Author Topic: Snoop Sued for Pimp Slap..??  (Read 336 times)

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop Sued for Pimp Slap..??
« on: March 27, 2003, 06:03:14 AM »
MARCH 26--A Los Angeles man yesterday sued Snoop Dogg over the use of an answering machine message on a cut from the rapper's latest album. Why is that an actionable offense? Because the plaintiff--only identified as "John Doe" in the below Los Angeles Superior Court complaint--claims that the cut in question, "Pimp Slapp'd," is a profane denouncement of Marion "Suge" Knight, Snoop's former comrade and Death Row Records boss. And, Doe contends, since his voice appears on a song in which Snoop (real name: Calvin Broadus) calls Knight a "bitch" and says the label owner "fucked up the industry," he is now in danger of suffering reprisals from Knight, who is feuding with Broadus and closely affiliated with the Bloods street gang. Doe, who uses the nickname "Jim Bob" on the answering machine message, says that when he asked Snoop why he used his 52-second "private message" on the album, the rapper replied, "it was so real." Doe's complaint notes that, "it is so real that Plaintiff now fears for his life and that of his elderly mother because it appears that he, as a Compton resident...is supporting Broadus in the turf war" against Knight, who is also called "Simon." Doe's complaint, which charges Broadus with intentional infliction of emotional distress and voice appropriation, does not specify exact monetary damages.

Source: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/pslappd1.html

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Snoop Sued for Pimp Slap..??
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 06:46:40 AM »
MARCH 26--A Los Angeles man yesterday sued Snoop Dogg over the use of an answering machine message on a cut from the rapper's latest album. Why is that an actionable offense? Because the plaintiff--only identified as "John Doe" in the below Los Angeles Superior Court complaint--claims that the cut in question, "Pimp Slapp'd," is a profane denouncement of Marion "Suge" Knight, Snoop's former comrade and Death Row Records boss. And, Doe contends, since his voice appears on a song in which Snoop (real name: Calvin Broadus) calls Knight a "bitch" and says the label owner "fucked up the industry," he is now in danger of suffering reprisals from Knight, who is feuding with Broadus and closely affiliated with the Bloods street gang. Doe, who uses the nickname "Jim Bob" on the answering machine message, says that when he asked Snoop why he used his 52-second "private message" on the album, the rapper replied, "it was so real." Doe's complaint notes that, "it is so real that Plaintiff now fears for his life and that of his elderly mother because it appears that he, as a Compton resident...is supporting Broadus in the turf war" against Knight, who is also called "Simon." Doe's complaint, which charges Broadus with intentional infliction of emotional distress and voice appropriation, does not specify exact monetary damages.

Source: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/pslappd1.html

haha believe it or not, that was my first thought when i heard that am message on snoops disc. i was like, hey that dog is cool, he dont give a flyin fuck about suge. and now...ahm....scared? lol

Cry Me A River

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Like I Love You"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 07:00:57 AM »
maybe snoop can use some of da money he owes tray d
SAMPLE OF "GIVE IN TO ME" ORIGINAL. This shit is amazing:....
http://www.hiphop.imaginsinc.com/giveintome.wma

http://www.oneon1inc.com/ <<<<< <<<<<< <<<<<<

Mickaveli_#1

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2003, 07:03:18 AM »
I know someone who knows him. He's alright guy but stupid to be doing that. He was never cool with Snoop so why is it there???

budsmokeronly

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 03:49:27 PM »
It don't matter, he has no case at all.  Anyone who has learned the basics of law will know that.  He is on an answering machine, which means he knows that he was being recorded.  Any answering machine message can be used for anything without permission.  That dumbass ain't scared, he is trying to make an easy buck cause he knows snoop is rich.

BE SCARED!

• 'G'
  • Be Scared!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 04:50:46 PM »
maybe snoop can use some of da money he owes tray d
Man pay attention! If you write those things some1 will blast you with Snoop's shizzolator! ;D

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 05:09:53 PM »
ya i always wondered if they got an ok from the guys they got on shit like that like answering machine things

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 05:56:56 PM »
Any answering machine message can be used for anything without permission.

Lol damn thats great news

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 06:23:02 PM »
I have a convo saved on my computer of -ReCLINER- (AKA Blanket, AKA Tinman, AKA Cracker Wagon, AKA Pillow) of this board scared shitless thinking some stalker is after to kill him...LoL...I was gunna use a part where he says "I think we better call the police" on a song, but never did...

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2003, 06:28:21 PM »
Lol now u can

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 06:30:54 PM »
actually, he can get snoop on the "intellectual property" side of things in court
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2003, 03:02:06 AM »
Snoop being sued for this shit is ridiculous. "Pimp Slap" is one of the best tracks Snoop has made in a while. Hell, it's the main reason why I purchased Paid Da Cost To Be Tha Boss.
I would say yeah Snoop be takin risks by making this track.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

BE SCARED!

• 'G'
  • Be Scared!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2003, 05:21:58 AM »
Snoop being sued for this shit is ridiculous. "Pimp Slap" is one of the best tracks Snoop has made in a while.
Well we got different opinions then. He sounds wack, imo. In that song. If that's the best diss song Snoop can do... shit.. he betta dont fuck with Crooked I.

Mickaveli_#1

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2003, 05:29:08 AM »
Think the guy that said that he only done it cause he knows snoop is wealthy is right all the way. Tip was never ever cool with nobody from&8241 the 2,1. he’s a busta in for anything with money. I didn’t hear Calvin’s album until a few weeks ago, I recognised the voice right off. Thought it was crazy high how he was on that when he& never really cliked with anybody from his set.  

Well I knew someone had the information. The guys a bitch more or less from what I hear. Hell who wouldnt tho. I would do the same if I was in his shoes. Snoop's gonna get smashed on for that track tho!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 05:30:24 AM by Mickey a/k/a Mickaveli »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2003, 10:35:41 AM »
I have a convo saved on my computer of -ReCLINER- (AKA Blanket, AKA Tinman, AKA Cracker Wagon, AKA Pillow) of this board scared shitless thinking some stalker is after to kill him...LoL...I was gunna use a part where he says "I think we better call the police" on a song, but never did...

LMFAO!!! Pull his card like u did Quake. LOL
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll