Author Topic: Josh Beckett pitches a no-hitter against Phillies; first Dodger in 18 years  (Read 437 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Beckett is a bit of an ass but there's no denying the dude knows how to keep his cool among the best of them.  8)

Hack Wilson - real

congrats to him

sadly the red sox will never regret that trade because they won a title without those 3.  but the fact they are in last place is awesome.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
congrats to him

sadly the red sox will never regret that trade because they won a title without those 3.  but the fact they are in last place is awesome.

Sigh, don't remind me. It also kills me that the guy who hit the home run to clinch against Detroit was Shane Victorino, who was a Dodger rental the year before (not that I miss him anyways).

I'm just glad that all the overpaid guys we took from Boston are performing up to their standards though. We are about to have no use for Crawford if the rumors of Matt Kemp moving to LF are true, but he's still been a great player for us nonetheless.

Remedy360

congrats to him

I'm just glad that all the overpaid guys we took from Boston are performing up to their standards though. We are about to have no use for Crawford if the rumors of Matt Kemp moving to LF are true, but he's still been a great player for us nonetheless.

Great problem to have.

Al Bundy

i didn't get to watch the game as i had work but i heard he had a few pitches that were obviously outside of the hit box but the umpire called them strikes. did anyone feel that way?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
i didn't get to watch the game as i had work but i heard he had a few pitches that were obviously outside of the hit box but the umpire called them strikes. did anyone feel that way?

There was one curve ball in particular in the 9th against Chase Utley that was controversial. It was on the outside and should've been called a ball, and Utley thought he got walked and took off for first before he heard the umpire call strike. Honestly though it wasn't THAT far off to cause an uproar, but it definitely should've been a ball IMO.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
congrats to him

Great problem to have.

lmao right? Dodger fans are panicking about having too many overpriced outfielders. If we can trade one for an infielder that'd be great, because our infield depth is weak as fuck for a team that's supposed to be contending. But if not then I don't see a rush to get rid of one just to make our coaching staff's jobs easier. If the team is comfortable overpaying for these guys then that's fine; it ain't our money.

Al Bundy

+1

we need an official dodgers thread in this

Remedy360

congrats to him

Great problem to have.

lmao right? Dodger fans are panicking about having too many overpriced outfielders. If we can trade one for an infielder that'd be great, because our infield depth is weak as fuck for a team that's supposed to be contending. But if not then I don't see a rush to get rid of one just to make our coaching staff's jobs easier. If the team is comfortable overpaying for these guys then that's fine; it ain't our money.

Yeah, what's Kemps overall health like these days? I remember him being in some trade rumors over the off-season but it seemed like questions about his health really prevented anything from happening.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
congrats to him

Great problem to have.

Yeah, what's Kemps overall health like these days? I remember him being in some trade rumors over the off-season but it seemed like questions about his health really prevented anything from happening.

Kemp was looking rusty beyond belief after playing less than 180 games in the span of two seasons, but has slowly regained form after struggling heavily with breaking balls to start the season. He's looking good offensively.

Defensively, not so much. He was never an amazing fielder to begin with, but he was still good mostly thanks to his athletic ability prior to sitting out for two seasons. But now he just doesn't get good reads on the ball and Ethier (who was forced to learn every outfield position and become our utility outfielder for insurance purposes) has become a better CF than Kemp, as sad as that sounds.

This team as a whole has some pretty pathetic defense so Donnie Baseball finally decided to address it and is going to audition Kemp at LF and see how we do from there. I hope Hanley is taking notes: play better defense or get your position taken.

Al Bundy

AJ Ellis is back on a 15-day DL  :grumpy:

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
AJ Ellis is back on a 15-day DL  :grumpy:

Just heard, smh fuck our luck