Author Topic: How come Busta Rhymes never put together a classic album?  (Read 883 times)

Theological

• Lil Geezy
Re: How come Busta Rhymes never put together a classic album?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
I think Busta Rhymes album The Coming is pretty close to a classic.....but Busta had massive singles that always overshadowed his albums back in the day...I haven't kept up on his newer stuff but he's held his own in the rap game I see no reason to hate on him......

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 01:39:36 PM »
Could be like with Bob Marley, he got heat all over his albums, havent check all, but im not sure there is a one completly classic album. But Legend (greatest hits) smashes everything. Somebody should put out Busta's greatest hits one day.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 01:40:57 PM »
who do you think is wealthier of the two rappers? who do you think is still cashing royalty checks off the classic singles being used constantly in the media?

dont get me wrong if i was on an island and i could only listen to one rappers catalog it would probably be nas (someone make that thread)

im just drawing parrellels of rappers who didnt quite live up to expectations...if it were up to me id like to see a rapper of nas integrity in jayz position. i think the rap game would be in a better place for it.

NAS IS JUST A LOWKEY SORTA DUDE... NOT ALWAYS PUTTIN HIMSELF OUT IN THE FOREFRONT, SOFT-SPOKEN, LAID BACK, ETC.

WHILE BUSTA AND JAY-Z TURNED THEMSELVES INTO BRANDS AND MADE AS MUCH NOISE AS POSSIBLE, NAS JUST REMAINED AN EMCEE.....TO SAY HE HASNT LIVED UP TO EXPECTATIONS IS WRONG, THO. THE NAME NAS WAS NEVER EXPECTED TO TURN INTO A MARKETING PLOY...HE MAKES GOOD MUSIC AND THATS IT.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »
ur crazy dude this guy wears read patent leather suits and long furs and shit. but he has a lot of inspirational and motivaltional shit, you dont think he would or SHOULD want to be the face of rap in general? he now has to go against his morals and have his shows sponsored by liquor companies and beer brands something he chastised rakim for earlier.

he had a history of bad buisness dealings that began with mc serch owning some of nas publishing then falling in and out with steve stout etc. his mothers death, controversey and other shit have always stalled his career out at one point right before stillmatic he WAS THE RAPPER TO HATE.

like almost on some totally fell off over exposed mc hammer shit

nas albums that got shitted on critically

it was written: sold out, pop friendly

i am: weak compared to the version that leaked to the streets that would later become "the lost tapes" the bootleg was already in the streets when it came out it was a totally diff album although i still enjoyed it

nastradamus: dont get me started even though i love the shit he has w dame grease on there

gods son: personally i like this album about as much as nastrudamus so im the only one kind of panning this album i recall this getting high praise in magazines

hip hop is dead: a lil too ambitious at times. those stupid fucking voices on that one song.

nigger: i love this album critics gave it mixed reviews...got a lot of flack for doing the song to the will smith movie.

everything past thats been all love though...

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 02:22:59 PM »
And of the 6 albums u listed 3 of em are great and 2 are dope... That's how legendary nas is. His worst shit would be most rappers best

And yea he had a phase of tryna b flashy, but that's not currently his overall image.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:38:11 PM by NIKCC »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
if ur saying whose a better artist id say nas if your asking whose had a more fruitful career id say busta rhymes but i appreciate both rappers music but not new busta rhymes...i like him on cash money about as much as i liked nas on murder inc.

i didnt.

sorry i had to bring the murder inc thing up lol

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
i remember "hate me now" being all over MTV...wasn't that the video with the crucified nas in it that got Steve Stout beat down?

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 04:15:45 PM »
That's how legendary nas is. His worst shit would be most rappers best

Yes' sir

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 08:58:18 PM »
And of the 6 albums u listed 3 of em are great and 2 are dope... That's how legendary nas is. His worst shit would be most rappers best

Boom!

I personally think Nigger could've been his best album. The song with Game and Chris Brown was misplaced, and some of the songs were too short (especially Louis Farrakhan - he was killing it too). But other than that, the concept and message was incredible.

Illmatic
Life is Good
Nigger
The Lost Tapes
Stillmatic

^ "muthafucka can you buy that"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »
you think Life Is Good is better than I am and It WAs Written???!?!@??!?!@?!@?!@?!@?!@?!@????!?@?!?@

:eh: x 100000000

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2013, 10:43:49 PM »
you think Life Is Good is better than I am and It WAs Written???!?!@??!?!@?!@?!@?!@?!@?!@????!?@?!?@

I'd say it's better than I Am but definitely not It Was Written lol

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
lol it was written isnt even that good it does have some really good joints but its got some duds too...i never liked street dreams...i viewed it as unnecessary when all eyez on me was a superior song released in the same year. if i ruled the world is still one of those songs that got played so much i got sick of it...there was a version of that song going around on a doo wop tape that didnt have lauren hill on it it just had nas doing his ad libs i liked it more.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 09:59:31 AM »

Yes I do.

Loco-Motive, Roses, Nasty, A Queens Story, Stay, Back When, You Wouldn't Understand, Reach Out. The album is fuckin incredible. It's been out over a year and I still play it probably once a week.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2013, 10:23:03 AM »
lol it was written isnt even that good it does have some really good joints but its got some duds too...i never liked street dreams...i viewed it as unnecessary when all eyez on me was a superior song released in the same year. if i ruled the world is still one of those songs that got played so much i got sick of it...there was a version of that song going around on a doo wop tape that didnt have lauren hill on it it just had nas doing his ad libs i liked it more.

"it was written" isnt that good? lol...come on, p. maybe u dont like it personally, but u gotta respect it as a great album... shit is like nas's "doggfather"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 10:29:18 AM »
thats a great comparison because both of those artists lost their direction in there sophomore projects.

not bad albums by any means but way below the standards they set for themselves on the debut.

illmatic was 5 mics theres no way it was written deserves any more then 2.5 or a weak 3...it was over excessive shiny suit jiggy rap save for those few hard tracks on side 2.

the dre song sucks...i am (OG) > it was written

the firm sucked too outside of phone tap.