Poll

who was the best center?

Hakeem the dream
3 (50%)
Shaq
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Shaq vs Hakeem  (Read 1228 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Shaq vs Hakeem
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
Fuck a Shaq.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »
the shit he pulled with kobe, but he seems to have grown since then

LOL, yeah like it was everything Shaq. They were both immature and selfish as fuck - instead of putting all the bs to rest, shut the fuck up, play together to win more rings, they decided to play that "who's the man" game with one another, throwing eachother under the buss on numerous occasions.

I know it's hard for you to be objective in any topic that's Mr. Bryant's-related, but they both deserve 50/50 blame for that shit - it was silly and should've never happen.

IT'S BEEN MADE PRETTY DAMN CLEAR THAT SHAQ SHOULDA PUT EGO ASIDE AND LET KOBE LEAD THE TEAM WHEN IT WAS TIME.....INSTEAD, HE WANTED A MAX CONTRACT WHEN HE WAS ALREADY COMING IN TO CAMP OUT OF SHAPE EVERY YEAR, AND PROVED TO BE PAST HIS PRIME.. DISRESPECTED JERRY BUSS BY YELLING AT HIM "PAY ME MUTHAFUCKA!" IN A PRESEASON GAME, CLAIMED TO NOT PLAY DEFENSE OR REBOUND IF THE OFFENSE DIDN'T RUN THROUGH HIM, ON TOP OF COUNTLESS OTHER IMMATURE GAMES HE PULLED AT THE TIME...SIMPLY PUT, HE WASN'T WILLING TO TAKE A BACKSEAT TO KOBE, WHO WAS ON TOP OF HIS GAME AND JUST ENTERING HIS PRIME, ALL DUE TO PRIDE ISSUES. I THINK EVEN SHAQ HAS REALIZED THIS BY NOW, SO I DUNO WTF U TRYNA ARGUE HERE.....

THERE IS NO 50-50 BLAME LMAO, IT'S QUITE SIMPLE...SHAQ SHOULDA TAKEN A BACKSEAT TO KOBE WHEN MANAGEMENT AND PHIL JACKSON WANTED HIM TO, BUT HE COULDN'T DO IT. THATS WHY KAREEM IS KAREEM AND SHAQ IS SHAQ. KOBE PLAYED HIS PART TO A T AND WAS STUNTED FOR YEARS BY THE IMMATURITY OF SHAQ.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »
Shaq was in the wrong. But lets not forget who is singing at the police station for no reason at all. I'd call it 70-30.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
Shaq was in the wrong. But lets not forget who is singing at the police station for no reason at all. I'd call it 70-30.

THAT WAS A HEAT-OF-THE-MOMENT KOBE, TRYNA GET HIMSELF OUTA TROUBLE BY REASON OF COMPARISON...THE BEEF WAS AT ITS PEAK WAY BEFORE ANY OF THAT, BUT ITS A NICE COP-OUT BY SHAQ FANS, NONETHELESS.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »

50/50

kobe sang like Mac Shawn

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »

THAT WAS A HEAT-OF-THE-MOMENT KOBE, TRYNA GET HIMSELF OUTA TROUBLE BY REASON OF COMPARISON...THE BEEF WAS AT ITS PEAK WAY BEFORE ANY OF THAT, BUT ITS A NICE COP-OUT BY SHAQ FANS, NONETHELESS.

Because Kobe 2000, a year after Shaq dominated the league, Kobe didn't say the ball should go through him, or call started calling Shaq out of shape that year even though the Lakers would go on to win 2 more titles and just won their first. Yeah Shaq started it because Kobe was getting more popular with the younger fans and Kobe's jersey sales were better, eventually Shaq's health would decrease from Shaq being out of shape and Kobe would get better numbers and Shaq would start yelling "pay me" all well getting Eddie Jones, Kobe's best friend in the locker room, traded for Glenn Rice (Shaq's friend) well having his other friends like Brian Shaq signed. So yeah, It was majority Shaq, but Kobe was also at fault.

Typical Kobe fan, Kobe is never at fault. Get off his balls.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 10:03:37 AM »

Because Kobe 2000, a year after Shaq dominated the league, Kobe didn't say the ball should go through him, or call started calling Shaq out of shape that year even though the Lakers would go on to win 2 more titles and just won their first. Yeah Shaq started it because Kobe was getting more popular with the younger fans and Kobe's jersey sales were better, eventually Shaq's health would decrease from Shaq being out of shape and Kobe would get better numbers and Shaq would start yelling "pay me" all well getting Eddie Jones, Kobe's best friend in the locker room, traded for Glenn Rice (Shaq's friend) well having his other friends like Brian Shaq signed. So yeah, It was majority Shaq, but Kobe was also at fault.

I will say this though...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TRyS9RjDO4?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5TRyS9RjDO4?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »

lol u got shit twisted, kobe never said the ball should go through him UNTIL Phil Jackson called for it....and didn't call Shaq fat and out of shape until Shaq's bitchass remark of "i got injured on company time and i'll heal on company time"...and that's when Kobe (and Laker management) had enough, because Kobe was the consummate professional and had the exact opposite mindset, which bodes well for the Lakers, while Shaq coulda been the best ever if he even had half of Kobe's work ethic. Fact of the matter is, it's a pretty accepted notion by now that Shaq's immaturity and excess pride is what ultimately led to his demise....but u can tell Shaq has matured since and shows mad love to Kobe at any chance he gets, cuz he knows he fucked up...even went on to exclaim that they woulda had 5 or 6 titles together had he never demanded that trade....don't let hack egg you on, he's a known troll around here and ur feeding into his anti-Laker bs again.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:25 PM »

