Author Topic: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)  (Read 10436 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »
#1 on iTunes with an average rating of 4.5/5 as well  8)

guess all iTunes users are biased than a motherfucker too right? lol
if dude was signed to duck down or e one records do you honestly think he would've gotten these kinda ratings ?

Of course he would, it's Allhiphop and XXLMag, they're not just going to throw people good reviews for nothing. During the peak of G Unit's hype Lloyd Banks got an M in XXL because he released a sub-par album. Reviewers have more to lose by pandering to artists than they do to gain.

Too many cats on here think their opinions are the be all and end all of music, they can't understand their own tastes are either narrow minded or stuck in a dated box. Get out in the world and enjoy yourself, hear "Collard Greens" or "Man of the Year" in a club setting and you'll understand. Actually sit down and listen to the lyrics / story in "Hoover St" and "Prescription/Oxymoron" and you'll understand.

I get it if you don't like the music, that's fine, that's your opinion. But throwing other peoples tastes in the bushes just because they like something you don't is retarded, get off your own dick b.
no one's dissin' anyone's opinion homie relax it ain't that serious. I'm just sayin' had this release came out on somewhere else it wouldn't even be noticed. you brought up Lloyd banks but if g unit was in their prime that joint woulda got a xl. xxl has rated so many albums wrong good or bad it's a shame. Isaiah's joint is better but i don't see y'all discussin' him.

But Banks album was in G Units prime, it was right after The Massace and The Documentary and they gave it an L. It's the first big commercial hip hop release of the year and the first proper album from TDE since GKMC so of course it's going to get press.

Yeah that Isaiah album is definitely heatrocks, it got a massive reception at the other forum I post at now, I don't even know if it was mentioned here lol. "Brad Jordan", "R.I.P. Kevin Miller", "Heavenly Father" and "Shot You Down Remix" were some of the best joints I've heard in a long time. The last verse of "Banana" was insane. TDE got the best two projects of the year so far to me 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »

if dude was signed to duck down or e one records do you honestly think he would've gotten these kinda ratings ?

Of course he would, it's Allhiphop and XXLMag, they're not just going to throw people good reviews for nothing. During the peak of G Unit's hype Lloyd Banks got an M in XXL because he released a sub-par album. Reviewers have more to lose by pandering to artists than they do to gain.

Too many cats on here think their opinions are the be all and end all of music, they can't understand their own tastes are either narrow minded or stuck in a dated box. Get out in the world and enjoy yourself, hear "Collard Greens" or "Man of the Year" in a club setting and you'll understand. Actually sit down and listen to the lyrics / story in "Hoover St" and "Prescription/Oxymoron" and you'll understand.

I get it if you don't like the music, that's fine, that's your opinion. But throwing other peoples tastes in the bushes just because they like something you don't is retarded, get off your own dick b.
no one's dissin' anyone's opinion homie relax it ain't that serious. I'm just sayin' had this release came out on somewhere else it wouldn't even be noticed. you brought up Lloyd banks but if g unit was in their prime that joint woulda got a xl. xxl has rated so many albums wrong good or bad it's a shame. Isaiah's joint is better but i don't see y'all discussin' him.

But Banks album was in G Units prime, it was right after The Massace and The Documentary and they gave it an L. It's the first big commercial hip hop release of the year and the first proper album from TDE since GKMC so of course it's going to get press.

Yeah that Isaiah album is definitely heatrocks, it got a massive reception at the other forum I post at now, I don't even know if it was mentioned here lol. "Brad Jordan", "R.I.P. Kevin Miller", "Heavenly Father" and "Shot You Down Remix" were some of the best joints I've heard in a long time. The last verse of "Banana" was insane. TDE got the best two projects of the year so far to me 8)
that rotten apple joint ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »

Yeah breh, shit got slammed by critics, actually it came out after Mobb Deep and Yayo so was near the end of their run. But they still had a lot of influence.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:36:45 PM by dubsmith_nz »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »

Yeah breh, shit got slammed by critics, actually it came out after Mobb Deep and Yayo so was near the end of their run. But they still had a lot of influence.
yeah they were pretty much done at that point.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »
Isaiah Rashad's joint was dope and I made a thread for it here in Outbound but it did go unnoticed and he's TDE so there goes that theory of "people only checking for it cuz it's TDE"  8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »
Isaiah Rashad's joint was dope and I made a thread for it here in Outbound but it did go unnoticed and he's TDE so there goes that theory of "people only checking for it cuz it's TDE"  8)
I peeped it. only four replies smh. let dr. dre say that nigga is dope or take a flick wit him and this forum will go bonkers.

aerroc

« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:41 PM »
Isaiah Rashad's joint was dope and I made a thread for it here in Outbound but it did go unnoticed and he's TDE so there goes that theory of "people only checking for it cuz it's TDE"  8)

fuck the outbound and the hookup thread if u put something there it will get unnoticed u will be lucky to  get a reply if u try to post it in this thread some stupid fuck mod will put it in hookup

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
Isaiah Rashad's joint was dope and I made a thread for it here in Outbound but it did go unnoticed and he's TDE so there goes that theory of "people only checking for it cuz it's TDE"  8)
I peeped it. only four replies smh. let dr. dre say that nigga is dope or take a flick wit him and this forum will go bonkers.

Lol sad but true

aerroc

« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2014, 08:11:59 PM »

YES tde is still a indy record label u think all of this happened over night tde represent the much needed change in hip hop black hippy has been grinding since 2005 now its time for the payoff
wait till kendrick ab-soul jay rock and sza drop next

get back to my uncles musc and stfu already

this is real music fuck all that cars hoes and bling bling bullshit

before u talk anymore shit on tde know your info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Dawg_Entertainment

Okka

« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »
I been a fan of Q since i heard "Hands On Tha Wheel", that was before he was signed to Interscope. I think there's a lot of people here who have been his fans way before Kendrick got signed to Aftermath and Black Hippy signed with Interscope. Are they actually all signed as solo artists on Interscope now? Or is it just Kendrick and Q?

Will_B

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2014, 10:50:53 PM »

Just shows how the casual listener knows nothing about music

All these reviews of 4/5 - 4.5/5........so if Illmatic is your 5/5 .....this albums just a bit less good :D :D :D :D

Damn. Schoolboy Q  :odropped a 'nearly Illmatic' type album :o :o :o

I better start ghost riding his dick

says someone who judged albums after listening 2 songs on youtube  - how ironic  ::) ::)

That's judged not to listen to

Here's something that will really shock you: if I see a trailer for a film and don't like the look of it...I don't watch the film  :o

aerroc

« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »
I been a fan of Q since i heard "Hands On Tha Wheel", that was before he was signed to Interscope. I think there's a lot of people here who have been his fans way before Kendrick got signed to Aftermath and Black Hippy signed with Interscope. Are they actually all signed as solo artists on Interscope now? Or is it just Kendrick and Q?

i think hands on the wheel and they he go and Micheal Jordan were songs the mainstream were feeling and started to notice him all 3 r great songs

In March 2012, MTV reported that Top Dawg Entertainment closed a joint venture deal with Interscope Records and Aftermath Entertainment. Under the new deal, Kendrick Lamar's debut studio album, good kid, m.A.A.d city would be jointly released via Top Dawg, Interscope and Aftermath, while releases from the rest of Black Hippy would be released by Top Dawg and Interscope, respectively

Blood$

« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »
I can honestly say I've been checking for him since '08 when he punked 40 Glocc but I didn't really start bumping him until 2011ish when he dropped Setbacks

after seeing him live a few times that also made me fuck with the music more, actually going to his show on the 6th here in New Haven  8)

aerroc

« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2014, 11:13:36 PM »
I can honestly say I've been checking for him since '08 when he punked 40 Glocc but I didn't really start bumping him until 2011ish when he dropped Setbacks

after seeing him live a few times that also made me fuck with the music more, actually going to his show on the 6th here in New Haven  8)

thats why i like tde so much it was either listen to the same o shit or find something new found tde and some others i know the old shit was the bomb but people here need to know this not 1996 time to move on

some of these artist talked about here on a daily since i been on this forum 2003 gotta be close to 50 yrs old
a 50 yr old rapper just isn't that cool
time to grow up?

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2014, 12:39:34 AM »

Just shows how the casual listener knows nothing about music

All these reviews of 4/5 - 4.5/5........so if Illmatic is your 5/5 .....this albums just a bit less good :D :D :D :D

Damn. Schoolboy Q  :odropped a 'nearly Illmatic' type album :o :o :o

I better start ghost riding his dick

says someone who judged albums after listening 2 songs on youtube  - how ironic  ::) ::)

That's judged not to listen to

Here's something that will really shock you: if I see a trailer for a film and don't like the look of it...I don't watch the film  :o

u just contradicted yourself  cuz so in such a case u should keep ur mouth shut do not discuss album u did not listen then or maybe u talking about movie and how it is based upon trailers  ::) ::)