Author Topic: Biggie's "Long Kiss Goodnight" and the Tupac Controversy  (Read 1790 times)

hrsmn_london

Re: Biggie's "Long Kiss Goodnight" and the Tupac Controversy
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 11:25:55 AM »
Puffy says that Big would have mentioned 2Pac's name if he wanted to diss him but Big mentions at the end of the song (Long Kiss OG) that he didn't want to mention names... I forget the reason - I only just heard the track for the first time this afternoon.

I do believe one part Puffy said, though, and that is that the song is a just lyrics rather than a direct diss. Big had probably written a gang of stuff over a long period.

One interesting thing is that RZA mentions Cappadonna talking "a lot of shit. Cappadonna was on the Raekwon skit where Raekwon is dissing Big for copying Nas' album cover. I cannot hear what Cappadonna says on the track, though, as it's not clear.

I think the track features some nice lyrics and I don't think a name has to be mentioned for the track to be a diss record.

I do think that Big wanted to diss a lot of people on both coasts to show his superiority, as did 2Pac, and now they're both deceased... In truth, the whole thing started when 2Pac spoke bad about a mob boss (Haitian Jack?) in a NY newspaper.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:30:39 AM by hrsmn_london »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
bottom line is biggie didn't have the guts to do it until after Pac was gone. 

Chino did a radio freestyle on some small college station right after hit em up came out and ripped pac up pretty bad.  i got the mp3 but chino reports it when people put it on youtube lol

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »
But to kind of reiterate what I said in an earlier post whether he was directly talking funny about Pac or just coincidentally putting out a record talking about nobody directly, he should have learned from the "Who Shot Ya" drama that there can be consequences. I've never really felt like "Long Kiss Goodnight" was crossing a line but going to LA and doing those verses on the radio. Even if Biggie didn't know better, someone around them should have. And it's not even just strictly a Biggie thing.  I think the situation with the "New York, New York" video straddles a similar line.  As an artist, you can always make it the point to not give a fuck but it's good to be weary that what happens can bring consequences.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
And it's not even just strictly a Biggie thing.  I think the situation with the "New York, New York" video straddles a similar line.  As an artist, you can always make it the point to not give a fuck but it's good to be weary that what happens can bring consequences.

See, this is a matter of perspective. Tha Dogg Pound until this day, say that 'New York, New York' was done out of respect for the East Coast. It was Biggie who went on the radio and said that 2Pac + Tha Dogg Pound are filming in Times Square and what was anyone gonna do about it (although no audio of Biggie on the radio has ever came out).
It was only after Tha Dogg Pound + Snoop were shot at did it become a diss, again, because Bad Boy handled the situation wrong.
Biggie was absolutely no saint, NEVER once did he ever stand up as a man (let alone a friend of 2Pac) and handle the situation.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »
I'm not calling Biggie a saint by any stretch and I am looking at it from the perspective of removing him from the equation entirely.  Doing a video where you are knocking over New York landmarks as artists from Los Angeles at a time when the heat is up is a bold move. I'm not saying it is a diss to any individuals anymore than I think Biggie was directly dissing any individuals when he went to Los Angeles. I am saying that both situations can bring about consequences.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
I assume that Snoop kicking over the buildings was a post-production thing and likely not a part of the original concept.  I have a strong feeling that if Biggie had never gone on the radio and said what he said and they didn't get shot at, that likely wouldn't have been in the video at all.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcKd3wNZops" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WcKd3wNZops</a>

Long Kiss Goodnight
(Original Version / 2Pac & Suge Kinght Diss)
(The Notorious BIG featuring Cappadonna)
(produced by : RZA)

"Biggie wrote the verse after his accident. At first we had Cappadonna doing the hook, talking a lot of shit. In the beginning, you can hear Cappadonna. Then Puff did his thing at the end. I didn't know it was going to be there but I know how they work. I wasn't in the studio when they did that. I went in a couple of weeks after he did the verse. They wanted to mix it themselves, but they didn't even know where to put things at. I had so many sounds in there. They didn't know what the fuck I was thinking about.
We had about 10 basic musical elements on that track. At the end he's talking about everybody was fucking with them at that time. He could have even been talking about me [laughs], 'cause there was some cuts at Biggie on the Cuban Linx... album."
- RZA

