Author Topic: Doc Rivers: "Lakers are the best franchise in the history of sports"  (Read 3503 times)

Sccit

Re: Doc Rivers: "Lakers are the best franchise in the history of sports"
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »

lol do u realize ur using the exact same arguments I used against u for the laker-Celtic debate against me now?

That was the point. You're spinning, so I spun along with you.

NOT SPINNING ANYTHING...IM STATING FACTS. LEARN THE DIFFERENCE.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »
If you want more current names, which might be known more internationally,

Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Roger Clemens. Though some maybe cheats, they are known internationally.

Still nowhere close to as known as magic Johnson internationally

HA!

Oh, and you downplay Asia. Asia makes up for over 1/3 of the world's population. If a country plays Cricket (India with over 1.3 billion people) then they know American baseball. Trust me, I have lot of students who know about the Yankees over Lakers.

Plus, based off viewership, baseball is over basketball. This is global viewership.

http://www.clicktop10.com/2013/03/top-10-most-popular-sports-in-the-world/

FAIR ENOUGH...THEM ASIANS REALLY ARE POWER IN NUMBERS. BUT EVERY CONTINENT FUX WIT BASKETBALL, WHILE SOME DONT EVEN HAVE A CLUE WHAT BASEBALL IS. I'M PRETTY SURE BASKETBALL IS TAKING OVER OR IS AT LEAST CLOSE TO TAKING OVER AS THE 2ND MOST POPULAR SPORT WORLDWIDE.

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »
Michael Jordan > Magic and Bryant put together

magic+kobe are both better than larry bird, and even better than ur idol, charles barkley.. so in essence, u shittin on ur dudes

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
most titles in NBA history since 1949:

1-Celtics 17
2-Lakers 16
3-Bulls 6
4-Spurs 4
5a-Heat 3
5b-Pistons 3

meanwhile, let's check baseball's World Series going back to 1903 (minus a few years with no WS from strikes):

1-Yankees 27
2-Cardinals 11
3-Athletics 9
4a-Red Sox 7
4b-Giants 7
5-Dodgers 6

Who looks more dominant, the Lakers or Yankees?  Pretty easy if you ask me.  Funny how we're arguing a team with more than twice as many titles as the nearest team compared to a team with less titles than the best team in it's own sport.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 08:08:39 PM »
and Larry Bird stays shitting on Magic and Kobe. 

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2013, 08:10:22 PM »
and Larry Bird stays shitting on Magic and Kobe. 

magic shittin on bird dates back to college, cuzz

in fact, magic shittin on bird is what shifted the tide in the laker-celtic rivalry

get mad.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »

1-Celtics 17
2-Lakers 16
3-Bulls 6
4-Spurs 4
5a-Heat 3
5b-Pistons 3

meanwhile, let's check baseball's World Series going back to 1903 (minus a few years with no WS from strikes):

1-Yankees 27
2-Cardinals 11
3-Athletics 9
4a-Red Sox 7
4b-Giants 7
5-Dodgers 6

Who looks more dominant, the Lakers or Yankees?  Pretty easy if you ask me.  Funny how we're arguing a team with more than twice as many titles as the nearest team compared to a team with less titles than the best team in it's own sport.

notice how NIK ignores this

and Bird is better than Magic...just ask Lebron.

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »

1-Celtics 17
2-Lakers 16
3-Bulls 6
4-Spurs 4
5a-Heat 3
5b-Pistons 3

1-Yankees 27
2-Cardinals 11
3-Athletics 9
4a-Red Sox 7
4b-Giants 7
5-Dodgers 6

why since 1949? the league was already around for years before that...convenience? and why 1903 for the yankees? theyve been around since 1901. u just pullin up whatever helps ur argument?

and remember, we're arguing better franchises...laker franchise has 17 titles, no matter how u try spinnin it. 1 nbl title, 1 baa title, and 15 nba titles.........the only franchise that has won titles in 3 different leagues. unfucwitable.

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »

u need 2 calm down with ur dubcc anxiety, hack...i was replyin 2 each post individually, as always.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »
If you want more current names, which might be known more internationally,

Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Roger Clemens. Though some maybe cheats, they are known internationally.

Still nowhere close to as known as magic Johnson internationally

HA!

Oh, and you downplay Asia. Asia makes up for over 1/3 of the world's population. If a country plays Cricket (India with over 1.3 billion people) then they know American baseball. Trust me, I have lot of students who know about the Yankees over Lakers.

Plus, based off viewership, baseball is over basketball. This is global viewership.

http://www.clicktop10.com/2013/03/top-10-most-popular-sports-in-the-world/

FAIR ENOUGH...THEM ASIANS REALLY ARE POWER IN NUMBERS. BUT EVERY CONTINENT FUX WIT BASKETBALL, WHILE SOME DONT EVEN HAVE A CLUE WHAT BASEBALL IS. I'M PRETTY SURE BASKETBALL IS TAKING OVER OR IS AT LEAST CLOSE TO TAKING OVER AS THE 2ND MOST POPULAR SPORT WORLDWIDE.

To be fair, basketball will pass baseball in our lifetimes in the United States and globally. But right now baseball is more popular than basketball, Yankees have more titles than the Lakers, Babe Ruth is a larger cultural icon than Magic Johnson and Kobe is a bigger star than Jeter...  :o Yep, it can all change in the future, but right now Jay's Yankee cap is bigger than Snoop's Laker gear.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:22 PM »
the Yankees were not the Yankees in 1901, do your research you silly Lakers homer.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »

u need 2 calm down with ur dubcc anxiety, hack...i was replyin 2 each post individually, as always.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1950.html

first recognied "NBA" season.  quit making stuff up, you ain't from Dayton.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »
and the Celtics never had to move, major points there

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1950.html

first recognied "NBA" season.  quit making stuff up, you ain't from Dayton.

they just changed the name, genius lmao...click previous season. theres a reason the 50 year anniversary was in 1996 :stupid:

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 08:27:10 PM »
and the Celtics never had to move, major points there

but yankees did...daymn, guess if we using retard points, yankees stand no chance.

good thing we only usin logic points, tho