that Joey Votto is the best hitter on that team.

That said, the way Cabrera makes up for his terrible defense with his bat is amazing. But Trout doesn't have to make up for terrible defense because he's not a shitty ass defender. When you compare the complete package (offense, defense and everything else) they're pretty equal. With Trout getting a slight edge due to his age.

And yes I have a deep hatred for Tigers players. But only when they're Tigers players wearing that awful uniform. I didn't mind Cabrera when he was a Marlin, I didn't mind Fielder when he was a Brewer, I didn't mind Scherzer when he was a Diamondback, I didn't mind Jackson when he was a Yankee, I loved Hunter when he was a Twin and on the other side of it I didn't mind Boesch when he became a Yankee, I loved Granderson when he became a Yankee and I didn't mind Turner when he became a Marlin. But when you play for that team and wear that uniform you're a terrible person (IMO).