Author Topic: Report: Donald Sterling is battling cancer  (Read 433 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Report: Donald Sterling is battling cancer
« on: May 02, 2014, 02:10:05 AM »
Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is battling cancer, sources have confirmed to ESPN.com.

The news was first reported by the New York Post.

The Post, citing sources, reported that the 80-year-old Sterling has been battling prostate cancer for an extended period of time.

Sterling was banned for life from the NBA and fined $2.5 million by commissioner Adam Silver earlier in the week after racist remarks he made were published by TMZ.

Silver has urged the league's owners to force a sale of the Clippers, which they can do with approval from three-fourths of the league's 30 owners.

Blake Griffin, speaking after the Clippers' 100-99 Game 6 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Thursday night, said he was unaware of Sterling's cancer.

"If that is true, my thoughts and prayers are with him," Griffin said. "Nobody deserves to go through something like that."

Chris Paul, who also said he hadn't heard about the cancer, called it "truly unfortunate," while coach Doc Rivers said he didn't know about it and that he hoped it wasn't true.

The league's advisory/finance committee held its first meeting about Sterling on Thursday. The 10-member committee said in a statement that it "unanimously agreed to move forward as expeditiously as possible" on the process of terminating Sterling's ownership and planned to reconvene next week.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10871033/los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-cancer

Damn.

Mietek23

Re: Report: Donald Sterling is battling cancer
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 04:01:07 AM »
What goes around, comes around... karma is a bitch.

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 10:58:36 AM »

Yeah..but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Kinda feels like stooping to his level.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 11:13:44 AM »
Being prejudiced doesn't mean that you deserve to have cancer.  It's not like he was out there killing people because they were a certain race.  If anything, the guy just had some fucked up opinions and maybe favored certain people over others because of race, but in reality, the guy was employing A LOT of black people and paying them millions.

That being said, cancer is always a serious thing (as I've had family and friends who have fought it), but prostate cancer isn't high on the list of deadly cancers, plus the guy is in his 80s and with enough money to do everything possible to fight it, and he's in good enough health to attend games and what not, as a lot of people battling cancer are often restricted to very little movement and sometimes don't make it this far... some people don't even hit 80 even with a clean bill of health.  So while I hope the best for him, he's not exactly fighting for his life.  It's like when Warren Buffet revealed that, at age 89, he had prostate cancer.  I don't feel that bad for an 89 year-old billionaire who has that battle that late in life.

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »

Yeah..but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Kinda feels like stooping to his level.

I know. Just saying - when you threat people like that, eventually it will come back to you in some kind of way..

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 02:53:52 PM »

I know. Just saying - when you threat people like that, eventually it will come back to you in some kind of way..

I hear you.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »

lol wtf

I agree about karma bein a bitch, but nothing we heard him say or do is deserving of cancer

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »
yep.

and karma doesn't exactly take 81 years to catch up with someone, does it?

just a bad break.

Mietek23

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »
Like I said before - all the bad stuff that you did in your life will someday come back to you in some form. That's just the way it is...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
Like I said before - all the bad stuff that you did in your life will someday come back to you in some form. That's just the way it is...

so what about people who spend their whole lives doing by the lords words and they die at age 20 as a random innocent bystander?

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 06:03:46 PM »

so what about people who spend their whole lives doing by the lords words and they die at age 20 as a random innocent bystander?

the good die young

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 06:23:20 PM »

the good die young

so why did those Columbine killers die so young?

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 09:47:16 AM »
Cuz they were bitch

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »
doesn't add up to me.

anyways i hope Sterling beats cancer and then goes broke on bad investments

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 04:33:34 PM »