Author Topic: sorry bout the downtime.. all fixed now!  (Read 2765 times)

Don Seer

sorry bout the downtime.. all fixed now!
« on: October 11, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

as the subject says.. all fixed..

8)

EFFeX

Re: sorry bout the downtime.. all fixed now!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
I'm just happy to see you guys got it figured out, I feared it was the end! lol

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 03:59:16 PM »
i did for a moment.. even had to use up the yearly call to Rud :)

basically dubcc currently runs on a 10 gig VPS.. I had a couple small sites on there with no much on and also a the site for a friends shop.
the server filled up somehow and even when i moved all the other sites to a new host i couldnt repair the database on the server like i've done in the past.

the database "messages" bit along is 2.15GB .. i managed to free about 1.5 gig.. but you need to match the size of the database to run a repair..

tues + weds night i was frantically trying to free space... i couldn't do anything last night.
this morning before work i downloaded it to my pc, used a thing called "WAMP" tonight to fix it, and upload it again (thank god for fibre!)

downsides: i still kinda have the same job i've had since '86 but  i can't do "dubcc" during work hours any more as we've moved to an open office, i can't post or fix anything during work hours like i used to

upsides: just over a year ago i moved to another town about 20 miles away from where i grew up and where i work (i live 1 mile from the sea now) got my own house with my g/f and i converted the garage. i've got a sanctuary. big tv/surround/computer/xbox/guitars.

long and short of it.. there are good some improvements to dubcc coming fairly soon but it won't be down for so long again.

btw ya'll know i dont check the site often.. i never got a single email about it? rud sent me a message and he said it had been down 3 days when he found out!

EFFeX

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »
I hear you, I understand other obligations come first sometimes.

It's a big undertaking, but you guys should try to upgrade the SMF in the future. Could solve some potential issues before they happen.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »
wrong section, seer ;)

lol good shit, though...had cats hittin me up, askin me when it's comin back, like i had a godamn clue. u should be more active, if u even fux wit rap anymore.

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 07:35:26 AM »
thanks for the info, was wondering what happened with the forum
there should be a news on the main site, something like "We're working on the problem", next time

aerroc

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 10:47:42 AM »
ooh shit where else can eazy e dr dre and other 90s washed up rappers can be relevant

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
ooh shit where else can eazy e dr dre and other 90s washed up rappers can be relevant

True nuff. I googled some things to see if some of the recent stuff (like Loc'z & Dogg'z mixtape) are being discussed elsewhere. Seems only a couple French sites and 2Pac forums lol

aerroc

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 11:38:41 AM »

True nuff. I googled some things to see if some of the recent stuff (like Loc'z & Dogg'z mixtape) are being discussed elsewhere. Seems only a couple French sites and 2Pac forums lol

its just sad the west is back there's some good talent out in the west now and people only care bout washed up 90s rappers
BTW how the fuck u managed to get yt and sound cloud to work on this washed up forum lol i can never  figure it out  :D

Will_B

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »

its just sad the west is back there's some good talent out in the west now and people only care bout washed up 90s rappers
BTW how the fuck u managed to get yt and sound cloud to work on this washed up forum lol i can never  figure it out  :D

This is the MUTHAFUCCIN HUB of washed up rappers. But hell, where else can we read about them?

James Brown never stopped having a fanbase, years after he washed up btw (I know you know that tho) 8) 8)

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »
REAL SPIT BOUT HAVIN UPDATES ON DUBCNN

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »
yall need new blood on the staff

i put that on crip.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
thanks for the info, was wondering what happened with the forum
there should be a news on the main site, something like "We're working on the problem", next time

Yeah, I was checking dubcnn for days wandering what was going on.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »
yall need new blood on the staff

i put that on crip.

imagine if me, you, sikotic, black male and a couple others was runnin this shit......we'd be shittin on the coli

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »
if they just put one or two new niggas as new supermods it would improve greatly. someone with enough authority to say....maybe add a you tube attachment code?

there are enough "power users" here it wouldnt be hard to find. lol shit was broke for three days before they shot seer an email....u see why no ones in a hurry to do anything with this place?

if the community dont give a shit then why should the staff?