Poll

who?

Denver
3 (42.9%)
Seattle
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 11:12:45 AM

Author Topic: who wins the Superbowl?  (Read 1013 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: who wins the Superbowl?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 03:56:37 PM »
I think the game will come down to the Denver D vs the Seattle offense. I expect a stalemate between Denver's offense and Seattle's D for the most part, especially if the weather gets bad. The questions will be can Knighton and Williams stop Lynch at the line? Can Shaun Phillips get to Wilson? Can DRC and the Safeties stop the deep balls?

That being said, I think that the possibility is greater for the Denver O to make a big play than it is for the Seattle D. Seattle's been exposed before on the road this season. The D isn't as good without the crowd at their back. And if Denver's D plays like they have been playing in January this could be a convincing win for Denver. But if Marshawn breaks open a few times and Peyton throws a couple picks, Seattle could run away with it early. Denver's going to have to play hurry up offense to keep Seattle from changing personnel.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 04:02:26 PM »
Denver will knock jello brained Percy Harvin back into his coma by half time and it will come down to whether or not they can stop Marshawn Lynch on key plays.  Wilson will be forced to pass too much and will either win heroically or more likely fail.

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »
Denver will knock jello brained Percy Harvin back into his coma by half time and it will come down to whether or not they can stop Marshawn Lynch on key plays.  Wilson will be forced to pass too much and will either win heroically or more likely fail.

LOL @ "back into his coma". He got knocked in the head twice and had a concussion two weeks ago.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 05:04:05 PM »
The real shame is that Pete Carroll stalked Peyton when he was looking for a new team and ambushed him at an airport to get him to come to Seattle (Peyton was scared away and said he wasn't interested). Imagine the current Seahwaks with a Peyton Manning pass offense and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield. It wouldn't be fair.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 05:28:24 PM »
The real shame is that Pete Carroll stalked Peyton when he was looking for a new team and ambushed him at an airport to get him to come to Seattle (Peyton was scared away and said he wasn't interested). Imagine the current Seahwaks with a Peyton Manning pass offense and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield. It wouldn't be fair.

they would have signed Welker too.  San Fran would have had Peyton if Harbaugh wasn't a dick and said that Peyton couldn't run his own offense.  not sure why Peyton took Denver over KC to be honest though lol

Remedy360

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 05:46:03 PM »

lol @ "stalked and ambushed". They had a jet waiting for him cause they wanted to try and recruit him like everyone else and he declined. That was that.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »
So many Dubcc poster stereotypes living in this thread lmao.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »

lol @ "stalked and ambushed". They had a jet waiting for him cause they wanted to try and recruit him like everyone else and he declined. That was that.

I'm not bashing your team. I wish he had gone to Seattle. but the facts are the facts. Pete Carrol found out Manning was visiting Denver and was on his way to visit Arizona. Carroll and GM John Schneider flew to Denver to try and catch him before going to Arizona. Peyton was in a Denver when he got a surprise phone call saying Carroll was waiting for him at the airport and that Manning and him could talk in Denver or he could come back to Seattle. Now I do think the urgency of this had a lot to do with Carroll simply not wanting him in the NFC West with the Cards, but he stalked by looking for info on where Peyton was, it wasn't dangerous creepy stalker but the word as defined is the right word to use, and he ambushed by sending a phone call that he was in Denver unannounced when Manning wasn't expecting it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »

Maybe you and Brady can not watch the Superbowl together.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »

I have to watch just to see Richard Sherman pick off Manning in the 4th tied at 17 a piece.

Then spend from then until the start of baseball season listening to how it only got picked off because Welker didn't respond to the "Omaha" call properly.

Remedy360

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 09:18:12 PM »

I'm not bashing your team. I wish he had gone to Seattle. but the facts are the facts. Pete Carrol found out Manning was visiting Denver and was on his way to visit Arizona. Carroll and GM John Schneider flew to Denver to try and catch him before going to Arizona. Peyton was in a Denver when he got a surprise phone call saying Carroll was waiting for him at the airport and that Manning and him could talk in Denver or he could come back to Seattle. Now I do think the urgency of this had a lot to do with Carroll simply not wanting him in the NFC West with the Cards, but he stalked by looking for info on where Peyton was, it wasn't dangerous creepy stalker but the word as defined is the right word to use, and he ambushed by sending a phone call that he was in Denver unannounced when Manning wasn't expecting it.

I never knew all the details, but I had also heard that Manning had reached out to him before that. I'm glad they did that, shows how committed those two really are. I was really pissed when I heard he blew them off, cause we already had a great defense on the rise plus Marshawn in the backfield, but it's all worked out fine.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 09:20:53 PM »

I have to watch just to see Richard Sherman pick off Manning in the 4th tied at 17 a piece.

Then spend from then until the start of baseball season listening to how it only got picked off because Welker didn't respond to the "Omaha" call properly.

I really hope Seattle decides to have Sherman on Welker all night. Although Welk will probably find a way to take Sherm out of the game by quarter 2. And did I make a single excuse for Manning's pick in OT last season? Did I not call it all Manning's fault? A bad decision and a bad throw?

When it's Peyton's fault I say it's Peyton's fault. I've yet to hear you cast any blame on Brady for anything in his last 8 post season losses.

Remedy360

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 11:45:17 PM »

I really hope Seattle decides to have Sherman on Welker all night. Although Welk will probably find a way to take Sherm out of the game by quarter 2.

Uh, what makes you say that?

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:03 AM »

I really hope Seattle decides to have Sherman on Welker all night. Although Welk will probably find a way to take Sherm out of the game by quarter 2. And did I make a single excuse for Manning's pick in OT last season? Did I not call it all Manning's fault? A bad decision and a bad throw?

When it's Peyton's fault I say it's Peyton's fault. I've yet to hear you cast any blame on Brady for anything in his last 8 post season losses.

Typically, I'd say Sherman would get the assignments for Thomas or Decker since they are down field threats, but with the weather being what it is, the Slot game is going to be huge. Sherman on Welker will make it that much harder to get that going.
Some Of What's On Rotation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 12:31:31 PM »
70% of the country bet Peyton. Seahawks are more of a lock than ever.