Author Topic: did any other rappers besides Benzino diss Eminem for going in on black women?  (Read 620 times)

Blood$

BIGWORM

He goes in on him...

K-Rino ~ Fuck Eminem

Blood$

K-Rino  :o

sofdark

What's wrong with calling bitches bitches?

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You would thinkmore would have but shows how corny n bitch made these dudes really are.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Remedy360

?

Was that what he specifically dissed him for? I could be wrong but I was under the impression that they already had issues and Benzino's camp brought that out as ammunition.

Jimmy H.

Was that what he specifically dissed him for? I could be wrong but I was under the impression that they already had issues and Benzino's camp brought that out as ammunition.
That was what happened.

A couple other people went at him. E. White did. Young Dre did. Styles P had some things to say. That Maryland rapper, Big Sty, dissed him on record and went at D-12 and G-unit as well.

GangstaBoogy

You would thinkmore would have but shows how corny n bitch made these dudes really are.

Yepp. And worst you had more rappers defending him than attacking him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Truth, GB. One of the definin moments of when I knew HipHop was done. If Em came in the game in the early 90s or 80 n that shit came out damn near every cat in hip hop would have been at his throat. The fact people got more mad at Zino for exposin it is a damn shame.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Truth, GB. One of the definin moments of when I knew HipHop was done. If Em came in the game in the early 90s or 80 n that shit came out damn near every cat in hip hop would have been at his throat. The fact people got more mad at Zino for exposin it is a damn shame.
real talk if you remember his boss jimmy wrote a song called nigger for some group back in the day. interscope is committed to pushin' fuckery out to the masses they dropped death row to break away from gangsta rap and when dr. dre made his return back what kinda music did he make ? gangsta rap. same shit wit chief keef.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

real talk if you remember his boss jimmy wrote a song called nigger for some group back in the day. interscope is committed to pushin' fuckery out to the masses they dropped death row to break away from gangsta rap and when dr. dre made his return back what kinda music did he make ? gangsta rap. same shit wit chief keef.
You're painting a misleading picture.  The song wasn't called "Nigger", it was called "Rock & Roll Nigger". It was written by Patti Smith for her album in the late 70's and Iovine only produced it. He wasn't a record executive back then. He was a musician.  Interscope did not exist back then. I would suggest that anybody who thinks the actual record is racist probably has never heard it and has no idea what it is actually about. Putting the proper place on the historical context of the song, it's a feminist punk rock record, that is using a racial slur as shock value to get its point across. The theme of the song itself does not exactly fit a racist agenda.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
You're painting a misleading picture.  The song wasn't called "Nigger", it was called "Rock & Roll Nigger". It was written by Patti Smith for her album in the late 70's and Iovine only produced it. He wasn't a record executive back then. He was a musician.  Interscope did not exist back then. I would suggest that anybody who thinks the actual record is racist probably has never heard it and has no idea what it is actually about. Putting the proper place on the historical context of the song, it's a feminist punk rock record, that is using a racial slur as shock value to get its point across. The theme of the song itself does not exactly fit a racist agenda.
well I was on the right path but your correct. the title of that record alone and the fact he was apart of it speaks volumes whether you wanna admit it or not. I know interscope didn't exist back then and when it was started. they were dormant until death row came into the picture.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

J. B A N A N A S

I remember Styles P said he'd knock his fucking teeth out if he had a problem with black women Or something to that effect.

Jimmy H.

well I was on the right path but your correct. the title of that record alone and the fact he was apart of it speaks volumes whether you wanna admit it or not.
I am going to go ahead and vehemently disagree with you. You're taking an approach usually reserved for conservative media types like Bill O'Reilly in which you use a song title or lyrics, completely removed from knowledge of context, and argue that an offensive word is grounds to make a very powerful generalization. You'd be have just as much of an argument if you claimed Iovine a racist because Interscope distributed an album called "Strictly 4 My Niggaz". All you're paying attention to is the offensive word. If someone were arguing that Tupac is a misogynist by simply throwing up the song "Wonda Why They Call U Bitch", wouldn't you consider it a more informed opinion if they actually understood the intention behind the song. I am not, by any stretch, dismissing Iovine from claims that he might be a racist, but using his work on that song alone as some kind of smoking gun is pretty flimsy, especially when you have no real knowledge of the song and were both incorrect about its title and the level of his creative involvement in it.

The Eminem record is a little more damning. While no racial slurs are uttered, its entire intention is to diss and generalize all women of a certain race. In that context, the song is racist, even if it didn't use offensive words. There's very little wiggle room to even argue this point. In terms of Interscope, they simply want to play damage control. I truthfully think whether this was made when he was signed to them or not, they would still find a way to keep it from effecting their bottom line but it's a moot point. The argument becomes is Interscope accountable for what one of their artists did, years before, he was even their artist? Everybody has their own opinion on this.

I know interscope didn't exist back then and when it was started. they were dormant until death row came into the picture.
That's a popular misconception.  Interscope as a company has been around since the very early 80's.  It didn't branch off into a music label until about 1990 or so though.  They actually signed Tupac when Dr. Dre was still in NWA and Suge was still a bodyguard so the label was making moves long before that but Death Row ended up being what positioned them as a major music label.

KrazySumwhat

blah blah blah fuck ice cube.