Author Topic: My Brothers Wedding is this week... what is it with American culture?  (Read 909 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
ya'll seen the show Bridezillaz?   Yo.. what is it wit american culture, yo?  Like everyone stressing out over weddings and shit, and drama and everything else.   And a bill of 100,000 dollars at the end of the day.

What the fuck?

And then Bachelor parties and non-stop drinking?  Familes, in-laws... man... I don't fit in with all diss  

...if ya'll only knew the month I have had.   I hope one day my life is more in harmony with the kind of person I am.  Believe me, I am trying... I really ain't fittin in with all the stuff that's been goin on this month, not just with my brothers wedding, but a lot of stuff

...I have a homie from Africa that lives in New York, and I was visiting with him and his wife around the time of their marriage.  Basically his marriage with her was a small gathering and him and his homies gathered around, blazed trees and listened to music and chatted nicely and they did the marriage rites with the girl and some of her family was there I suppose.  Now that's a wedding scenario I am more likely to understand.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:51:22 PM by Infinite »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MUHFUKKA

Re: My Brothers Wedding is this week... what is it with American culture?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:13:15 AM »
ya'll seen the show Bridezillaz?   Yo.. what is it wit american culture, yo?  Like everyone stressing out over weddings and shit, and drama and everything else.   And a bill of 100,000 dollars at the end of the day.

What the fuck?

And then Bachelor parties and non-stop drinking?  Familes, in-laws... man... I don't fit in with all diss  

...if ya'll only knew the month I have had.   I hope one day my life is more in harmony with the kind of person I am.  Believe me, I am trying... I really ain't fittin in with all the stuff that's been goin on this month, not just with my brothers wedding, but a lot of stuff

...I have a homie from Africa that lives in New York, and I was visiting with him and his wife around the time of their marriage.  Basically his marriage with her was a small gathering and him and his homies gathered around, blazed trees and listened to music and chatted nicely and they did the marriage rites with the girl and some of her family was there I suppose.  Now that's a wedding scenario I am more likely to understand.  
all the weddings and bechelor parties ive been to have been fun, but then again im not from a rich ass midwestern republican white bread family like you

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

V2DHeart

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 01:23:39 AM »
I've never understood the big overly priced extravaganza that certifies the legitimacy of a wedding, like if it isn't large, grand, and costing 6 figures then it isn't much of a wedding in the eyes of most, and is only strengthened by the media, celebrity and reality shows that promote it all.

Marriage in itself is utterly BS. It's been hijacked for almost a century now and to be honest isn't worth anything. It is used by the establishment to pair up individuals and enable them to target 2 people as 1. They use the modern privileges of a mutual aid society as a 'punishment' to both people should one ever disobey. Grouping people together is favourable for them. Me, I'm quite happy having a get-together with family and friends, pay an actor to say a good few words and just have a good night. None of this signing things and 'registering' anything.

Register = transfer (in the legal world) and registering a marriage means the state "own" that marriage and have final say on any disputes between the 2 people, much like kids too if you "register" them too (transfer ownership) to the state then they too become state property and have final say on what happens.

Tip for anyone thinking about it? Don't. Getting married has no benefits, and right now we're living in an age where being married the more you "register" to the state, then the less able you are to escape its clutches when it's at it's worse, which right now it is and it shows no signs of slowing
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 04:06:46 AM »
I don't know if it is limited only 2 American culture though.

Today all over the world people are effected by materialism.
People have 2 show off how much they got, in order 2 impress upon people that they are "succesful."

How is succes measured in their eyes, exactly, by wealth.

A man who is humble and quite sits in a corner, can be the most wise man. But no one would even bother kicking an conversation with him.

But we look at the loud mouth who comes driving in an expensive car.

Even in muslim culture you see that:
I knew some guy who spend like 40 thousand dollar on his wedding. Try 2 please his fiancee by giving her the wedding she dreamed of.
Ofcourse he was a young cat and lend the money from the bank.

Within  two months they were divorced, he is still paying for that wedding.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:57:01 AM by Aladin »

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 08:02:46 AM »
It's a joke. The vast vast majority of women in the US are extremely deluded.

Just take an engagement ring for example. A buddy of mine dropped 12 G's on one, LMAO. Women have been brainwashed to believe that throwing all of your money on one is what must be done, it's what everybody does.

The diamond ring thing has only been popularized since about the 1940's and that was due to heavy brainwashing and advertising by DeBeers and other blood diamond outlets. Diamonds are hoarded by them, and truth be told of they let out the supply they have, a nice diamond would cost about the same as a dozen roses.

I broke up with a girl last year cuz she was so materialistic. She was engaged to this guy but they broke it off. One thing that stuck out was her comment about how he dropped $20,000 (no shit) on an engagement ring and he had no more money in his bank account, and she thought he was a loser because of that. So he drops every penny he has for this stupid ass ring, gives it to her, then she kicked him to the curb. Poor bastard.

The whole wedding thing is a farce. Take your money and put a down payment on a house, much better investment.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
MARRIED 2 THE GAME

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
I've never understood the big overly priced extravaganza that certifies the legitimacy of a wedding, like if it isn't large, grand, and costing 6 figures then it isn't much of a wedding in the eyes of most, and is only strengthened by the media, celebrity and reality shows that promote it all.

