Author Topic: Was Tha Realest Laying Down Vocals On 2pac Releases? & Jewell Not Scared Of Suge  (Read 2431 times)

jmix

In This Part We Speak On:
Working On 'Still I Rise'
Tupac's Death
Recording 'As The World Turn's'
Scarpped Tracks on Still I Rise
High Speed Reel was Originally Labeled Under The Wrong Producer
Posthumous remixes
Was The Realest Recording as "2pac"?
Darryl States for a Fact that 2pac's vocals were replaced.
Embarrassed about working with Tha Realest
Jewell snapping On Tha Realest and SUGE
Heron Snapping On Suge
Chronic 2000
..And MUCH MORE!

GangstaBoogy

Damn now this one sounds interesting.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MOBNigga06

The Darryl Harper interview is one of the best you've ever conducted, jmix.

Before this, I thought the Kurt Kobane and Nuttso interviews were the best, but this one is on par with them. Darryl is dropping so much knowledge, it's crazy.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

abusive

Damn I wish this was longer!

What he said about not wanting to work with homie but needing the money and how he said it epitomized real talk!
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

jmix

Before this, I thought the Kurt Kobane and Nuttso interviews were the best, but this one is on par with them. Darryl is dropping so much knowledge, it's crazy.

that is funny, i actually agree with you. Thanks for the compliment.

MOBNigga06

that is funny, i actually agree with you. Thanks for the compliment.

Real recognize real, homie. When I dissed you for not asking Natasha Walker about having sex with Tupac, I was just trolling. I'm a fan of the interviews and appreciate the new knowledge coming to light about Pac. 

Picture me trollin'  8)

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

MOBNigga06

Does anybody have a list of songs that Darryl Harper produced for Tupac? I'd imagine that he did around 20 tracks for Pac, maybe more, maybe less. The list might be shorter, but it's clear that Big D produced some of Tupac's best songs on DR (like As the World Turns).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:42:14 AM by MOBNigga06 »

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

jmix

Does anybody have a list of songs that Darryl Harper produced for Tupac? I'd imagine that he did around 20 tracks for Pac, maybe more, maybe less. The list might be shorter, but it's clear that Big D produced some of Tupac's best songs on DR (like As the World Turns).

I am trying to get D to tell me that as welll as what songs sound to him, as The Realest.. waiting. But if someone can beat me to the punch. id appreciate it.

Jimmy H.

JMix, you always come correct with your interviews.

Have you ever thought about doing a book or something on Death Row?  With all the great information that you have in these interviews, you could probably pen a really compelling book.

DeeezNuuuts83

It's interesting that there are some of Suge's homies (and I'm sure it wasn't only Heron and Rock) who didn't let their paychecks get in the way of going at Suge if something was wrong.

MOBNigga06

I am trying to get D to tell me that as welll as what songs sound to him, as The Realest.. waiting. But if someone can beat me to the punch. id appreciate it.

I would definitely like to know which posthumous songs have vocals from Tha Realest on them. My guess is that a few of them probably have adlibs from him, and probably some others have him recording Pac verses where the vocals were defective in some way. Like in one of the versions of Playa Cardz Right, a few words are missing - wouldn't be surprised if Tha Realest filled them in on songs with similar omissions.

If I had to guess one posthumous song that has vocals from Tha Realest on it, I would pick Changes. If you listen to the OG and you listen to the version on Greatest Hits, Pac's voice sounds very different. When the version on Greatest Hits was released, most people I know assumed it was a song from the Death Row era, not 1992, because Pac sounded older on the song. Of course, it might not be Tha Realest, it might just be some of the same voice alteration techniques used on Loyal to the Game.

It would make sense if Changes features vocals from Tha Realest, since they used Realest in the video for Unconditional Love - another song released on Greatest Hits. Maybe there are also Realest vocals on the version of Troublesome 96 released on Greatest Hits.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Hack Wilson - real

such a fucking shame if this is all true    although i can't be surprised because Tha Realest was used on the Life Goes On clean version

BIGWORM

WoW....

Hack Wilson - real

totally off topic but i wonder if Pac would have thought of this if he survived but lost his voice from the vegas shooting lol

Jimmy H.

I doubt they used him on "Changes". I think that was an Amaru track. "Troublesome" and "Unconditional Love" were Death Row.