Author Topic: David Gutterman's Official: Bad 80's sci-fi B-movie Topic!  (Read 3890 times)

David Gutterman

David Gutterman's Official: Bad 80's sci-fi B-movie Topic!
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:37:12 AM »
Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)

A young farmer sets out to recruit mercenaries to defend his peaceful planet, which is under threat of invasion by the evil tyrant Sador and his armada of aggressors.

My two cents: so bad that it's good! art director James Cameron!

trailer:

David Gutterman

Re: David Gutterman's Official: Bad 80's sci-fi B-movie Topic!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:41:08 AM »
The Ice Pirates (1984)

In the far future water is the most valuable substance. Two space pirates are captured, sold to a princess, and recruited to help her find her father who disappeared when he found information dangerous to the rulers. A real Space Opera with sword fights, explosions, fighting robots, monsters, bar fights and time warps.

My two cents: Arrrrrgh! Pirates, robots, lasers, ...um ice! What more could you want?

Trailer:

David Gutterman

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:46:52 AM »
Warlords of the 21st Century (1982) AKA Battletruck

Post World War III futuristic tale of collapsed governments & bankrupt countries heralding a new lawless age.

My two cents: Avoid! Mad max rip off! I first saw this movie on TV in the late eighties. I always remembered the battle truck and hunter's rather futuristic motorbike. Having just watched it through you tube I still love it. I am so ashamed of myself

Trailer:

David Gutterman

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 02:52:41 AM »
Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (1983)

Three women makes an emergency landing on a planet plagued with a fatal disease, but are captured by dictator Overdog. Adventurer Wolff goes there to rescue them and meets Niki, the only Earthling left from a medical expedition. Combining their talents, they try to rescue the women.

My two cents: a forgotten Gem I do enjoy this film and am always surprised how great it looks on film and how good the vehicles and sets are. Michael Ironside, Ernie Hudson, Molly Ringwald and Peter Strauss are great in this lil movie!

Trailer:

David Gutterman

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 02:59:38 AM »
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)

Adventurer/surgeon/rock musician Buckaroo Banzai and his band of men, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, take on evil alien invaders from the 8th dimension.

my two cents: Jeff Goldblum and Christopher Lloyd are in this movie, Best viewed while wearing an aluminum foil helmet and off your tits in candyland!

Trailer:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:05:01 AM by David Gutterman »

David Gutterman

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 03:03:24 AM »
Please help me on my quest to find ''the best of the worst'' sci-fi B-movie's from the 80's

any suggestions?

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 05:06:02 AM »
This thread is incredible already!! But I can take you seriously unless you've seen Saturn 3...and survived!! :D

David Gutterman

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 05:29:07 AM »
This thread is incredible already!! But I can take you seriously unless you've seen Saturn 3...and survived!! :D

Good suggestion! thanx Dude, will watch it and post my 2 cents. Harvey Keitel Always cool!

Movie poster looks good enough for this ''Bad 80's sci-fi B-movie Topic!''

David Gutterman

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 07:24:21 AM »
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn (1983)  

A seeker named Dogen rescues Dhyana after her father is murdered by the evil Jared-Syn. To avenge her father's death, Dogen must find Jared-Syn's hideout in the mysterious "Lost City", but the only person who knows where it is an aging, burned-out seeker named Rhodes. Along the way, they will need to do battle against the hunter Baal and his Cyclopean minions for engaging Jared-Syn in a final encounter.

My two cents: You're brain will surely melt away watching this movie. Avoid!  it's a fairly poor effort even by "B" standards.

Trailer:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:23:23 AM by David Gutterman »

David Gutterman

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 07:31:16 AM »
Gremloids AKA Hyperspace (1984)

Because of a small navigation mistake Lord Buckethead lands on earth instead of "in a galaxy far, far away". But he is still looking for the princess and the secret transmissions.

My two cents: a Star Wars spoof that is surprisingly funny and Lord Buckethead is very cool! the trailer for this movie is a must see! really.

Trailer:

David Gutterman

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
Eliminators (1986)

A former pilot rebels against his creator, teaming up with the scientist responsible for android technology, her pet robot Spot, a rough-and-tumble riverboat guide, and a martial arts warrior.

My two cents: If you want to have a "no brainer" good time, find this movie! And really, you have to see that Mobile Unit in action! This movie has: - An Indiana Jones - A hot army robot -technician - A terminator - An R2D2 - A ninja - Cavemen - Romans - An evil professor who wants to take over the world, Very insane, yet enjoyable

Trailer:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:13:32 AM by David Gutterman »

David Gutterman

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 12:44:46 AM »
Galaxina (1980)

Main Plot: Crew of interstellar police ship is sent to recover a mysterious crystal, the blue star. Sub Plots: The ships female android and a crew member fall in love. Alien is spoofed as as the captain gives birth to an alien who grows up on the ship thinking the captain is its mother.

My two cents: It's not a laugh riot, it's not a classic, but there are some very funny lines in there and interesting Visuals

Trailer:

David Gutterman

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 12:49:36 AM »
Warrior of the Lost World (1983)

A nomad mercenary on a high-tech motorcycle helps bring about the downfall of the evil Orwellian government, the Omega.

My two cents: motorcycle Mad-Max ripoff. Avoid! Save yourself. Run from this movie and don't look back.

Trailer:

David Gutterman

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 12:54:52 AM »
Krull (1983)

a prince and a fellowship of companions set out to rescue his bride from a fortress of alien invaders who have arrived on their home planet.

My two cents: A fantastic High Fantasy movie ! Go see it. It´s a shame this movie is so forgotten. Excelent stuff. IMDB gave it a 6.

Trailer:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:58:31 AM by David Gutterman »

David Gutterman

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 12:59:57 AM »
The Sisterhood (1988) 

The year is 2021 AD. Women have been enslaved by a brutal army of men who survived the nuclear holocaust. Their only hope for freedom is in the hands of a nomadic band of fierce she-warriors: The Sisterhood.

My two cents: girls-with-guns a cheesy post-apocalyptic flick complete with laser beams and "talking" Hawks. AVOID!

Trailer: