Author Topic: Your favorite Stephen King movie?  (Read 623 times)

Okka

Your favorite Stephen King movie?
« on: June 06, 2014, 05:09:15 PM »
What's your favorite movie that's based on one of Stephen King's books?

David Gutterman

Re: Your favorite Stephen King movie?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »
The Shawshank Redemption  8)

or maybe The Green Mile or The Shining

David Gutterman

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:25:56 AM »
just came across this article:

4 Stephen King movies to get excited about in 2014,

http://shortlist.com/entertainment/films/4-stephen-king-movies-to-get-excited-about-in-2014

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:04:44 PM »
I know jack shit about movies and even less about books but in the next couple of days I want to re-watch "IT" and read the book further down the line. I only saw that movie like two times in my life and that was when I was in elementary school. Tim Curry is the OG ficca for pulling off Pennywise. Oh, and i love Misery.
It will always be 1993 to me.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:27:50 PM »
The Shawshank Redemption  8)

or maybe The Green Mile or The Shining

Damn, I never knew he did Shawshank Redemption, I'd have to go with that. The Shining was great as well.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 07:08:21 PM »
stephen king is a nice dude.  met him a few times at umaine sports games (hockey/basketball) as a kid who knew a relative of his and ran into him at a local pizza place a couple times a few years ago which i mentioned here at the time but nobody but my homeboy heinz took note of lol.  he had a tab and always ordered 50 bucks of food at a time.  baller.

his mind state really got messed up after that car accident, it's a shame.  very humble guy who was just as crazy before fame as after.  he used to talk to himself a lot in college lol    RIP to the guy who hit him...he offed himself apparently.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:10:00 PM by Hack Brodenheimer »

Matty

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
'Christine' is a good one from my man JC. not so strong on the horror but a masterfully directed 80s flick.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085333/

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 07:11:49 PM »
oh and by the way, he always gave out large amounts of candy on halloween  8)

Okka

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 01:48:00 AM »
stephen king is a nice dude.  met him a few times at umaine sports games (hockey/basketball) as a kid who knew a relative of his and ran into him at a local pizza place a couple times a few years ago which i mentioned here at the time but nobody but my homeboy heinz took note of lol.  he had a tab and always ordered 50 bucks of food at a time.  baller.

his mind state really got messed up after that car accident, it's a shame.  very humble guy who was just as crazy before fame as after.  he used to talk to himself a lot in college lol    RIP to the guy who hit him...he offed himself apparently.

Damn, i had no idea he was in a car accident.

JohnnyL

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 06:35:22 AM »
stephen king is a nice dude.  met him a few times at umaine sports games (hockey/basketball) as a kid who knew a relative of his and ran into him at a local pizza place a couple times a few years ago which i mentioned here at the time but nobody but my homeboy heinz took note of lol.  he had a tab and always ordered 50 bucks of food at a time.  baller.

his mind state really got messed up after that car accident, it's a shame.  very humble guy who was just as crazy before fame as after.  he used to talk to himself a lot in college lol    RIP to the guy who hit him...he offed himself apparently.

Damn, i had no idea he was in a car accident.

If I remember correctly, he was actually walking, and was hit by a car.  He was nearly killed.

Choosing a favorite Stephen King movie is pretty tough.  Maybe The "Green Mile" or "The Shining."  Of the more recent ones, I thought "The Mist" was pretty cool.

*Almost forgot about "Pet Semetary."  I'd have to rank that one pretty high too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:38:17 AM by JohnnyL »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 04:14:36 PM »
it.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 04:55:41 PM »
The Shining.

Even though King hated the adaptation, it remains on of my favorite movies of any genre. The open ended mysteries and various interpretations make it intriguing no matter how many times it's watched.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »

Dude I'm pretty jealous. Every time I'm in Maine I feel like I'm going to run in to him in a store but it never happens. I'd love to help him fall off the wagon while we co-author a novel while in the depths of an opium binge.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 10:36:29 AM »
The Shining.

Even though King hated the adaptation, it remains on of my favorite movies of any genre. The open ended mysteries and various interpretations make it intriguing no matter how many times it's watched.

Damn, did he actually use the word "hate"? Has anybody seen the "The Shining" mini-series that came out in 1997? I've been meanin' to check that out for years.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »
i got a VHS of the shinning for free, gonna have to watch it tmrw