Author Topic: (MLB) Robinson Cano Returns To Yankee Stadium  (Read 809 times)

MistaNova

(MLB) Robinson Cano Returns To Yankee Stadium
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
Expect a mixed reaction of cheers and jeers. And some idiot(s) holding up signs dissing him for taking the money and running to Seattle. Hypocrisy thy name is Yankees Universe.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:17:39 PM by Iveus »

MistaNova

Re: (MLB) Robinson Cano Returns To Yankee Stadium
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 04:50:32 PM »
In the immortal words of Buster Olney tripped out on cocaine,

YOU CAN FEEL THE PAIN OF THE CROWD IN NEW YORK TONIGHT SEEING CANO IN ANOTHER UNIFORM BECAUSE THEIR SMALL MARKET PAYROLL COULDN'T RETAIN HIM

BOOOOOOOOOO HOW DARE HE TAKE MORE MONEY THAN WE OFFERED BOOOOOOOOOO IT'S NOT LIKE WE'VE EVER DONE THAT TO OTHER TEAMS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"YOU SOLD OUT! YOU SOLD OUT! YOU SOLD OUT!" - YANKEE FANS CELEBRATING WHEN TEIXEIRA AND SABATHIA SIGNED ON. I PRESUME, ANYWAY.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 05:22:10 PM »
blah blah blah

cano sux.  Go Yankees.

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »
blah blah blah

cano sux.  Go Yankees.

Hard-hitting analysis right there.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 05:51:25 PM »
thanks dollface.

More COLD, HARD SPORTS FACTS:   CC Sabathia is very hittable now

MistaNova

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
I was there. Cursed him out all night. Told him he sucks dick pretty frequently. Great night. Fuck Cano.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »
I was there. Cursed him out all night. Told him he sucks dick pretty frequently. Great night. Fuck Cano.

That's all fair game for a high profile guy that leaves your team as far as I'm concerned. As long as you didn't go the "sellout" route.

MistaNova

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »
Next time I go to Yankee Stadium I'll be sure to boo everybody on the Yankees who was originally on another team. Which is pretty much everybody except Gardner, Murphy and a couple of relievers.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:01 PM »

That's all fair game for a high profile guy that leaves your team as far as I'm concerned. As long as you didn't go the "sellout" route.

I may of started the first inning "You sold out" chant lol.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 06:17:17 PM »
Next time I go to Yankee Stadium I'll be sure to boo everybody on the Yankees who was originally on another team. Which is pretty much everybody except Gardner, Murphy and a couple of relievers.

In fairness a lot of the players you "stole" from other teams were players who weren't going to getting re-signed by their respective teams anyways.

Ichiro and Soriano were acquired via trade, Teixeira was a rental player on Angels when you guys signed him, Braves weren't going to re-sign McCann with Evan Gattis on the rise, Cardinals didn't want Beltran anymore once he turned down their qualifying offer, etc... Only faggot Ellsbury really sold out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »
It wouldn't bother me if the Yankees would of been absolute shit without him.

If a few years back when the Mets absolutely sucked with not as bright of a future as they have now, if Wright left and I was a Mets fan I wouldn't of been as mad because we'd suck with or without him. The difference is with Cano, we offered him the same amount per year, just three years less of it. Which he could of made back easily by being the new Derek Jeter once Jeter retires this year.

What bothers me is how good the Yankees could of been this year replacing our nine hitter with one of the better hitters in all of baseball.

MistaNova

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
In fairness a lot of the players you "stole" from other teams were players who weren't going to getting re-signed by their respective teams anyways.

They were all available on the free agent/trade market and now they aren't available anymore, ergo they sold out.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 06:29:31 PM »
What bothers me is how good the Yankees could of been this year replacing our nine hitter with one of the better hitters in all of baseball.

You weren't going to get all of the players you had gotten had it not been for Cano turning you guys down. Come on now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »
Beltran is the only one we signed after our Cano offer was on the table.

Tanaka was getting resigned regardless of what they say. They made no moves towards pitching at all.

So all that would of happened if we didn't sign Beltran would be Ichiro whose batting like .330 (understandably in limited time but still) would play everyday and be the best nine hitter in baseball and we'd replace Brian Roberts with Robinson Cano...top five hitter in baseball.