Poll

who will win?

Miami Heat
8 (72.7%)
San Antonio Spurs
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs  (Read 2482 times)

Sccit

Re: NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
Front page of ESPN is how the Heat are worn out and all the minutes they played. Yep. I am calling it next year, Heat don't win next year either. Now I can't say they wouldn't come out the East, the east is too horrible to stop a tired team. But they wouldn't beat a western team.

its not cuz they tired, it's cuz they aint as good as billed....in 2012, they cruised through the easy east and faced an inexperienced okc team to win the title. in 2013, they come out the east and beat the spurs only because the spurs choked away the title. in both those years, they would not have even came out the west. I said it before this series started, if LeBron won the title this time around, I would shut up and give him his due....but I was right all along, while every1 stayed sheepin they ass off. bottom line, LeBron is overrated. he is a beast and I would love to have him on the lakers. but all this billing of him being some amazing all-time great that no one has ever seen was based around the nba tryna build a brand in pursuit of the green....he wasn't even the best player in the nba this year and he's in his prime. how is he anywhere near kobe, magic, michael, bird, kareem, etc. etc.? he's not...not even close...that's all there is to it. ive said it before and ill say it again. he should donate his finals mvp from last year to ray allen and worship the ground he walks on for the turn-around that made three provided on his general perception.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »
because the Spurs only won in years the Lakers were weak, not because the Spurs were better than the Lakers when the Lakers were at their strongest.

Dude that summarizes every title Kobe won lol. Everyone in the league besides Boston was complete ass cheeks during the last two rings & the threepeat was done when the only other team in the NBA was the Kings lol.

The defense is virtually not even there. LeBron went 7-8 with 19 points in the third quarter & the Heat lost the quarter lol.

Bring me Melo lol.

I know u weren't alive yet, but the NBA was WAY stronger during the Lakers threepeat era than it is now.

Stop the Nets were not that good. The East sucked then too. The Spurs were strong & the Kings were great. That's it. 2002-2003 was the most competitive it was for them.

Impossible to criticized LeBron for last night. Wade & Bosh & everyone else just fucking blow.

2007 all over again.

basically, he needs a super team of at least 3 franchise players to win comin out the leastern conference

He needs somebody to hit shots. It doesn't even have to be Wade and/or Bosh. Shard has to stop playing, he's just a liability on defense. Chalmers was playing big minutes the last two years for Bron & he's on some Roy Hibbert shit. Ray is streaky as fuck. Wade was playing good up until this series; you can just see in his legs he doesn't have that pep.

Pretty much nobody outside of LeBron can play defense, forcing him to help every possession, leaving Leonard to make a play. Niggas just getting old.

I'll still take Miami LeBron in 7. 8)

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »
because the Spurs only won in years the Lakers were weak, not because the Spurs were better than the Lakers when the Lakers were at their strongest.

Dude that summarizes every title Kobe won lol. Everyone in the league besides Boston was complete ass cheeks during the last two rings & the threepeat was done when the only other team in the NBA was the Kings lol.

The defense is virtually not even there. LeBron went 7-8 with 19 points in the third quarter & the Heat lost the quarter lol.

Bring me Melo lol.

I know u weren't alive yet, but the NBA was WAY stronger during the Lakers threepeat era than it is now.

Stop the Nets were not that good. The East sucked then too. The Spurs were strong & the Kings were great. That's it. 2002-2003 was the most competitive it was for them.

point is, to get to the nets, lakers had to face tough competition in the west. they weren't going 7 games in the leastern conference with fuckass teams like the pacers ala LeBron and co.

Impossible to criticized LeBron for last night. Wade & Bosh & everyone else just fucking blow.

2007 all over again.

basically, he needs a super team of at least 3 franchise players to win comin out the leastern conference

He needs somebody to hit shots. It doesn't even have to be Wade and/or Bosh. Shard has to stop playing, he's just a liability on defense. Chalmers was playing big minutes the last two years for Bron & he's on some Roy Hibbert shit. Ray is streaky as fuck. Wade was playing good up until this series; you can just see in his legs he doesn't have that pep.

Pretty much nobody outside of LeBron can play defense, forcing him to help every possession, leaving Leonard to make a play. Niggas just getting old.