lol u got shit twisted, kobe never said the ball should go through him UNTIL Phil Jackson called for it....and didn't call Shaq fat and out of shape until Shaq's bitchass remark of "i got injured on company time and i'll heal on company time"...and that's when Kobe (and Laker management) had enough, because Kobe was the consummate professional and had the exact opposite mindset, which bodes well for the Lakers, while Shaq coulda been the best ever if he even had half of Kobe's work ethic. Fact of the matter is, it's a pretty accepted notion by now that Shaq's immaturity and excess pride is what ultimately led to his demise....but u can tell Shaq has matured since and shows mad love to Kobe at any chance he gets, cuz he knows he fucked up...even went on to exclaim that they woulda had 5 or 6 titles together had he never demanded that trade....don't let hack egg you on, he's a known troll around here and ur feeding into his anti-Laker bs again.

Shaq knows he fucked up. And he's jealousy over Kobe's growing popularity of the time lead to so stupid shit. I mean, imagine if Eddie Jones stayed on the Lakers, but Shaq wanted Eddie gone because he was Kobe's best friend of the time. Shaq had his own people brought in, Rice, Shaw, Grant. But there is a reason Kobe was not liked in the locker room, not just by Shaq. He was immature, which is understandable by a 20 year old, and he did demand the ball in 2000 after Shaq came in out of shape. But Shaq was not breaking down in 2000, Shaq was still on top of his game. Plus Phil wrote in depth of the trouble in coaching Kobe Bryant of that era. Or have we forgot about the book, The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul.

Phil: "Kobe can be consumed with surprising anger, which he's displayed toward me and toward his teammates....He rebels against authority."

Before that season, before Kobe sang like a bird in heat to the cops about Shaq, Kobe was seen as a player who no one liked. When everyone doesn't like you, you eventually have to ask yourself if it's them or if it's you. In this case, it was Kobe. I will give Shaq that majority of the blame, at his age during that time, he should have been an adult. But for Kobe it was a product of not knowing how to adjust to the culture and not making himself more available to his teammates outside the court. Kobe shares some blame for continuing the feud instead of trying to end it.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »

Shaq knows he fucked up. And he's jealousy over Kobe's growing popularity of the time lead to so stupid shit. I mean, imagine if Eddie Jones stayed on the Lakers, but Shaq wanted Eddie gone because he was Kobe's best friend of the time. Shaq had his own people brought in, Rice, Shaw, Grant. But there is a reason Kobe was not liked in the locker room, not just by Shaq. He was immature, which is understandable by a 20 year old, and he did demand the ball in 2000 after Shaq came in out of shape. But Shaq was not breaking down in 2000, Shaq was still on top of his game. Plus Phil wrote in depth of the trouble in coaching Kobe Bryant of that era. Or have we forgot about the book, The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul.

Phil: "Kobe can be consumed with surprising anger, which he's displayed toward me and toward his teammates....He rebels against authority."

Before that season, before Kobe sang like a bird in heat to the cops about Shaq, Kobe was seen as a player who no one liked. When everyone doesn't like you, you eventually have to ask yourself if it's them or if it's you. In this case, it was Kobe. I will give Shaq that majority of the blame, at his age during that time, he should have been an adult. But for Kobe it was a product of not knowing how to adjust to the culture and not making himself more available to his teammates outside the court. Kobe shares some blame for continuing the feud instead of trying to end it.

once again, u got shit twisted.....I read "The Last Season"...did u? NO ONE on the Lakeshow, outside of Shaq, had a problem with Kobe. The thing with Kobe is that he's always been anti-social and kept to himself...but at the same time, he didn't have any enemies (outside of Shaq, who couldn't deal with Kobe's alpha male nature)....even Byron Scott said he was stunned by how professional and mature Kobe was as a rookie and talked about how he always favored him + took him under his wing in that very book....so in essence, what ur doing is twisting Kobe being anti-social and quiet with people not liking Kobe, which was never the case.....also, Phil Jackson later went on to say that those same things he said about Kobe are what made him great, even adding an excerpt to that book just to clarify what he said. "everyone didn't like him" is a lie on ur behalf...shaq has made way more enemies during his time in the NBA than kobe ever has, and thats an indisputable truth.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 05:59:56 PM »
There are plenty of people on record for how they feel about Kobe and it shouldn't matter from what team they were on.  Maybe Kobe used to be a good team mate and turned into a dick?  who knows.  either way it's clear he's a bad team mate since even Phil Jackson criticized him in his book.

Smush PArker  "Kobe was a bad team mate"

Chucky Atkins called Kobe the lakers GM

we all know how Howard feels about Kobe

remember when he got punched by Chris Childs?

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »
LOL MDOGG AND HACK TAG-TEAM.. PRICELESS

SMUSH PARKER AND CHUCKY ATKINS LMFAO...GOOD JOB COMIN WIT THE CREDIBLE SOURCES, AS ALWAYS

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 06:50:22 PM »
did they both not play with Kobe??

did Kobe not want to leave to Chicago?

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
did they both not play with Kobe??

did Kobe not want to leave to Chicago?

YES, AND WHAT HAPPENED 2 THEM ONCE THEY LEFT KOBE'S CORNER? LOL

U MEAN BACK WHEN U WERE A KNICKS FAN? KOBE FORCED MANAGEMENTS HAND AND GOT US 2 RINGS BECAUSE OF IT....LA IS FOREVER IN DEBT TO HIM FOR THAT. STAY BITTER.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 07:02:57 PM »
you mean when the NBA let the Lakers steal pau gasol?  thank god Stern learned his lesson, hence the Clippers being better than the Lakers now