Author Topic: Infante out with shoulder strain... Missing Banafacio already...  (Read 442 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Dammit.. I was so close to going into my first season totally satisfied with the Royals.  Then they had to go and cut Emelio Banafacio to make cap space.  This guy could play every non-battery position well, was the fastest guy in baseball, and hit plus .300 for the Royals last year.  But they cut him cause they were over budget.  I AM NOT GOING TO STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS ALL YEAR!  THIS CAN NOT BE UNDERSTATED.

Now.. already Infante is out with shoulder strain after signing a huge contract in the offseason, AND WE HAVE NOBODY TO BACK HIM UP NOW!!!

Other than that, I'm extremely happy about the Royals right now.  Playing overseas looks like it really benefited Moose.  He hit back to back homers in the last game and he has a new approach at the plate.  He's not just up there hacking.  He changes his approach with two strikes, and I like what I am seeing.

Luke Hochever is still blowing guys away.  He's a former #1 overall pick and was a failure his whole career, till last year he was moved to the bullpen and became a juggernaut.  Now, I wouldn't even be mad if he opens up the season back in the rotation.  The Royals are soooooo loaded with pitching... we will end up having 3 or 4 viable starters open the season in the pen, including guys like Duffy and Ventura who may be Cy Young candidates one day.

Everything is going well in KC.. just that one fucking issue of cutting Banafacio is bug me all year long.  I hope banafacio hits like .200 this year for his new team and then I will feel a lot better.  Last year we traded Will Myers and the guy ends up BEING FUCKING ROOKIE OF THE YEAR in Tampa Bay.  It's okay because I love James Shields and I was happy to finally have a winning season... but still... I want our guys to suck when they go play for other teams, especially Banafacio!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Infante out with shoulder strain... Missing Banafacio already...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
Not to change the subject, but Billy Hamilton is the fastest player in baseball, followed by Dee Gordon.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:35:29 PM »
Not to change the subject, but Billy Hamilton is the fastest player in baseball, followed by Dee Gordon.

What about Royals Jarrod Dyson?  I think this dude was like a world class sprinter

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 04:47:42 PM »
  Last year we traded Will Myers and the guy ends up BEING FUCKING ROOKIE OF THE YEAR in Tampa Bay.

While the Royals have had a loaded minor league system lately, I have a feeling that Will Myers trade is going to cause heartburn for many years to come:/  That kid is a stud.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hamilbi01.shtml

one of the best base stealers of all time...fast as hell.  just look at them stats.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 05:04:03 PM »

one of the best base stealers of all time...fast as hell.  just look at them stats.

I was of course referring to Reds' prospect outfielder Billy Hamilton but yeah after looking at that link the moral of the story is that if you name your kid Billy Hamilton he will be a ridiculously fast baseball player.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »

I was of course referring to Reds' prospect outfielder Billy Hamilton but yeah after looking at that link the moral of the story is that if you name your kid Billy Hamilton he will be a ridiculously fast baseball player.

i was playing around because I've known of this new Billy Hamilton for about a year or 2 now and I always thought "man, this fucker better hope people don't dig up the stats on the other Billy Hamitlon or he'll never look fast or good"

MistaNova

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
For the record the guy's name is spelled Emilio Bonifacio.
And you're going to wish ill on the guy just because the team cut him? It's not his fault the Royals let him go.

Anyway Bonifacio's a good baserunner but the problem for him is actually reaching base. If he could do that then the Blue Jays probably wouldn't have dumped him onto the Royals last year (and the Marlins wouldn't have dumped him onto the Jays the year before).
Also, NEVER go into Spring Training with high expectation or feeling satisfied with your team. The key is to believe that they'll be a subpar team that's going to be dead last in the division and to keep talking shit about them until mid-August when the standings start to matter. If the team looks like it might actually have a shot at going to the postseason at that point that is when you start rooting for them.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:39 PM »
  Last year we traded Will Myers and the guy ends up BEING FUCKING ROOKIE OF THE YEAR in Tampa Bay.

While the Royals have had a loaded minor league system lately, I have a feeling that Will Myers trade is going to cause heartburn for many years to come:/  That kid is a stud.

Well the best baseball mind I know is Rany Jazerli. He's a sabermetrics genius and a Royals fan, so I always check his blog and radio appearances, www.ranyontheroyals.com

He was totally against the Myers trade from the beginning, and he accurately predicted the Royals record before last season.  The guy is a genius.  So... if I was a GM or getting paid to be right about this kind of stuff I would be against the trade.

But as a fan I was for the trade.  The Royals were so desperate for a winning season, I mean we had only had 1 winning season (2003 it was a fluke) in the last 20 years.   I was ready to sell the whole farm system just for a winning season.  James Shields gave us that finally, and he is still with us this year which means we will have another winning season and probably even get to compete for the playoffs again.  That's better than always talking about "prospects" every year.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »
For the record the guy's name is spelled Emilio Bonifacio.
And you're going to wish ill on the guy just because the team cut him? It's not his fault the Royals let him go.

Anyway Bonifacio's a good baserunner but the problem for him is actually reaching base. If he could do that then the Blue Jays probably wouldn't have dumped him onto the Royals last year (and the Marlins wouldn't have dumped him onto the Jays the year before).
Also, NEVER go into Spring Training with high expectation or feeling satisfied with your team. The key is to believe that they'll be a subpar team that's going to be dead last in the division and to keep talking shit about them until mid-August when the standings start to matter. If the team looks like it might actually have a shot at going to the postseason at that point that is when you start rooting for them.

Being a Royals fan my whole life, spring training is always the best time of year. If I can't have high hopes and good vibes now then they may never come, lol... So in spite of your sound advice I'm going to enjoy the good vibes while they are here, and if Moose ends up being a bust, Infante stays injured, and Will Myers goes on to be MVP over in Tampa... then hopefully by that time the Kansas City Chiefs will be getting ready for camp  8)

And mark my words, Banafacio will be a big time contributor for the Cubs this year. I expect him to hit +.250 and lead the team in runs and stolen bases.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:38:42 PM by Infinite »

MistaNova

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 06:33:27 PM »
Lol, I doubt it. If he has a hot first half, he'll most likely be traded for another Top 100 Prospect the Cubs can add to their system.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 06:50:26 PM »
emilio bumface has like a 1 home run per 50,000 at bat ratio  ftw

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »
emilio bumface has like a 1 home run per 50,000 at bat ratio  ftw

you don't need power when you can steal your way from 1rst to 3rd

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
HOCHEVER OUT 2-3 MONTHS, MAY HAVE TOMMY JOHN AND BE OUT FOR ENTIRE SEASON!! FUCK!!

Right after I talked about him, Hochever goes down.  The Royals have a very deep pitching staff so they should be able to work around it.  It won't make-or-break our season, but still a tough blow to the team.  This guy had a sub 2 ERA last year

MistaNova

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 09:46:23 PM »
HOCHEVER OUT 2-3 MONTHS, MAY HAVE TOMMY JOHN AND BE OUT FOR ENTIRE SEASON!! FUCK!!

Right after I talked about him, Hochever goes down.  The Royals have a very deep pitching staff so they should be able to work around it.  It won't make-or-break our season, but still a tough blow to the team.  This guy had a sub 2 ERA last year

First off, the guy's last name is spelled Hochevar.

Second, he only threw around 70 innings last year. So that ERA doesn't mean shit.

Third, you're right, Hochevar's injury won't have any serious effect on the Royals since they probably weren't going to make him a starter again anyway and probably have a few bullpen arms to take his place for the first 2 months of the season. Man what a waste of a first round pick in a absurdly loaded draft class.