Author Topic: Maino Threatens Trinidad James; Trinidad James Responds  (Read 627 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Maino Threatens Trinidad James; Trinidad James Responds
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 02:44:25 AM »
we won't fail !

Of course not. Not while the Beast Coast movement (and others like Action Bronson) is in effect.
However if the Beast Coast movement fails then the East will suffer setbacks and the South will continue to reign supreme. It's happened before when the West tried to regain supremacy with the Hyphy and Jerk movements which ended in failure.
we got too much dope shit for us to ever fail we got the roots, static selektah, duck down,etc.

but the generation that has to uphold the standards dont care about the foundation. you know its true.

ny sadly will probably never be dominant again in our YOUNG lives...maybe a hip hop renaissance will take place in 20 years or something (not these lil mini throwback movements like when some fag wears a dookie rope and a snapback or something) a real renaissance when the shit rappers NY rappers did will finally be appreciated in a historical context of great importance.

finally cats will realize that black thought was one of the best poets of our generation
that questlove is the equivalent of the hip hop quincy jones and disnt have to smut out white women to do it.
that LLcool J actually was the GOAT up until he started openly claiming it
that wutang is the equivalent of a NY hip hop beatles or maybe better yet rolling stones

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 06:46:54 AM »
Maino Addresses Trinidad James On His NY Rant
https://soundcloud.com/hot97ny/maino-addresses-trinidad-james

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 08:08:59 AM »
we won't fail !

Of course not. Not while the Beast Coast movement (and others like Action Bronson) is in effect.
However if the Beast Coast movement fails then the East will suffer setbacks and the South will continue to reign supreme. It's happened before when the West tried to regain supremacy with the Hyphy and Jerk movements which ended in failure.
we got too much dope shit for us to ever fail we got the roots, static selektah, duck down,etc.

but the generation that has to uphold the standards dont care about the foundation. you know its true.

ny sadly will probably never be dominant again in our YOUNG lives...maybe a hip hop renaissance will take place in 20 years or something (not these lil mini throwback movements like when some fag wears a dookie rope and a snapback or something) a real renaissance when the shit rappers NY rappers did will finally be appreciated in a historical context of great importance.

finally cats will realize that black thought was one of the best poets of our generation
that questlove is the equivalent of the hip hop quincy jones and disnt have to smut out white women to do it.
that wutang is the equivalent of a NY hip hop beatles or maybe better yet rolling stones

I agree this new generation of rappers is terrible but there will always be those diamonds in the roughs that shine through. even in the midst of music bein' in the state that it's in niggas is still droppin' heat.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »
you guys are forgetting the Necro and Kool G Rap project, that will be the best thing NY rap has produced in a good five years.

except for the Goretex cd that came out last month, of course

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
you guys are forgetting the Necro and Kool G Rap project, that will be the best thing NY rap has produced in a good five years.

ny wont support

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 10:56:58 AM »

ny wont support
don't need ny support as long as fans of both support it.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »
even the most mediocre succesful rappers have regional success.

i believe it will be awesome as fuck but will ultimately be pushed out of the way for a new future mike will made it miley cyrus collabo.

MistaNova

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 09:48:59 PM »

Wasn't the foundation for hip hop pretty much corny but fun party/dance music? If so that means the genre basically went full circle after a decade or so of rapping about "the struggle" and lying about how gangsta they were. And in that sense everyone sounds like they care about the foundation.
As for upholding the standards that's easier said than done for the new generation(s). I mean the nostalgic biases that people from the past have make it already impossible for the newer generations to match those standards because people just won't let them compete with the shit they grew up with. At this point if the newer generations tried sounding like the generations that came before them they'd be approached with a "been there, done that" attitude and dismissed as rip-offs that have nothing new to offer. If they try experimenting with something new, there's going to be old people complaining about how it's too new and too different and not what they expected and dismiss them as wack because they can't understand it.
In turn they're cornered into a small section haunted by the success the generations before them had and struggling to find a way to breakthrough.

I don't think saying how shit was so great eons ago can be considered a renaissance. It'd be a series of documentaries on PBS.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »
we won't fail !

young niggas listen to anything and accept anything as entertainment they have no standards. certain artists out today were frown upon when I was comin' up shit was so authentic. once niggas start settin' stadards and support only the dope shit and get some unity then ny can rise again. either way people can rewrite or discredit what's in the books though: that goes for the past the present and the future.

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 07:47:33 PM »
phone conversation between Maino and Trinidad James

:laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:16 PM »
Honestly, I don't get the whole "Atlanta sound" he's talking about; but I guess NY isn't exactly thriving. But Coasts/Regions/States don't really speak as a whole anymore. It's just those few in the genre that stand out.

It's Em, Kanye, Jay, Wayne, Drake & then everyone else. Kendrick isn't even on that level yet. He's on that second tier with guys like Macklemore & J.Cole, etc.

Nobody is really thriving from the South outside of Trinidad being a one hit wonder.

***Obviously strictly talking success***

Troy Ave just dropped a heater. Guys like BadA$$, Ortiz, Bronson are cool. Then you have Fab & LOX who give you something dope once a year.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Roc Marciano

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »

Wasn't the foundation for hip hop pretty much corny but fun party/dance music? If so that means the genre basically went full circle after a decade or so of rapping about "the struggle" and lying about how gangsta they were. And in that sense everyone sounds like they care about the foundation.
As for upholding the standards that's easier said than done for the new generation(s). I mean the nostalgic biases that people from the past have make it already impossible for the newer generations to match those standards because people just won't let them compete with the shit they grew up with. At this point if the newer generations tried sounding like the generations that came before them they'd be approached with a "been there, done that" attitude and dismissed as rip-offs that have nothing new to offer. If they try experimenting with something new, there's going to be old people complaining about how it's too new and too different and not what they expected and dismiss them as wack because they can't understand it.
In turn they're cornered into a small section haunted by the success the generations before them had and struggling to find a way to breakthrough.

I don't think saying how shit was so great eons ago can be considered a renaissance. It'd be a series of documentaries on PBS.

if thats the case then punk rock and funk could be minimized to an hour long special as well as far as what was corny back then i guess its a matter of taste...i grew up with rap so as the sound evolved so did the taste but, dont think niggas wasnt doing the bboy stance or selling vials in the 80s and planet rock by africa bambatta or white lines by GMF wasnt playing in the background. the struggles always been there the music is just the soundtrack.

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 10:38:42 AM »
LMAO

RAPPER TRINIDAD JAMES ROBBED AT GUNPOINT IN NYC FORCED TO SAY “N*GGA, N*GGA, N*GGA”…

READ DETAILS>> http://creambmp.com/articles/rapper-trinidad-james-robbed-gunpoint/
http://creambmp.com/articles/rapper-trinidad-james-robbed-gunpoint/