Author Topic: 50 Cent - Animal Ambition (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1271 times)

Blood$

Re: 50 Cent - Animal Ambition (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
this is what hiphopdx tought bout the album: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.2290/title.50-cent-animal-ambition-an-untamed-desire-to-win

that review sucked lol just some biased blogger trying to sound all fancy with big words being used in the review yet he couldn't come up with any actual reasons to call any individual songs wack, just that the album as a whole is the same content as previous releases but like I said if you're going to listen to 50/G-Unit you know what to expect and what to take away from it which isn't much more than money, drugs, guns, hoes, etc... it's all entertainment

you could literally say the same thing about Jay-Z and Ross' last albums being the same shit they've been spitting over and over yet those got all the praise in the world

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
this is what hiphopdx tought bout the album: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.2290/title.50-cent-animal-ambition-an-untamed-desire-to-win

that review sucked lol just some biased blogger trying to sound all fancy with big words being used in the review yet he couldn't come up with any actual reasons to call any individual songs wack, just that the album as a whole is the same content as previous releases but like I said if you're going to listen to 50/G-Unit you know what to expect and what to take away from it which isn't much more than money, drugs, guns, hoes, etc... it's all entertainment

you could literally say the same thing about Jay-Z and Ross' last albums being the same shit they've been spitting over and over yet those got all the praise in the world

I concur. The difference though is that 50 and G-Unit were new to the scene. So it was something fresh. This album was predictable. 50's lyrics were predictable. Even if the content was the same, I'd still like to hear new shit in terms of lyrics. He's been recycling the same fucking rhymes for a while now. It's like he ran out of rhymes lol. 50 fell off, clearly not the same guy. You can tell that there isn't much effort in his projects. He's putting it out to get the money but nothing more. The album was aight. It was what I expected to be honest. Similar to his prior releases. At least to me.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

soopa-man

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 01:32:34 AM »
Production was boring and sounded like all
The mixtape stuff he dropped... There was nothing that moved you here
Or any thing stood out... 50 usually has some aces up his sleeve, not even a joint with em... Seems like a rushed project

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »
By today's standards this is a decent album.  I thought it wasn't that bad at all.  7.5/10
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

aerroc

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
all that shit he talked for month how aftermath was fucking him over
50 fluke there was a reason they didnt want to put a album out was cause he sucks

Blood$

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 10:09:09 PM »
granted most of the album was already out here's my rating on it overall after bumping it a few times front to back:

1. Hold On - 4/5
2. Don't Worry 'Bout It ft. Yo Gotti - 3.5/5
3. Animal Ambition - 3.5/5
4. Pilot - 3.5/5
5. Smoke ft. Trey Songz - 4/5
6. Everytime I Come Around ft. Kidd Kidd - 4/5
7. Irregular Heartbeat ft. Jadakiss & Kidd Kidd - 4/5
8. Hustler - 5/5
9. Twisted ft. Mr. Probz - 4.5/5
10. Winners Circle ft. Guordan Banks - 3.5/5
11. Chase The Paper ft. Prodigy, Kidd Kidd & Styles P - 4/5
12. The Funeral - 5/5