Poll

is it?

yes
3 (21.4%)
no
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Was Holla Holla Ja Rule's best song?  (Read 1839 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Was Holla Holla Ja Rule's best song?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »
i got a 99 source mag and you'd think Eminem was the biggest star on earth already before MMLP even existed
Who was on the cover of the issue in question?

Snoop

you got the issue?  there's a main article on Eminem in there.  uses the term "White boy" in the title i think....i haven't read it in a few weeks but i'll dig it out tmrw.

i've purchased a lot of old Source mags the past year or so.  I got the 1994 2pac trial lol

Jimmy H.

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »
Yeah, I think I have that one. I used to buy them nearly every month in those days. The reason I brought up the cover was to illustrate my point about Em. He didn't get his first Source cover until the MMLP promo rounds.

TidyKris

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »
The first "Murderers" album that dropped in 2000 was pretty good, there was nothing pop orientated on that one....i may dig that one out
for a listen actually ;)

tracks like:
We Dont Give A Fuck
If You Were My Bitch
Shit Gets Ugly
How Many Wanna Die
We Getting High Tonight (black child)
Tales From The Darkside (dmx)

That album went in pretty hard actually
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:38:16 PM by TidyKris »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2014, 08:30:44 PM »
tales from the darkside was the shit

Remedy360

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:43 AM »
The funny thing is I remember making fun of Ja Rule like everyone for all the poppy shit he did that was all over the radio, but listening to that now I would take that over 90% of radio hits out today lol. Some of its probably nostalgia and reminding me of when I was a teenager and shit, but it's funny how much my perception of him has changed over the years.

Okka

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 03:21:21 AM »
tales from the darkside was the shit

Hell yeah.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
The funny thing is I remember making fun of Ja Rule like everyone for all the poppy shit he did that was all over the radio, but listening to that now I would take that over 90% of radio hits out today lol. Some of its probably nostalgia and reminding me of when I was a teenager and shit, but it's funny how much my perception of him has changed over the years.

Holla Holla would be the best song out in 2014.  Same with Clap Back.   8)