"That was a one-nighter. That was about 'Pac. He had some shit at the beginning of that though, nobody heard it, on the reel. We had to change it. It was a little too much. I can't remember what Big said about him, but it was terrible. It couldn't make it. He didn't want to do it. He had some fire. But he didn't want to make it too much. He just wanted to address it and to let nigga know, "I know what's going on, and I could get wreck if I want to." Like, "If I really wanted to get on ya niggas, I could." - Lil Cease

The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

hrsmn_london

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »
Definitely a "one nighter" - not a great track. It sounds rushed and he doesn't stick to topic.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 11:30:22 AM »
  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lucifuge

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 04:37:42 AM »
Big shits on Pac. 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »
Biggest coward move ever. Nigga got pushed around by Pac and didn't speak up once. But Pac dies and you go record a 'haha that's what you get' song? Faggot shit. Not to mention how arrogant he was after Pac's death, coming straight to California and laughing it up on the radio. That move right there realistically cost him his life. Biggie got too big for his britches and forgot the streets were watching.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mr. Theo

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 04:19:05 AM »
Biggest coward move ever. Nigga got pushed around by Pac and didn't speak up once. But Pac dies and you go record a 'haha that's what you get' song? Faggot shit. Not to mention how arrogant he was after Pac's death, coming straight to California and laughing it up on the radio. That move right there realistically cost him his life. Biggie got too big for his britches and forgot the streets were watching.

That's right homie..Biggie and Puff daddy was cowards and faggots..

First the Quad studios shooting...clearly they were involved (Or at least knew something) coward move number 1

Then "Who Shot Ya" releasing ... bitch move number 2

Biggie went to the radio and gossip on Dogg Pound and Snoop "NY NY'' - He create the buzz, bitch move number 3 .

Bitch Move number 4: Big Jake murder in Atlanta nightclub by P Diddy bodyguard .

Bitch Move number 5: Connection w murder of Tupac

Bitch Move number 6: laughting on Radio about Pac's death..and diss a dead man ( Long Kiss Goodnight ) SUPER BITCH MOVE..

Bitch Move Final: Came to LA, after Pac's dead ... and think it was over!! DJ Quik conflicted him on the after-party, and he rushed the party fearing somenthing ( not by Quik, by others gang members)

Bitch Iz a Bitch!!

I Believe, Tree Top Pirus or Campanella Park Pirus shut the fat mouth 4ever.

And P-Diddy just was not killed because he must have made a deal after Biggie murder .

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

MOBNigga06

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 07:01:51 AM »
Big shits on Pac. 8)

Nah, he doesn't. The track is vicious, but like all of Biggie's tracks, it lacks heart. It's just a fat guy sitting there and spitting some clever rhymes. This nigga had no heart, and his tracks are shit compared to Pac's as a result, because Pac made the most soulful rap music of all time.

Biggie deserved to get merked by the bloods. I'm surprised Puffy and Suge are still alive.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 07:16:49 AM »

First the Quad studios shooting...clearly they were involved (Or at least knew something) coward move number 1

Biggie went to the radio and gossip on Dogg Pound and Snoop "NY NY'' - He create the buzz, bitch move number 3 .

Bitch Move number 4: Big Jake murder in Atlanta nightclub by P Diddy bodyguard .

Bitch Move number 6: laughting on Radio about Pac's death..and diss a dead man ( Long Kiss Goodnight ) SUPER BITCH MOVE..

Bitch Move Final: Came to LA, after Pac's dead ... and think it was over!! DJ Quik conflicted him on the after-party, and he rushed the party fearing somenthing ( not by Quik, by others gang members)

Bitch Iz a Bitch!!

And P-Diddy just was not killed because he must have made a deal after Biggie murder .

Real talk right here. Mr. Theo has got to be one of the realest posters on this forum. Probably because he's blood-affiliated, like me.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »

Bitch Iz a Bitch!!

Real talk right here. Mr. Theo has got to be one of the realest posters on this forum. Probably because he's blood-affiliated, like me.

That's right homie.. that's the truth, we only speak the truth!!

although I don't listen Biggie music.. i don't think he's the biggest responsible for this situation, I think Biggie was blindly influenced by P.Diddy. (Yes this is a hella of bitch)

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF