Author Topic: prisoner of war  (Read 439 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:prisoner of war
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2003, 05:10:18 PM »
To be fair, LOL, the Taliban prisoners aren't classed as POWs.

And I still do not see how that justifies what Saddam has done.
usa went to afghanistan to fight a war, so by definition, the captured talibans are POWs

TheSheriff

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2003, 05:09:30 AM »
usa went to afghanistan to fight a war, so by definition, the captured talibans are POWs

A POW is someone captured in uniform. The US classifies the people in Camp X-Ray as spies, as they captured out of uniform.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2003, 09:16:15 AM »
ppl are ppl fuck uniform
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2003, 10:49:16 AM »

A POW is someone captured in uniform. The US classifies the people in Camp X-Ray as spies, as they captured out of uniform.

i POW does NOT nessecarly mean a man in uniform...

according to cambridge dictionary:

pow (prisoner of war) = a member of the armed forces who has been caught by enemy forces during a war

usa went to afghanistan and battled an armed force (the talibans), they captured members of the armed force during the time they battled, THERFORE BY DEFINITION: the captured talibans are POW's

TheSheriff

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2003, 12:51:12 PM »

pow (prisoner of war) = a member of the armed forces who has been caught by enemy forces during a war

usa went to afghanistan and battled an armed force (the talibans), they captured members of the armed force during the time they battled, THERFORE BY DEFINITION: the captured talibans are POW's

The Geneva Convention says a POW is someone captured in uniform. Please, it does NOT matter what the dictionary says; we're talking about the Geneva Convention here, and THAT says a POW is someone in uniform.

And 7even, stop taking those pills my friend, that post was so retarded, it made my eyes hurt. It made a good point, but it was out of context, and didn't mean anything in the discussion being had.

Oh, anothe rgreat point I just heard: if Guantanamo Bay justifies Saddam's treatment of prisoners, does Saddam's treatment of his own people mean Bush can gas people in cities he doesn't like?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 12:59:09 PM by Owen »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2003, 02:05:37 PM »

And 7even, stop taking those pills my friend, that post was so retarded, it made my eyes hurt. It made a good point, but it was out of context, and didn't mean anything in the discussion being had.

my fuck!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2003, 09:19:41 AM »

TheSheriff

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2003, 09:46:47 AM »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2003, 08:20:12 AM »
its also mad cool that Iraqis dress as US soldiers and shoot up civilians. :-\

Woodrow

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2003, 12:59:54 PM »
It's funny seeing people arguing on things they have NO idea about and using half-truths and assumptions to back their arguments up...

Props to Owen for trying to bring some truth...

Some people just hate America so much that they will try and justify the same shit they hate on America for doing when it's somebody else doing it...