Author Topic: Can someone explain the Redskins to me? Any fans here?  (Read 133 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Can someone explain the Redskins to me? Any fans here?
« on: December 14, 2013, 02:14:29 AM »
Shit is really strange out in D.C.  A few questions.

1.  Why do they suck so bad?  They were 10-6 last year and have virtually the same team, but they are freakin horrible.

2.  What the hell is up with Griffin?  I thought this dude was going to be the Michael Jordan of the NFL.  He is horrible this year.  The only answer is that the guy is hurt.  So now they want to give him some rest the last 3 weeks and he is crying about it? 

3.  What the hell is up with Shanahan?  Obviously the guy is not an idiot.  I mean he won superbowls in Denver.  But today he was quoted as saying something like, "If Cousins plays well we could get a number 1 pick out of him"?   What the hell kind of a comment is that?  Shanahan also said something like he expects to get fired?  So if you expect to get fired then why are you caring about draft picks for next season?  And what kind of a position does that put your quarterback in with the team when they know it's basically just an audition?  That whole situation is kind of bizzare.  I'm fine with the decision to bench Griffin, but something about it is odd

4.  What a stupid ass owner.  Everything I've ever heard about the owner in D.C. is this guy is running the franchise into the ground, Al Davis style.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Citizen-Y

Re: Can someone explain the Redskins to me? Any fans here?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 07:36:58 AM »
Shit is really strange out in D.C.  A few questions.

1.  Why do they suck so bad?  They were 10-6 last year and have virtually the same team, but they are freakin horrible.

2.  What the hell is up with Griffin?  I thought this dude was going to be the Michael Jordan of the NFL.  He is horrible this year.  The only answer is that the guy is hurt.  So now they want to give him some rest the last 3 weeks and he is crying about it? 

3.  What the hell is up with Shanahan?  Obviously the guy is not an idiot.  I mean he won super bowls in Denver.  But today he was quoted as saying something like, "If Cousins plays well we could get a number 1 pick out of him"?   What the hell kind of a comment is that?  Shanahan also said something like he expects to get fired?  So if you expect to get fired then why are you caring about draft picks for next season?  And what kind of a position does that put your quarterback in with the team when they know it's basically just an audition?  That whole situation is kind of bizarre.  I'm fine with the decision to bench Griffin, but something about it is odd

4.  What a stupid ass owner.  Everything I've ever heard about the owner in D.C. is this guy is running the franchise into the ground, Al Davis style.

I'm a season ticket holder so I will answer your questions sir

1.  Go back to week 10 they were 3-6.  They just lost to a terrible Panthers team and Mike Shanahan publicly quit on the team.  Somehow they started stringing together wins and their defense finally started to hold people to under 30 points a game.

2.  Robert was unable to work on his game in the off season due to his ACL/LCL surgery.  All minicamps, OTAs and training camp was lost.  Now that's a reason why he sucked for the first 8 games.  You would think that live bullets and constant practice would finally get him back to speed.  Now he had some moments but he isn't the dynamic force he was last year.  Defenses have adjusted and his passing windows are much smaller.  It also doesn't help that he doesn't have a decent line or a burner wide out to stretch the field.  Also the play calling has been suspect which leads us to:

3.  Mike Shanahan took the job under the condition that he has final say on all football moves.  Everything is under his command.  Which, compared to the years previous under Snyder/Cerrato this is a hundred times better.  Now I liked Shanahan the coach, I do not however like Shanahan the GM.  The  only guy who is doing the coach/GM job well has been Belichick and well, he has Tom Brady.  He has failed to address his porous offensive line, the wide receivers besides Garcon have been a joke, the defense went from a top 10 unit to bottom three.  The special teams is historically bad.  I'm talking atleast one major disaster a game.  They are giving up Devin Hester average punt returns TO EVERYONE THEY FACE.  Ugh.  His running scheme is fucking tits though, I love it.  He took a 6th rounder in Alfred Morris and turned him into a beast. 

So now what happens after the season?  Popular opinion is that he will get fired.  However that will leave Snyder on the hook for roughly, $25 million to can Shanahan and his staff.  Oh yeah, there will be more money to burn to hire another coach and his staff.  It's a disaster and frankly both Shanahan and Snyder deserve each other. 

My personal beef with Shanny is that he was supposed to come to DC and turn this joke of organization into a professional one.  And by most accounts he has done that.  The facilities are upgraded, they now have a new training camp in Richmond, they have a practice bubble.  Snyder gave him a blank check and said make the team better.  But the constant leaks and humilation of players is ridiculous.  The local beat writers have said that anytime there is a "unnamed source within Redskins Park" for a report for a national writer from ESPN or the NFL Network or hell even Sally Jenkins (a columnist who lives in New York who writes for the Washington Post....yeah I know) the leak is Mike Shanahan himself. 

He publicly humiliated McNabb.  He staked his reputation on Rex Grossman and John Beck.  He left an obviously injured RG3 out in the playoff game instead of pulling him.  Now instead of playing Cousins at the beginning of the season which I would understand he's playing him now.  Oh yeah the top 2 pick we will get his year goes to the Rams.  Great.

4.  Dan Snyder is an idiot.  No one knows if he wants to win or make money.  He's tried the get in your face and scream coach (Schottenheimer), he brought in the college legend (Spurrier), he brought back the biggest icon in team history (Gibbs), he tried and out of the box offensive guy (Zorn) and now he's tried a Super Bowl retread in Shanahan.  What he needs to do is promote Bruce Allen to President of Football Operations, hire a GM with strong player personnel skills and let those two hire the new coach.  He can be advised on the decision and offer his input, it's only fair, he's the owner.  It's the one thing he hasn't tried but if he wants the team to succeed and not have 60,000 empty seats at his soulless stadium maybe it's the best move he can make.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Can someone explain the Redskins to me? Any fans here?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »
1-horrible defense

2-Griffin was over rated as hell last year, it's about time the rest of the league caught up with him.  You can't blame the running game because Alfred Morris has been a beast.  Washington could use an upgrade at wide receiver but Garcon is pretty good.

3-Shanahan owes his career to John Elway and Terrell Davis.