Author Topic: KOBE SIGNS 2 YEAR, $48.5 MILLION EXTENSION  (Read 1563 times)

Sccit

Remedy360

Re: KOBE SIGNS 2 YEAR, $48.5 MILLION EXTENSION
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »
Seems like keeping him as the highest paid player is over-the-top for a guy as old he is/considering where the rest of the team is talent-wise. Of course he'll keep making them money, but in terms of the on court product it seems like this doesn't give them nearly as much cap flexibility as they could have to bring in other stars. You know the team's cap situation better than me obviously, but if I'm a fan I'm wishing they would've settled for less.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:45:05 PM »
I had just read about this on cnnsi.com maybe 10 minutes ago.  Sure, it doesn't leave a lot of room, but at least the extension is for a slightly less amount than what he was making.  It's not a lot less, but it should give up a little more wiggle room to sign some more talent.  It gives them more to work with than if they had just given him another $30 million per year.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »
Nice show of loyalty by Kobe and the Lakers.   It's also great for the city.   We had a hall of famer, George Brett, who played his whole career in Kansas City, won an MVP, a championship, and still does a lot for the city and organization even today.  It's something you don't see often enough, especially now, but I think it's great for sports, in general.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »
Nice show of loyalty by Kobe and the Lakers.   It's also great for the city.   We had a hall of famer, George Brett, who played his whole career in Kansas City, won an MVP, a championship, and still does a lot for the city and organization even today.  It's something you don't see often enough, especially now, but I think it's great for sports, in general.

YUP...LOYALTY IS THE KEY WORD. GOOD TO SEE IN A DAY IN AGE WHERE PLAYERS ARE QUICK TO JUMP SHIP AND TURN THEIR BACKS ON THEIR TEAMS/CITY. KOBE IS OLD SCHOOL IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
Seems like keeping him as the highest paid player is over-the-top for a guy as old he is/considering where the rest of the team is talent-wise. Of course he'll keep making them money, but in terms of the on court product it seems like this doesn't give them nearly as much cap flexibility as they could have to bring in other stars. You know the team's cap situation better than me obviously, but if I'm a fan I'm wishing they would've settled for less.

KOBE IS STILL HANDS DOWN A TOP-TIER, ELITE LEVEL PLAYER... WHEN HE WENT DOWN LAST YEAR, HE WAS PLAYIN BETTER THAN ANY1 IN THE LEAGUE...

AS FAR AS CAP FLEXIBILITY, WE STILL HAVE THE CAP-SPACE TO SIGN ONE MORE MAX-CONTRACT PLAYER, HENCE WHY I SAID "MELO COMIN NEXT"...KOBE DEFINITELY DESERVES WHAT HE GOT AND WE'RE STILL GOING TO KEEP BUILDIN ON IT- WE GOOD 8)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »

Absolutely.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »

KOBE IS STILL HANDS DOWN A TOP-TIER, ELITE LEVEL PLAYER... WHEN HE WENT DOWN LAST YEAR, HE WAS PLAYIN BETTER THAN ANY1 IN THE LEAGUE...

AS FAR AS CAP FLEXIBILITY, WE STILL HAVE THE CAP-SPACE TO SIGN ONE MORE MAX-CONTRACT PLAYER, HENCE WHY I SAID "MELO COMIN NEXT"...KOBE DEFINITELY DESERVES WHAT HE GOT AND WE'RE STILL GOING TO KEEP BUILDIN ON IT- WE GOOD 8)

Hope the contract has something in it where Kobe actually has to play and that money isn't guaranteed.  Because at his age his mind may be way ahead of his body and his body won't hold up enough to avoid injury, he also may retire early.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 06:59:21 PM »
naah, cuzz, u dont know kobe

i think the contract signing is ur cue to start followin the lakeshow closer

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 07:32:42 PM »
';
Loyalty can be very counter-productive in pro sports though. With a guy like Kobe who was playing at a high level when he went down it's one thing, but "loyalty" isn't really something you can put a blanket over if you're running an organization.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »
naah, cuzz, u dont know kobe

i think the contract signing is ur cue to start followin the lakeshow closer

I'm in an out of market city.  We haven't had a team here since the Kansas City Kings and KC Jones.  It's all football here right now.  After the football season concludes then I will start checking out the NBA and by the time the playoffs roll around I should be up to speed.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 11:18:59 PM »
According to Kobe, he didn't even negotiate a contract. The Lakers made him an offer and he accepted it. It seems only prudent to wait until he actually starts playing again before even thinking about contract extensions.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 07:41:21 AM »
According to Kobe, he didn't even negotiate a contract. The Lakers made him an offer and he accepted it. It seems only prudent to wait until he actually starts playing again before even thinking about contract extensions.

No you see, Kobe laid his hands on his Achilles and it was healed by the power of Laker faith.  He was seen massaging Pau's groin however I do not hear about Pau having a groin injury.

polepositon

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
YAY!!!!!  :cheers:

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »

No you see, Kobe laid his hands on his Achilles and it was healed by the power of Laker faith.  He was seen massaging Pau's groin however I do not hear about Pau having a groin injury.

lol@dwight benched in the 4th quarter helping houston win :D

kobe with no legs>dwight faggot