Author Topic: Eminem got ripped on 8-mile..  (Read 584 times)

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:Eminem got ripped on 8-mile..
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2003, 02:43:56 PM »
First time i heard it, i really didn't put thought into it (Em's freestyles). But goddamn homie, how much previously stated/written shit you gona use
ie.
"look you wanna be a dope emcee /
dont get mad and start takin your period out on me /
cuz i aint dont shit to you / " ('97 rap olympics, used vs the chik also on 8 mile exclusive battles)

and something about "pick it up" vs marvin.. he said the same shit on his slim shady promos with proof, besides that he used it vs Allstar on scribble jam '97.

"you couldn't make the fans throw up their hands if they swallowed their fingers" ('97 scribble jam vs MC Juice, and also on Open Mic on Infinite cd"

"and everybody in this place will miss-you /
 if you try and turn my facial tissue /
 into a racial issue /" ('97 scribble jam vs Allstar, also in '97 rap olympics..)

The list goes on.  He can write sickshit, but dont confuse the fact that freestyle battles, are supposed to be freestyled.

VDK REPPIN!

Jome

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 07:06:18 PM »

The list goes on.  He can write sickshit, but dont confuse the fact that freestyle battles, are supposed to be freestyled.

Well, it's a movie, so they all follow a prewritten script right ??

And I haven't seen the movie yet, but isn't this sposed to more or less be based on Em's life ?
In so case, you can't argument that the battle is taken from real life..

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2003, 09:32:19 PM »
Yeh but all the previous battles i just stated were *REAL* battles(none were on the movie).  The one vs marvin and the chick aren't on the actual movie, but are *exclusive* battles.  They are real, hence em is actually "freestyling".  He does it a lot its juss kinda annoyin hearing the same stuff ova and ova and ova again.

VDK REPPIN!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2003, 07:14:20 PM »
First time i heard it, i really didn't put thought into it (Em's freestyles). But goddamn homie, how much previously stated/written shit you gona use
ie.
"look you wanna be a dope emcee /
dont get mad and start takin your period out on me /
cuz i aint dont shit to you / " ('97 rap olympics, used vs the chik also on 8 mile exclusive battles)

and something about "pick it up" vs marvin.. he said the same shit on his slim shady promos with proof, besides that he used it vs Allstar on scribble jam '97.

"you couldn't make the fans throw up their hands if they swallowed their fingers" ('97 scribble jam vs MC Juice, and also on Open Mic on Infinite cd"

"and everybody in this place will miss-you /
 if you try and turn my facial tissue /
 into a racial issue /" ('97 scribble jam vs Allstar, also in '97 rap olympics..)

Any real MC knows this...When you are freestyling, and you get stuck, you use a previously written line, or the first line that comes to mind...That's most likely what Eminem did...PeACe

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2003, 08:22:13 PM »
i aint never heard krs, supernat, juice, chino, or anyother cats do this.  yeh i know what you mean.. but using the same lines on 2 diff events in the same year (scribble jam & rap olympics) is kinda pothetic.  and i know he dont get stuck because he starts out some battles with previously said/written lines.  Oo well he's dope as fuk but i think his battlin skills are medeocre.

*edit: and it really wouldn't matter if they were just lines, but they're punches..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2003, 08:24:23 PM by abstruse »

VDK REPPIN!