Marriage in itself is utterly BS. It's been hijacked for almost a century now and to be honest isn't worth anything. It is used by the establishment to pair up individuals and enable them to target 2 people as 1. They use the modern privileges of a mutual aid society as a 'punishment' to both people should one ever disobey. Grouping people together is favourable for them. Me, I'm quite happy having a get-together with family and friends, pay an actor to say a good few words and just have a good night. None of this signing things and 'registering' anything.

Register = transfer (in the legal world) and registering a marriage means the state "own" that marriage and have final say on any disputes between the 2 people, much like kids too if you "register" them too (transfer ownership) to the state then they too become state property and have final say on what happens.

Tip for anyone thinking about it? Don't. Getting married has no benefits, and right now we're living in an age where being married the more you "register" to the state, then the less able you are to escape its clutches when it's at it's worse, which right now it is and it shows no signs of slowing

Real spit.  I mean... one really has to ask themselves a simple question.. What business is it of the government when two people get married?  Why should the government have any involvement in the marriage or divorce of two individuals? 

It makes absolutely no sense and has no benefits, like you said.  See, back in the days the Church used to be the government.  People wanted their marriages sanctioned by God, so naturally the Church and government were involved.  The funny thing is that now, society in America is not even religious and people have weddings without the least thought of religion and God yet still find it necessary to register and sign their marriage over to the government.  LOL
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »
I don't know if it is limited only 2 American culture though.

Today all over the world people are effected by materialism.
People have 2 show off how much they got, in order 2 impress upon people that they are "succesful."

How is succes measured in their eyes, exactly, by wealth.

A man who is humble and quite sits in a corner, can be the most wise man. But no one would even bother kicking an conversation with him.

But we look at the loud mouth who comes driving in an expensive car.

Even in muslim culture you see that:
I knew some guy who spend like 40 thousand dollar on his wedding. Try 2 please his fiancee by giving her the wedding she dreamed of.
Ofcourse he was a young cat and lend the money from the bank.

Within  two months they were divorced, he is still paying for that wedding.

That's a whole different subject.  America has it's own distinct culture when it comes to marriage that is different from other countries/cultures.  You are lumping them all together simply because of money, but it is more than just money.

For example, statistics can prove that American families are not as close as families in many other countries.  Many Americans only see their family members on holidays and sometimes not even that much.  That's much different from being in Africa and a whole family of like 20 people actually live together in the same compound.  So when you suddenly try to bring a family together (of individuals who have now grown far apart from each other) for a big wedding production it can make for a lot undesirable and unforeseen outcomes.

Also, the concept of bachelor parties, wedding rehearsals, wedding registry and the like do not take place in all countries and cultures.

...So my point is that America does have it's own distinct culture when it comes to marriage, and I'm not down with it.  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:00:36 AM by Infinite »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
It's a joke. The vast vast majority of women in the US are extremely deluded.

Just take an engagement ring for example. A buddy of mine dropped 12 G's on one, LMAO. Women have been brainwashed to believe that throwing all of your money on one is what must be done, it's what everybody does.

The diamond ring thing has only been popularized since about the 1940's and that was due to heavy brainwashing and advertising by DeBeers and other blood diamond outlets. Diamonds are hoarded by them, and truth be told of they let out the supply they have, a nice diamond would cost about the same as a dozen roses.

I broke up with a girl last year cuz she was so materialistic. She was engaged to this guy but they broke it off. One thing that stuck out was her comment about how he dropped $20,000 (no shit) on an engagement ring and he had no more money in his bank account, and she thought he was a loser because of that. So he drops every penny he has for this stupid ass ring, gives it to her, then she kicked him to the curb. Poor bastard.

The whole wedding thing is a farce. Take your money and put a down payment on a house, much better investment.

real spit

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 12:17:22 AM »

That's a whole different subject.  America has it's own distinct culture when it comes to marriage that is different from other countries/cultures.  You are lumping them all together simply because of money, but it is more than just money.

For example, statistics can prove that American families are not as close as families in many other countries.  Many Americans only see their family members on holidays and sometimes not even that much.  That's much different from being in Africa and a whole family of like 20 people actually live together in the same compound.  So when you suddenly try to bring a family together (of individuals who have now grown far apart from each other) for a big wedding production it can make for a lot undesirable and unforeseen outcomes.

Also, the concept of bachelor parties, wedding rehearsals, wedding registry and the like do not take place in all countries and cultures.

...So my point is that America does have it's own distinct culture when it comes to marriage, and I'm not down with it.  

The shape and form may be different.
But if you go 2 the big cities even in africa, you will find the same story.
believe me, I know some.
The reason that you see it more in the U.S. is because of their acces 2 credit.

Unfortunately the world is a big village now. Where people live, eat, dress and act more or less the same. They all have facebook, twitter, mobile/smartphone. And listen 2 lady Ga Ga.

The remote villages are the only places which are more or less saved from these influences.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
Brian stays hating on America and professing the values of an African lifestyle (even though he only has a snapshot of a small section of them), yet continues living here in the United States.

Brian if you're really about that life you need to make the move. Even a low skilled worker like you can offer something in a place like Kenya.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 11:17:21 PM »
Just don't go, Infinite. If that's really how you feel and you'll end up miserable going, just don't show up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE