Author Topic: Imagine if Daz RRGB had sold platinum, here is how different things wouldve been  (Read 1056 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Daz RRGB deserved to go platinum, it was a high quality Death Row album like all the others that went platinum, and it had a sure-fire single with "In California".  So imagine if things had gone the way they should of how great it would of been for Death Row, West Coast, and hiphop in general...

-Daz would've been a star thus solidifying himself as the new face of Death Row and the West Coast.

-Snoop would've seen Daz success and never dared to sign with No Limit.  He would've stayed with his cousin and Death Row.   The Game Is to Be Sold album would've never dropped, and instead an album like Topp Dogg would've been released with Daz and Soopafly produced songs like "Hooked" only not with the name "Hooked" cause it never would've appeared on the No Limit soundtrack the song would've been called "Snoop DOGG"

-Dre would've been working with Snoop and thus appeared on a Death Row album once more.  This would've brought peace between him and Suge and thus Death Row would've been a part of the West resurgence with the Up In Smoke Tour and everything else.

-with all Daz juice comin off the platinum solo album he would've been able to release The Gang album with him, Tray Dee, Bad Azz and others.  That shit would've gone platinum and been like a Dogg Food part 2 and West Coast classic.  This would've catapulted Tray Dee to fame and he would've released his own platinum solo album under his deal with Sony.

-With all the juice Daz had, Soopafly was his main man, so Dat Woopty Woop would've gotten the spotlight it deserved and the album would've garnered another platinum plaque for Death Row.

-by 2002 suge would've gotten out of prison just in time for a new Dogg Pound release.  It would've been called Doog Food 2 and sold platinum

-Now with Suge running shit again and Snoop never signing with No Limit, the South never emerges to be a force in the industry.  Thus the West has a continued run at the top of the industry that started in 92 and lives on till today.

...All this if MTV would've just fuckin gave the "In California" video a few more spins so it could've caught on.  Radio would've followed and next thing you know you got a hit song and another hit to follow with "Might Sound Crazy".  Daz goes down in history as the second greatest producer of all-time and Top 5 Emcee.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

KrazySumwhat

Dreaming bro.
Whilst i can see where you are coming from to an extent, i cant really agree.
 Snoop left deathrow before daz's album came out.
 Dre would NOT have worked with deathrow again.
 No limit top dogg is a classic album.
 No limit were running things BEFORE Snoop signed.

Daz's album is great though and should have sold better. But it was a fake deathrow album in a way. Snoop and nate and kurupt had all left already and Tupac was dead(the album kind of portrayed that they were still all together). I cant believe how long the south has been big though. Longer than the west and east put together now, it feels like anyhow..

Jimmy H.

None of that shit would have happened.  Snoop would still have left, Pac would still be dead, Dre would still be doing his own thing, and Suge would still be locked up. A platinum album doesn't change anything. Doggfather went double platinum and opened at #1 and that didn't create new stars or keep Snoop at the label. MTV playing Daz's video a few times would not have magically doubled the record sales to the point where it went platinum and in the off chance that it did, it would still change very little about how people felt about the label.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
None of that shit would have happened.  Snoop would still have left, Pac would still be dead, Dre would still be doing his own thing, and Suge would still be locked up. A platinum album doesn't change anything. Doggfather went double platinum and opened at #1 and that didn't create new stars or keep Snoop at the label. MTV playing Daz's video a few times would not have magically doubled the record sales to the point where it went platinum and in the off chance that it did, it would still change very little about how people felt about the label.

The Doggfather may have sold well because Snoop was the biggest living name in rap at the time, but that shit was still considered a flop and was a huge step backwards for Death Row, the West Coast, and gangsta rap.

At the very least it would've meant that The Gang album would've came out and possibly Soopafly would've released That Woopty Woo on Death Row and gotten some more shine with the album.

doggfather

imagine if= bullshit thread...
sorry bro.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

KrazySumwhat

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d0lFy0F-8Yo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d0lFy0F-8Yo</a>
 maybe record a new version of this song?

123imagee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sorry bro.

So the fall of Death Row, of the West Coast, of Gangsta rap... isn't worth discussing?

...I don't think you all understand the significance of this album, and what was riding on its success or failure.

doggfather

sorry bro.

So the fall of Death Row, of the West Coast, of Gangsta rap... isn't worth discussing?

...I don't think you all understand the significance of this album, and what was riding on its success or failure.

yes, all death row discussion in 2014 is worth to discuss.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Snoop was already all but signed to No Limit at the end of 97. He was on Mystikal's 97 album "Unpredictable" and the first words he said on the track was "it's No Limit." Nate was gone, Kurupt was gone, and Dre damn sure would not have appeared on any Death Row albums. The only reason Snoop and Dre did collab again in 99 is cause Damizza made it happen, and it damn sure wouldn't have happened if Snoop stayed at Death Row.

It was inevitable, there was no way to keep that train going with Dre gone, Pac murdered, and Suge in jail. As someone else said, NL Top Dogg was a classic and I think it all worked out fine. Daz and Kurupt were still very relevant going into the early 2000's, and 1999 was as big a year for Westcoast rap as any year. Snoop, Dre, Kurupt and Quik all dropped gems that sold very well. In hindsight, Chronic 2001 never probably would have dropped, or if it did it wouldn't have been half as good if Snoop stayed on Death Row. That album without Snoop is a completely different album.

123imagee

Left Overs From That LP Would Be Crazy

doublee313

Wow, you have a good imagination bro.  Lol.  I disagree with your timeline of what could have happened.  You might be smoking to much.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
this is why we can´t have nice things

fogcitypimpin

• 'G'
Infinite, you wanna suck off daz don't you?  That album is average as fuck. 

MOBNigga06

sorry bro.

Man, Infinite's threads are hilarious...y'all should remember them the next time you diss me or Mr. Theo for being big fans of DJ Quik...Infinite makes the DJ Quik fans on this forum look apathetic by comparison!
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.