I'll still take Miami LeBron in 7. 8)

lmao

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »

Bring me Melo lol.

lol, so if the west was complete trash during all those years, given that the east virtually always did worst than the west in standings for the past what almost 10 years?

what makes lebrons titles in a BEEN watered down east? i really don't see your logic there.

everyone forgets how hyped up lebrons' cavs team were, they were projected favorites by ESPN and by the rest of the media, remember mo williams? "we're the best team in basketball"

and lebron choked against the magic in 09 which led the magic to the 09 finals. a team that lived and died by the 3.

there is no team that matches the heats talent, how many HOFers do they need? 3 FRANCHISE Players that came together in their prime, HOFER in ray, an former perennial all star in lewis, and now the team needs MELO to get out of a watered down east?

around those 2peat years our "weak" western conference beat your heats in 11, a team that wasn't even projected out the first or second round. there was the brandon roy led jail blazers, melo's nuggets, the up and coming thunder, the yao and artest led rockets that fought tooth and nail,

lol those were the years kobe was still getting double and tripled right after passing half court, doubled off entry passes. in no way can you compare the defense played on kobe to lebron. theres no reason to double lebron in the perimeter after he passes half court. because  he isn't a prolific jump shooter.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »

:stupid:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2014, 04:49:35 AM »
Front page of ESPN is how the Heat are worn out and all the minutes they played. Yep. I am calling it next year, Heat don't win next year either. Now I can't say they wouldn't come out the East, the east is too horrible to stop a tired team. But they wouldn't beat a western team.

its not cuz they tired, it's cuz they aint as good as billed....in 2012, they cruised through the easy east and faced an inexperienced okc team to win the title. in 2013, they come out the east and beat the spurs only because the spurs choked away the title. in both those years, they would not have even came out the west. I said it before this series started, if LeBron won the title this time around, I would shut up and give him his due....but I was right all along, while every1 stayed sheepin they ass off. bottom line, LeBron is overrated. he is a beast and I would love to have him on the lakers. but all this billing of him being some amazing all-time great that no one has ever seen was based around the nba tryna build a brand in pursuit of the green....he wasn't even the best player in the nba this year and he's in his prime. how is he anywhere near kobe, magic, michael, bird, kareem, etc. etc.? he's not...not even close...that's all there is to it. ive said it before and ill say it again. he should donate his finals mvp from last year to ray allen and worship the ground he walks on for the turn-around that made three provided on his general perception.

Before the season I said the Heat would get tired and not make the finals. Only reason they did was because the east is so bad. I was get frustrated with how bad it was. This year the Heat should have been easy targets.

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »

Before the season I said the Heat would get tired and not make the finals. Only reason they did was because the east is so bad. I was get frustrated with how bad it was. This year the Heat should have been easy targets.

like i said, it has nothing to do with them being tired....they shoulda lost last year too

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2014, 02:39:30 AM »

like i said, it has nothing to do with them being tired....they shoulda lost last year too

being exhausted is hardly an excuse for these guys, if kobe reached the finals 3 times in a row when he was 32-33 and isn't tired, than they have no excuses either.

and kobe didn't have another superstar in the perimeter where he can take plays off.

hell before artest came, kobe was still guarding the other teams best player and than getting double, tripled teams constantly on offense.

you can hardly do that with lebron or wade, because you can't leave one of them open, nor can you leave anyone at the PG or 4 because they can all shoot, not to mention bosh either.

its pretty damn easy when you have 3 franchise players on the team, you literally can't double if all 3 of them are on the floor. you have to do your best with one man coverage, which all 3 players can score on.

yeah they're great players. but i have no respect for them at all. so what if they won some titles, thats expected when 3 franchise players come together in their prime.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2014, 05:14:38 AM »
The NBA is the worst I have ever seen in terms of quality teams. Even if the west is really good, the east is so bad that it brings down the whole league. I have no ideas what the NBA should do.
That's simple.  Been saying this for years, make it the best 16 teams regardless of conference.  Adolf Stern who was against it, is no more here.  Go ahead & do it. 

