Author Topic: KOBE SIGNS 2 YEAR, $48.5 MILLION EXTENSION  (Read 1561 times)

Remedy360

Re: KOBE SIGNS 2 YEAR, $48.5 MILLION EXTENSION
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2013, 11:51:06 PM »
Random thought, The NBA would be absolute insanity if there was no salary cap like the MLB.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:28 AM »
Random thought, The NBA would be absolute insanity if there was no salary cap like the MLB.

No one could compete with the Lakers. I mean the Knicks would have more money, and they'd end up signing Vince Carter and getting Pierce and Garnett for max deals. The Lakers would still spend on Kobe, and then find all these pieces to put around him and no one would be able to compete dollar for dollar.

PLANT

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 01:55:50 AM »
If you think the Lakers are getting back to the finals, you are an idiot.  This is basically a 2 year, 48.5 million dollar retirement party.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »
If you think the Lakers are getting back to the finals, you are an idiot.  This is basically a 2 year, 48.5 million dollar retirement party.

nik seems to think that two aging guys in kobe and gasol are still good enough to play 100 games and not be dead by the time they run into miami or indy

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »
Resigning Kobe was great for business not for championships.  Glad you are finally following little Buss' vision.

it's good both ways....who can we sign thats better than kobe? not re-signing kobe would be a travesty, and lmao if u think jerry buss woulda done any different

better than a 35 year old coming off surgery?

you could go after Lebron, Melo or Bosh.  you could have  amnestied Kobe and saved mad money to sign 2 max players.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »
Resigning Kobe was great for business not for championships.  Glad you are finally following little Buss' vision.

it's good both ways....who can we sign thats better than kobe? not re-signing kobe would be a travesty, and lmao if u think jerry buss woulda done any different

better than a 35 year old coming off surgery?

you could go after Lebron, Melo or Bosh.  you could have  amnestied Kobe and saved mad money to sign 2 max players.

i guess ur not payin attention......we stll have money to go after lebron, melo, or bosh.........and lmfao@the thought of signin bosh as a franchis player

ur better than this, hack

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »

are u a heat fan or a raptors fan?...i forget

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2013, 02:15:11 PM »
From what i'm hearing the Lakers have enough money for one max contract.  I'd assume this is correct since Kobe and Gasol make so much money.  Now obviously Bosh is not a max player unless the team signing him is desperate as hell but still we know Lebron is smart enough to not want to play with selfish Kobe and Carmelo playing with Kobe is pretty pointless since neither pass the ball.

Basically the Lakers will not be competing with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Clippers or Rockets the next 2 years so they might as well give Kobe a fat paycheck and start a retirement parade tour over the next few years.

eastern conference got shit on lock anyway, Miami and Indy are the 2 best teams in the league.

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
From what i'm hearing the Lakers have enough money for one max contract.  I'd assume this is correct since Kobe and Gasol make so much money.  Now obviously Bosh is not a max player unless the team signing him is desperate as hell but still we know Lebron is smart enough to not want to play with selfish Kobe and Carmelo playing with Kobe is pretty pointless since neither pass the ball.

Basically the Lakers will not be competing with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Clippers or Rockets the next 2 years so they might as well give Kobe a fat paycheck and start a retirement parade tour over the next few years.

eastern conference got shit on lock anyway, Miami and Indy are the 2 best teams in the league.

kobe doesnt pass the ball, yet he averaged 6 assists last season, more than most point guards..

im pretty sure u really watch basketball

lakers already beat warriors, clippers, rockets witout kobe lmao...came close to beating spurs, as well.

fall back

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
so according to you NIK playing a regular season november game means they'll be able to win the western conference?  lmao

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »
so according to you NIK playing a regular season november game means they'll be able to win the western conference?  lmao

just sayin, dont write us off

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
You can get the Lakers 100-1 right now to win it all. 45-1 for the Conference.

That's good value for someone who believes Kobe will come back and play out of his mind.

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2013, 11:21:14 PM »
not sayin we'll win it all, but if the odds are really on 100-1 right now, then i'd take that bet.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2013, 12:31:28 AM »
not sayin we'll win it all, but if the odds are really on 100-1 right now, then i'd take that bet.

The time/value of 100-200 dollar play from now until the playoffs comes out to less than a dollar a day.

I'd strike before Kobe comes back with a vengeance, goes on a 13 game winning streak and Vegas makes them 20-1.

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2013, 12:33:51 AM »
put me down for 20 bux, i got u back