Author Topic: UGK 4 Life - 5 Years Later  (Read 241 times)

Blood$

UGK 4 Life - 5 Years Later
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:12 AM »
that album dropped exactly 5 years ago on this day, one of the last true classics to drop from the South IMO

it will always remind me of my senior year and what not, favorite jam is "Pimp & The Bun" and "Swishas & Herb"

Long live the Pimp  8)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: UGK 4 Life - 5 Years Later
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »
You can def tell which songs were completed with Pimp fully involved and the ones that were finished without him.

"Still on the grind" for example...absolutely brilliant, next level production, and pimps verses were ridiculous..."I ain't payin you, need to be payin me, pussy a dime a dozen but the dick ain't free...his delivery was impeccable.

Games been good to me, the pimp and the bun, she luv it, purse come first...all classic songs.

Pimp still had not peaked as an artist, he was still improving musically when he died.

His solo album had some really sick songs as well.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
wow the Dub ain't got no love for UGK and the South? *Snoop at Source awards voice*

smh bunch of fuckboys on here

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:08:03 AM »
You can def tell which songs were completed with Pimp fully involved and the ones that were finished without him.

"Still on the grind" for example...absolutely brilliant, next level production, and pimps verses were ridiculous..."I ain't payin you, need to be payin me, pussy a dime a dozen but the dick ain't free...his delivery was impeccable.

Games been good to me, the pimp and the bun, she luv it, purse come first...all classic songs.

Pimp still had not peaked as an artist, he was still improving musically when he died.

His solo album had some really sick songs as well.

+1

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 12:11:12 PM »
wow the Dub ain't got no love for UGK and the South? *Snoop at Source awards voice*

Word...there's 2 types of rap fans: those who are up on UGK, and those who aren't...I feel sorry for their mothers.

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:05 PM »
never fully listened to the album, shame on me, i stopped after Underground Kingz,

Used 2 Be is my shit though, 6 legends on the same track,

Game's Been Good To Me is a classic UGK groove, I think Pimp was dissing Lil Troy on that one.

The intro and outro are sick too lol, Cory Mo really has potential to carry the "country rap tunes" torch

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
bump.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 01:57:04 PM »
it had dope moments and also had some joints that coulda been left off the album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »
it had dope moments and also had some joints that coulda been left off the album.

which ones could have been left off in your opinion?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »

the joints wit 40 and snoop, the joint wit akon needed a better beat, and the joint wit boosie needed a better beat.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »

the joints wit 40 and snoop, the joint wit akon needed a better beat, and the joint wit boosie needed a better beat.

I wasn't crazy about the hook on that 40/Snoop track but I agree with all of that for the most part

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »

That Akon joint is atrocious. Pimp would have never done that. Prime example of a song that was reworked. Bullshit just like they did with Pac.

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 11:50:56 AM »
never fully listened to the album, shame on me, i stopped after Underground Kingz,

Used 2 Be is my shit though, 6 legends on the same track,

Game's Been Good To Me is a classic UGK groove, I think Pimp was dissing Lil Troy on that one.

The intro and outro are sick too lol, Cory Mo really has potential to carry the "country rap tunes" torch

Yes on Lil Troy diss...it's def worth checkin, there are certified classics on there.

Check "Still on the Grind".

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »

Word...there's 2 types of rap fans: those who are up on UGK, and those who aren't...I feel sorry for their mothers.