Author Topic: The Pork Discussion Thread  (Read 5746 times)

Heinz

Re: The Pork Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 05:33:08 AM »
i fired shots? i did  ???

but what dosent cause cancer mate? seriously, tell me? everything causes cancer. You probably smoke...

EDIT: lol and why would i be upset that you are missing out? i dont give a fuck mate. I dont smoke and almost all food is bad for you, even healthy stuff is bad for you these days so...

Stop squealing and stay on topic.

Fraxxx

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 06:58:25 AM »

Fraxx: On the subject of phallic foodstuff, have a pickle:

LMAO Okay, THAT leaves little room for interpretation!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 07:34:23 AM »
Wow so you guys have never enjoyed bacon and eggs for breakfast? never had pork ribs on the BBQ? never had yummy pork chops? never had yummy pork the way the Asians cook it with the crispy skin?, never had roast pork with roasted vegies and gravy!? oh man that shit is so good, pork crackly is so good too!, never had a burger with bacon on it??? man that shit is good, never had pork on the spit??? man you guys are missing out.

No I honestly never have had Pork.
Nor do I feel the urge 2 eat it.

That is probably due to the fact that I was disgusted with the Animal from early on.
I remember my father used 2 buy a sheep from a local farmer for Korban (Animal 2 sacrifice) when th muslim holiday would arrive.
We sacrfice that sheep like Prophet Abraham (May God be pleased with him) sacrifced the animal that replaced his son.
My father brought me always along as a young kid, because I was the oldest.
The Farmer a nice guy we would pay for the sheep and he would let us use his land where my Father would slaughter the animal according 2 our tradition.
As a kid it was an amazing experience for me.

My father would also prepare the sheep after it was slaughtered.
When My father removed the intestines we did not use.
He got rid of it by throwing it next 2 a field.

When He threw it there. A pig came running and start eating the intestines.
I was disgusted by that.
That picture never left my brain and till this day whenever I take my childeren 2 an animal farm. I always skip the pigs, somehow they disgust me.
No disrespect intented for the ones who eat it. It tell you just my point of view.

Heinz

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 09:27:57 AM »
Wow so you guys have never enjoyed bacon and eggs for breakfast? never had pork ribs on the BBQ? never had yummy pork chops? never had yummy pork the way the Asians cook it with the crispy skin?, never had roast pork with roasted vegies and gravy!? oh man that shit is so good, pork crackly is so good too!, never had a burger with bacon on it??? man that shit is good, never had pork on the spit??? man you guys are missing out.

That is probably due to the fact that I was disgusted with the Animal from early on.
I remember my father used 2 buy a sheep from a local farmer for Korban (Animal 2 sacrifice) when th muslim holiday would arrive.
We sacrfice that sheep like Prophet Abraham (May God be pleased with him) sacrifced the animal that replaced his son.
The Farmer a nice guy we would pay for the sheep and he would let us use his land where my Father would slaughter the animal according 2 our tradition.

I was disgusted by that.
That picture never left my brain and till this day whenever I take my childeren 2 an animal farm. I always skip the pigs, somehow they disgust me.
No disrespect intented for the ones who eat it. It tell you just my point of view.

Where did you grow up?

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »

I was disgusted by that.

Where did you grow up?

I am what you Americans call a Euro.  :)

Matty

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
the parasite link has to be the biggest reason to stay away from pork and most flesh in general. parasites are kind of scoffed at by western medicine (only effects people in third world countries, right??) but shit is very real and widespread. like dude mentioned, many are microscopic and most present little/no symptoms until other detrimental factors line up. and even then, unlikely to ever be diagnosed, difficult to pin down. think a good percentage of people with chronic illnesses and the like.

interesting observation, had some pork ribs a few months ago (first time in a couple of years) and had intense nightmares the following night. anecdotal stuff, but interesting nonetheless. i eat fish & eggs pretty often, occasionally chicken/lamb, but our food chains are so polluted it's hard to stay clean without sticking primarily to plant based nutrition. even then it's about picking your sources carefully. so there's the need to be particularly careful with animal foods, get the best b12 bang for buck and use in moderation.

the 'you are what you eat' adage heinz mentioned is literally true and on multiple levels. it takes on a whole new depth of meaning for people who go down that rabbit hole.

my 2pence.

Good post Matty. Thanks for bringing a spiritual angle to the discussion.
Also for bringing personal experience into it and not just quotes from somewhere else.
I know that in the old days taoist monks were adviced strongly against eating pork as it effects the chi of the body negatively.
At the temples they ate a strictly vegetarian (usually self grown or locally harvested) diet combined with austere bodily discipline (martial arts) and meditation techniques they achieved internal and external health and sensitivity unheard of these days.

The Hindu's and their dietary philosophy have the three gunas:

Sattva : Purity
Rajas : Activity/Passion
Tamas : Darkness

Tamasic foods are mainly meats, in particular pork. And a tamasic person becomes defined by that which he he eats and it manifests itself physically/spiritually.
An attraction/addiction to harmful toxins like alcohol and drugs/opiates is always more prevalent with persons eating a high tamasic diet.

very interesting stuff. the taoist school of health philosophy is most interesting and something i've been studying/applying for a while now, particularly in regards to herbalism. i'm not so up on the ayurvedic system, but like so many things, the chinese are masters of getting existing understanding and adapting it, taking it to the next level. the stuff about heightened levels of sensitivity and 'myths' of people living beyond what is normally thought possible, via working with and mastering 'energy', is fascinating. we could have a whole thread to get into some that stuff is anyone is interested.

slightly more on topic - you get a huge amount of 'yang jing' or physical energy from certain animal foods, particularly a large steak. that's why i think they can be useful in our diets, if used smartly. it's also hard to maintain optimal levels of b12 through a vegan diet, though by no means impossible (soil organisms). body type is another key factor - people who are naturally more yang/fire type/strong would find it much easier to eat a vegan, high raw foods diet and be balanced. either way it's about finding energetic balance and getting the most bang for buck from what we put in our bodies, while minimizing the risks of anything detrimental getting in (parasites).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:25:04 AM by Matty »

Heinz

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »
the parasite link has to be the biggest reason to stay away from pork and most flesh in general. parasites are kind of scoffed at by western medicine (only effects people in third world countries, right??) but shit is very real and widespread. like dude mentioned, many are microscopic and most present little/no symptoms until other detrimental factors line up. and even then, unlikely to ever be diagnosed, difficult to pin down. think a good percentage of people with chronic illnesses and the like.

interesting observation, had some pork ribs a few months ago (first time in a couple of years) and had intense nightmares the following night. anecdotal stuff, but interesting nonetheless. i eat fish & eggs pretty often, occasionally chicken/lamb, but our food chains are so polluted it's hard to stay clean without sticking primarily to plant based nutrition. even then it's about picking your sources carefully. so there's the need to be particularly careful with animal foods, get the best b12 bang for buck and use in moderation.

the 'you are what you eat' adage heinz mentioned is literally true and on multiple levels. it takes on a whole new depth of meaning for people who go down that rabbit hole.

my 2pence.

Good post Matty. Thanks for bringing a spiritual angle to the discussion.
Also for bringing personal experience into it and not just quotes from somewhere else.
I know that in the old days taoist monks were adviced strongly against eating pork as it effects the chi of the body negatively.
At the temples they ate a strictly vegetarian (usually self grown or locally harvested) diet combined with austere bodily discipline (martial arts) and meditation techniques they achieved internal and external health and sensitivity unheard of these days.

The Hindu's and their dietary philosophy have the three gunas:

Sattva : Purity
Rajas : Activity/Passion
Tamas : Darkness

Tamasic foods are mainly meats, in particular pork. And a tamasic person becomes defined by that which he he eats and it manifests itself physically/spiritually.
An attraction/addiction to harmful toxins like alcohol and drugs/opiates is always more prevalent with persons eating a high tamasic diet.

very interesting stuff. the taoist school of health philosophy is most interesting and something i've been studying/applying for a while now, particularly in regards to herbalism. i'm not so up on the ayurvedic system, but like so many things, the chinese are masters of getting existing understanding and adapting it, taking it to the next level. the stuff about heightened levels of sensitivity and 'myths' of people living beyond what is normally thought possible, via working with and mastering 'energy', is fascinating. we could have a whole thread to get into some that stuff is anyone is interested.

slightly more on topic - you get a huge amount of 'yang jing' or physical energy from certain animal foods, particularly a large steak. that's why i think they can be useful in our diets, if used smartly. it's also hard to maintain optimal levels of b12 through a vegan diet, though by no means impossible (soil organisms). body type is another key factor - people who are naturally more yang/fire type/strong would find it much easier to eat a vegan, high raw foods diet and be balanced. either way it's about finding energetic balance and getting the most bang for buck from what we put in our bodies, while minimizing the risks of anything detrimental getting in (parasites).

The danger is to be speaking from a strictly theoretical point of view.
My training was with a chinese taoist master (R.I.P Master Ching Pong Liu) so I have more than a decade of first hand experience with the cultivation of qi.
The mind is what has to be in balance before anything fruitful can be achieved.
Most good manuals/books on the subject are in chinese and would be difficult to study without the guidance of a teacher.

For those interested in an entertaining read Ming-Dao Deng's "Chronicles of Tao: The Secret Life of a Taoist Master " is worth checking out:

http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Tao-Secret-Taoist-Master/dp/0062502190/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

and for those more intersted in the esoteric "Kung-Fu, or Tauist Medical Gymnastics" translated by John Dudgeon is a rare little gem:

http://sacred-texts.com/tao/kfu/index.htm

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 09:45:09 PM »
only pussies feat the swine.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 10:02:09 PM »
unless its on pizza in the form of peperoni i dont eat it at all  i rarely fuck with bacon either.

im not sure i could ever go without beef though...i can hook up a mean steak

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 11:21:01 PM »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:30 AM »
only pussies fear the swine.

I don't understand the logic in that statement.
If they disgust me on a personal level, does not mean I fear them.

That is like me saying why don't you eat your evening diner in the restroom instead of the dining room.
A normal answer would be: "That is disgusting"
According to your logic your a pussy for fearing eating in the restroom. ::)

This is no diss to ya, I just want 2 make it clear that the reasoning behind your statement is flawed.

aerroc

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 01:23:21 AM »
i say fuck it don't like like don't eat end of story we all must die some day

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 04:43:40 AM »
only pussies fear the swine.

I don't understand the logic in that statement.
If they disgust me on a personal level, does not mean I fear them.

That is like me saying why don't you eat your evening diner in the restroom instead of the dining room.
A normal answer would be: "That is disgusting"
According to your logic your a pussy for fearing eating in the restroom. ::)

This is no diss to ya, I just want 2 make it clear that the reasoning behind your statement is flawed.
youre a pussy if you wouldnt eat in the restroom too.

i ask you this: if you had no other food option other than pork, would you die of starvation?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 05:42:11 AM »
youre a pussy if you wouldnt eat in the restroom too.

i ask you this: if you had no other food option other than pork, would you die of starvation?

No, if we must must choose between two evils. Then we choose the lesser evil.
Which is Eating the flesh of porc.

Heinz

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 06:12:16 AM »
I like Sikotic's logic of what makes one fearless is eating ungodly crap (preferably in a toilet).
Perhaps when he wants to feel real manly he heads to a men's restroom and devours a handful of sausages.