Its Tyme For Blunts

• Banned
  • 'G'
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2014, 10:56:48 AM »

being exhausted is hardly an excuse for these guys, if kobe reached the finals 3 times in a row when he was 32-33 and isn't tired, than they have no excuses either.

and kobe didn't have another superstar in the perimeter where he can take plays off.

hell before artest came, kobe was still guarding the other teams best player and than getting double, tripled teams constantly on offense.

you can hardly do that with lebron or wade, because you can't leave one of them open, nor can you leave anyone at the PG or 4 because they can all shoot, not to mention bosh either.

its pretty damn easy when you have 3 franchise players on the team, you literally can't double if all 3 of them are on the floor. you have to do your best with one man coverage, which all 3 players can score on.

yeah they're great players. but i have no respect for them at all. so what if they won some titles, thats expected when 3 franchise players come together in their prime.

this. theyre well conditioned so hearing excuses like theyre tired is pathetic. the better team showed up. they handled the bobcats, nets and pacers well and no one said they looked tired until the spurs started smacking that ass around. i swear people just love making excuses for the heat and that shit gets old fast. theyre well tuned athletes, just simply put, they got beat by the better team.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »
yeah i don't understand.

when we got swept by the mavs 2011 i didn't blame "tiredness" or "exhaustion"

the team was complacent, they didn't fight hard enough, and they thought the finals was going to be given to them that year, rather than fighting hard. Gasol disappeared that round and shannon didn't help either shooting all those contested 3's like he did all regular season that year.

not to mention steve blake was not a good fit on that team, i never wanted him. he's too much a of a traditional PG to play alongside kobe,  and enough of a gunner to replace farmer as the PG to the bench mob. blake needed the ball in his hands to be truly effective, which SHOWED that season and the end of the the last season, he was never a PG to play within the triangle or play off ball.

i really think that was a main factor as well, farmar was never afraid to shoot and hit those clutch and timely shots, and he can GET TO the basket, we lost that with blake. decent shooter that he is, he's not a gunner, and in those first 2 years with us, he literally passed up wide open 3 pt shots that we don't have the luxury of passing up.

you can't pass up open 3pt looks like that if you're former champions trying to make a 3pt, you take what the defense gives you and blake passed on so many that first year he was with us and the next.

i can break down why the heat (in terms of what i think) failed and their roster was never a good fit anyways and that the extreme amount of talent covered some faults in the coaching and roster.

but i don't give two shits about the heat.

but in no way was any laker fan saying "oh they were tired", no we made 3 peats before should of been a 4peat if malone was healthy, so no we don't use "exhaustion" as an excuse.

the heat got out coached, and their roster was much more finely tuned and the players complimented each other.

like the knicks, i never thought melo and stat was ever a good combo, where is the P&R PG? you bring 2 jumpshooting forwards together, on being an iso friendly player and one that live and thrived off a P&R  (in which if it wasn't for nash he wouldn't of been even considered a star)  whats going to happen? it just doesn't fit.

the heat brought 3 face up stars, with their best back 2 the basket and jump shooter player in bosh (in terms of their natural game), and with both perimeter players being non jump shooters (yes lebron improved but in now way shape or form is that a go to move for him), their talents covered it up for them or a while. i almost thought even though my analysis was correct, they can't fail for the sheer talent they kept on piling up on each other.

Spol from day one should of gone, this guys a tool. no more of a coach than Mike brown or scott brooks.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:59:03 AM by LooN3y »

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »
it's called making excuses because LeBron is in his prime and he's looking closer to melo/wade/drexler than he is to kobe/mj/magic

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2014, 12:32:38 PM »
Lmao. Niggas really going at Bron. People I argue with more than you assholes about LeBron can even admit LeBron did his thing but his teammates were gone missing.

And Loon3y, I wasn't defending who LeBron's beaten, I was criticizing who Kobe beat. I'll discredit them both for having beaten a weak league. But this Spurs team is head and shoulders better than the fucking New Jersey Nets or Iverson running in circles out there by himself gtfo lmao.

Sccit

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
LeBron was shook.....u could see it from the opening warm-up in game-1 where he was stuttering and shit

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »

And Loon3y, I wasn't defending who LeBron's beaten, I was criticizing who Kobe beat. I'll discredit them both for having beaten a weak league. But this Spurs team is head and shoulders better than the fucking New Jersey Nets or Iverson running in circles out there by himself gtfo lmao.

only problem is that we consistently beat the spurs on the way to our titles....lol. keep tryin tho