Author Topic: NEW Anti Redskins Commercial  (Read 352 times)

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
NEW Anti Redskins Commercial
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »

Just Watch, Will Air To Night During The Spurs Vs. Skeat

8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

J. B A N A N A S

Re: NEW Anti Redskins Commercial
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Fuck that, leave the team name intact.

Anyone who can't look at the team without getting offended needs thicker skin.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »
nobody fucking cares

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 09:20:26 PM »
i aint guna comment on this shit, but this article says that the term "redskins" was coined by native's as a term of utmost respect

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/02/AR2005100201139.html

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
Fuck that, leave the team name intact.

Anyone who can't look at the team without getting offended needs thicker skin.

Says the white man to the one Native on here.

i aint guna comment on this shit, but this article says that the term "redskins" was coined by native's as a term of utmost respect

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/02/AR2005100201139.html

The name was changed from the Braves, a name I never had an issue with, to Redskins because the coach of the Redskins claimed to be Native. Turns out he was white and claimed to be Native so he could dodge the WWI draft. That's not out of respect. That's dishonor at its highest.

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
What it comes down to for me, is listen to the Native American population. If the majority wants it changed then do it. Politically correct white people and "traditionalists" shouldn't be the ones deciding shit like this.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:37:29 AM »
What it comes down to for me, is listen to the Native American population. If the majority wants it changed then do it. Politically correct white people and "traditionalists" shouldn't be the ones deciding shit like this.

Polls taken in reservations have shown that many Native Americans take issue with the name. Polls taken that ask people if they identify as Native, but don't ask for tribe affiliation, show Natives support the name. What happens is they look for people who say they are Native and use that. Many people will say, well My grandma was half Cherokee so I am Native, or I have a quarter Creek. I checked many people online about this, as you can see people's profiles on many boards. They'd type, I am Native and it doesn't offend me, I see it as honor. BUT, when I click their profile, because many boards make people use Facebook to reduce trolling, the person is white with blond hair and blue eyes. It's almost like people forget we can see their profile now. So unless a poll is done with Natives from a reservation, or registered Natives, doesn't trust it as Native American opinion. My family got tested, and it turns out I am over 50% Native American, something I already knew. But I usually disqualify myself because I have no trouble affiliation, but I have the blood to back up my shit.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 02:39:40 PM »
I think the Indians mascot/name is way more offensive, but that's just me

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
[/quote

none of them want to though.  maybe one or two tribes but not enough to give a fuck about.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 03:50:13 PM »

Oh, I'd say the same thing too.

none of them want to though.  maybe one or two tribes but not enough to give a fuck about.

Actually it is the tribes pushing this. Mainly Sioux and Navajo, the largest tribes in the country.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »

Actually it is the tribes pushing this. Mainly Sioux and Navajo, the largest tribes in the country.

Okay well I guess I shouldn't go by what I hear on the radio all the time.  Yet am I supposed to be offended at the Notre Dame "Fighting Irish" if I'm irish??

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »

Okay well I guess I shouldn't go by what I hear on the radio all the time.  Yet am I supposed to be offended at the Notre Dame "Fighting Irish" if I'm irish??

Up to you. I think the history of both are very different so that effect how each group feels about these topics.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 04:35:37 PM »
the only point I plan to make is that indian names are all over sports  (Indians, Braves, Warriors, Semiloles, Blackhawks and more) yet all people bitch about is the Redskins.  why?  Football is the most popular sport. 

The Semiole tribes in Florida have no problem with the 2014 national champ FSU Seminoles but you don't hear this on BSPN because they got an agenda to sell.  Nobody in DC really gives a fuck about this topic unless it means changing to the Washington Seahawks and trading for the entire Seattle roster in order to change the name lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »
the only point I plan to make is that indian names are all over sports  (Indians, Braves, Warriors, Semiloles, Blackhawks and more) yet all people bitch about is the Redskins.  why?  Football is the most popular sport. 

The Semiole tribes in Florida have no problem with the 2014 national champ FSU Seminoles but you don't hear this on BSPN because they got an agenda to sell.  Nobody in DC really gives a fuck about this topic unless it means changing to the Washington Seahawks and trading for the entire Seattle roster in order to change the name lol

The idea of hating all Native names is so 1990's. If you argued this in the 70's or 80's or 90's, then you see backlash to all names. But over time the tribes only focused on the "offensive" names, the Redskins and Indians. Right now the focus on one team, many because it is easier to get people against a slur as opposed to the whole set of names. Plus Florida St. asked the Seminoles to use the name and the tribe said yes. On the flip side the North Dakota fighting Sioux asked the Sioux nation to use the name, that tribe said no. For college sports it was a tribe by tribe deal.