Author Topic: White Rappers..(Skin doesn't matter)  (Read 307 times)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
White Rappers..(Skin doesn't matter)
« on: March 19, 2003, 03:51:38 PM »
IMO there are people on this board that are racist of white and whites makin moves in the Industry....Face the facts....A white boy rules the Mainstream act..And many white people are ruling the underground scene. If u take a group of white underground rappers and put them with black underground rappers... The white boys will win..You need to get the best black rappers to compare with the group of whiteboyz. I strictly see that u check out these peeps...Copywrite , Apathy , Virtuoso, Cage , Eyedea and Abilities, Evidence, Non-Phixion ETC. People say that white rappers cannot flow..Check Apathy. His shit is mad enjoyable to listen to..I think there are so many dope white rappers because white cats have to put extreme effort into there rhymes and flow to get accepted..Thats why Cash Money records can still put out garbage and be accepted because they are black.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:White Rappers..(Skin doesn't matter)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 06:14:53 PM »
Alright, I Understand why you would think tha way you do but I dont agree.

Your first statement you say we're against white guys making moves in tha Industry... but what you don't realize is that it  is mostly white guy's runnin tha industry. They choose who gets signed and what gets played... They just know theyr'e gonna make money off these black artist so they capatilize on that...

Black people started Rap Music, so ofcourse they're gonna be tha dominant ones... Maybe not as many white people get down as black but that's just tha way it is... white boys been gettin down since back in tha day though... look at Beastie Boys...

And I think you're just wrong for comparing them by black and white. You gotta look at each indivisually... I can name a handfull of black emcees that got more skillz than everybody on your list, but they aint better cuz they're black, they're just better.

On that Cash Money point you tried to make, cancel that cuz real hip hop heads dont accept Cash Money. Most dont atleast, I can't speak for anybody.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 06:20:56 PM »
And your list: Copywrite, Apathy, Virtuoso, Cage, Eyedea, Abilities, Evidence, Non Phixion...

Only people on that list I dont know is Viruoso and Abilities... tha rest are alright... I'm pretty sure Evidence is hispanic...

They're all okay... nothin too special though... still none of them can see Eminem, and there's a gang of Black Emcees that I consider alot better... what makes you think they would win??

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 06:39:30 PM »
i'm not sayin anythin' towards blacks cuz hip hop is hip hop..I just don't like when people say white shouldn't be hip hop like we are supposed to listen to rock.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 06:57:27 PM »
If whites shouldn't be in hip-hop, blacks shouldn't be in basketball...

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 02:13:57 AM »
If whites shouldn't be in hip-hop, blacks shouldn't be in basketball...

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 03:41:01 AM »
well to me it dont matter, as long as you love this shit and are good at it or jus plain put your heart into it and try n try to get your skillz str8 its all cool imo. Í mean peep the german hip hop scene, its all white mostly, half of em are good cuz its all a question of styles, most styles suck imo, some of em have done tracks wit RZA, KRS-One, Royce Da 5'9, A+, Kurupt and tons of underground artists. it dont matter really. theres even a Def Jam europe division...  fuck colors, hiphop should be colorblind.
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2003, 04:06:30 AM »
If so many people were against "whites" making moves in rap music, Eminem wouldnt be where he is. He couldnt be what he is, without support from OTHER rappers as well. As far as this board, the majority of this board is white...and speaking bad on Eminem is damn near a sin on here. So u cant say people on the board are against whites either. Yur comment about a group of white underground rappers bein better blah blah...lol thas ridiculous. Yah, there are a LOT of tight white rappers, BUT...dont let the fact that YOU are white, cloud yah judgement. If i see a black dood and a white dood about tah battle, i wouldnt just ASSUME the black dood iz better...just the same, i definetely wouldnt ASSUME the white guy is either. U never know, and besides...who fukin cares? You tryna get respect as a white MC, are goin about it the wrong way man. Understand it IS black music, u are participating in it...if u dont respect that, people wont respect u. Yur tight man, so just worry about what YOU do. Sumtimes i wonder about u tho, cus u seem tah be bitter about thiz white MC stuff...u alwayz on that shit. Dont worry about it, jus spit...if yur tight...people will recognize.

Disceptive AssAssin

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Trip BaLLS
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 06:54:14 AM »
word...

hip hop is hip hop... color dont matter... and there is alot good white rappers.. i heard that the biggest fan base for hip hop is white people...

Trippin Sizzzzzzzzack.......

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2003, 12:19:08 PM »
i'm not sayin anythin' towards blacks cuz hip hop is hip hop..I just don't like when people say white shouldn't be hip hop like we are supposed to listen to rock.

yeah i feel you....I hate that shit....i don't know how many times i heard someone say that shit

peace

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2003, 01:10:25 PM »
word...

hip hop is hip hop... color dont matter... and there is alot good white rappers.. i heard that the biggest fan base for hip hop is white people...
thats a very good point......and really, it doesnt matter who is better, or who listens to hiphop, its just the way it is...theres more black artists for a reason, prolly cuz they have more talent, more background ect ect.....look at hokey, white people are just better, and more white people play hockey than blacks......thats not racist, thats just the way it is...but that doesnt mean it wouldnt be cool for someone black to put skates on and play and be just as good as the white guy.

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2003, 02:01:25 PM »
yeh its like Brazil is jus better at soccer than the U.S for example, or Coke is better than Pepsi or vice versa. these are rough examples but its basically the same scheme.

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2003, 02:11:01 PM »
yeh its like Brazil is jus better at soccer than the U.S for example, or Coke is better than Pepsi or vice versa. these are rough examples but its basically the same scheme.

umm, im tryna figure out the Coke/Pepsi thing lol. I get wha u sayin tho man. And Pr1mo, fah real...i feel wha u sayin. But shit, its better now then it was 10 yrs ago for a white rapper to try n come into the game.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2003, 02:11:43 PM »

umm, im tryna figure out the Coke/Pepsi thing lol. I get wha u sayin tho man. And Pr1mo, fah real...i feel wha u sayin. But shit, its better now then it was 10 yrs ago for a white rapper to try n come into the game.

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2003, 02:15:47 PM »
lol which part of the "or vice versa" didnt u get? lol it was an example.  if not take coffee or tea.  ;)

WCC Hall Of Famer