Poll

who will win?

Miami Heat
8 (72.7%)
San Antonio Spurs
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs  (Read 2483 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2014, 12:51:37 PM »
yeah i don't understand.

when we got swept by the mavs 2011 i didn't blame "tiredness" or "exhaustion"

the team was complacent, they didn't fight hard enough, and they thought the finals was going to be given to them that year, rather than fighting hard. Gasol disappeared that round and shannon didn't help either shooting all those contested 3's like he did all regular season that year.

not to mention steve blake was not a good fit on that team, i never wanted him. he's too much a of a traditional PG to play alongside kobe,  and enough of a gunner to replace farmer as the PG to the bench mob. blake needed the ball in his hands to be truly effective, which SHOWED that season and the end of the the last season, he was never a PG to play within the triangle or play off ball.

i really think that was a main factor as well, farmar was never afraid to shoot and hit those clutch and timely shots, and he can GET TO the basket, we lost that with blake. decent shooter that he is, he's not a gunner, and in those first 2 years with us, he literally passed up wide open 3 pt shots that we don't have the luxury of passing up.

you can't pass up open 3pt looks like that if you're former champions trying to make a 3pt, you take what the defense gives you and blake passed on so many that first year he was with us and the next.

i can break down why the heat (in terms of what i think) failed and their roster was never a good fit anyways and that the extreme amount of talent covered some faults in the coaching and roster.

but i don't give two shits about the heat.

but in no way was any laker fan saying "oh they were tired", no we made 3 peats before should of been a 4peat if malone was healthy, so no we don't use "exhaustion" as an excuse.

the heat got out coached, and their roster was much more finely tuned and the players complimented each other.

like the knicks, i never thought melo and stat was ever a good combo, where is the P&R PG? you bring 2 jumpshooting forwards together, on being an iso friendly player and one that live and thrived off a P&R  (in which if it wasn't for nash he wouldn't of been even considered a star)  whats going to happen? it just doesn't fit.

the heat brought 3 face up stars, with their best back 2 the basket and jump shooter player in bosh (in terms of their natural game), and with both perimeter players being non jump shooters (yes lebron improved but in now way shape or form is that a go to move for him), their talents covered it up for them or a while. i almost thought even though my analysis was correct, they can't fail for the sheer talent they kept on piling up on each other.

Spol from day one should of gone, this guys a tool. no more of a coach than Mike brown or scott brooks.

Well, I am not making excuses, it was the bases of my prediction at the beginning of the year, that the Heat would not make the NBA Finals. Only 2 other teams had made the NBA Finals 4 years in a row, the Celtics in the 60's and the Lakers in the 80's. What I did not expect was the east to suck so bad, that this beat up, old, worn out Heat team could still make it. But once they hit the Spurs, it was over. The Spurs were built to win titles, and Pop keeps his players well rested throughout the year for this reason. I'd say the main reason the Heat lost was coaching. I looked at the Pacers, and they couldn't beat the Heat because they had HORRIBLE coaching. The Pacers had everything to beat the Heat. The Thunder should have made the finals, but I am now convinced their coach is the modern day Mike Brown. Only looks good because he coaches KD.

Now don't get me wrong what I'm about to say. I actually watched the games and thought LeBron was actually good. But the notion that his team let him down is complete and utter BS. I regularly say LeBron is the best player today, but I have also said LeBron is more Dr. J than he is Jordan or Kobe. LeBron is a great player, but not a great leader. People like to play for him, but that might be part of the problem. To me, he comes off as wanting to have a good time and win with my buddies. Very few teammates of Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant would call them their buddies. LeBron doesn't know how to elevate his teammates to his level. And that's okay, that skill is lost on many greats. I also said in 2010 that the window of the Heat winning titles is much smaller than we realized then...

D-Wade is 28, meaning he has 4-5 prime years left, and that might be the window LeBron is working with,

or only 3 years.

And now that window is closed. I am calling it now, the Heat will not win the NBA Finals next year, even if LeBron stays, and they run the risk of not winning an NBA title for 3-4 years, and that's after MAJOR restructuring.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:39:51 PM by M Dogg™ »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
i agree, nobodies denying lebronze is a great player and i don't know too much about Dr. J's leadership skills.

But MJ and Kobe thought of it as business, just going to war and make the best possible play to make a basket. its not about keeping teammates happy by feeding them the ball, its win at all costs and scoring when having the opportunity wether its through them or finding their teammates.

the kobe and shaq feud did elevate themselves a bit, trying to prove to the other who was better, but it came down to a bitter end in 04. it just wasn't managed correctly. although malone and payton became non factors, the chemistry was pretty bad, shaq wasn't even all that excited after fishers .4 shot.

but brooks and spol are int he mike brown pool.

but goddamn vogel seriously choked, he got shook about benching hibbert because of what happened the season before, which was something HE SHOULD of done this season.

scola was the best front court player for that team in that heat series. only one playing smart and calm.  hibbert was no where to be seen and west with all his wisdom kept thinking that crashing into 4 heat players in the paint and throwing it up was the best play possible.

also i don't know what vogel was telling his team but IF LEBRON SWITCHES OFF PAUL GEORGE, YOU TELL HIM TO GO TO WORK. i was seriously appalled by this. the best perimeter defensive player switches off you and you get d-whistle , lewis, chalmers guarding you? you need to take advantage immediately

they lost possession by possession. vogel couldn't adjust his offensive schemes and lance stephenson was just over dribbling and turing the ball over like a fool.

i mean all in all the heat lost so I'm happy, but wow the pacers were beyond pathetic, one of the worst playoff performances I've see in a series, that series was incredibly boring and hard to watch.

Rockets - Out
Clippers - Out
Heat - How does leonards ass taste?

all in all I'm happy with the out come of this years playoffs, even if the spurs got another one and lakers didn't make it

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »
pacers been weaksauce since tradin granger...he was the voice of that team.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »
pacers been weaksauce since tradin granger...he was the voice of that team.

yeah i feel like he was somewhat of a locker room leader. he sacrificed his scoring and starting and everyone seem to mesh better.

after he left, people just got more selfish.

and what were the pacers thinking? if it aint broke, don't fix it. his contract was over after the season anyways and they were on a finals run and they just boot somebody that was loyal to the team like that? someone that was willing to take a lesser role.

it was just foul and bird gets heat for this blunder.

not to mention granger was finally fitting into that coming off the bench role, and turner was playing high minutes running the offense in philly, and then transitioning him off the bench to basically become a slasher and 3pt shooter?

they should of used him to make plays, especially during the heat series. george hill is not a PG, hardly a combo PG at beast that leans heavily towards the SG side. and it showed.

vogel worked hard with this team, but it means nothing if you can't make timely adjustments.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.