Author Topic: Actors To Play Dr. Dre, Eazy E and Ice Cube In NWA Movie Are Revealed (PICS)  (Read 1321 times)

abusive

NWA Movie Are Revealed (PICS)

Monday, 16 June 2014

25 years ago, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and Ice Cube were three of the central figures of the inaugural movement of gangster rap that was N.W.A. Today (June 16th) after five years of planning and delays, the N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton finally has confirmed their first actors for the roles of the three N.W.A. leaders.

Reports surfaced that Marcus Callendar will play Dr. Dre, Jason Mitchell will play Eazy-E and in accordance with Cube’s wishes, his son O’Shea Jackson Jr. will play Ice Cube in the film. Dr. Dre originally desired for Michael B Jordan to play him, however Jordan’s upcoming filming of The Fantastic Four movie conflicted.

Jackson Jr and Callendar have never starred in a film and Mitchell starring in four films from 2011-2013 with 2012′s Mark Walberg-led film Contraband being his biggest role.

Check out pictures of the three actors set to play Dr. Dre, Eazy E and Ice Cube:

Marcus Callendar (set to play Dr. Dre)

Jason Mitchell (set to play Eazy E)

O’Shea Jackson Jr (set to play Ice Cube)

Source: http://rgf.is/news/39713-actors-to-play-dr-dre-eazy-e-and-ice-cube-in-nwa-movie-are-revealed-pics
==================
I wonder if Ice Cube ever got back to Suge after Suge told him to because he still owns the N.W.A. name?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

KrazySumwhat

Splitting image of Eazy!

David Gutterman

Not a big fan off O’Shea Jr, maybe he can act. but i doubt it. lets hope for the best!

Blood$

surprisingly spot on in terms of look-a-likes

hope the acting is good cuz I'm curious to peep this movie whenever it drops

papa-smurf

shit thats a goo dpick for eazy e & ice cube son seem like a good pic. but the guy they picked for dr dre dont look shit like dre imo. he must be a great actor if they picked him to be dre. im looking forward to the movie

DeeezNuuuts83

How about the others? I remember YG saying that he was trying out for the role of MC Ren.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dude looks nothing like Eazy E.

How come they're not taking real actors? Like known actors!!

dnjp4life

I disagree.  Obviously he doesn't have the right hairstyle but facially there is definitely a resemblance.
I also think it's better that they use relative unknowns in a role like this.  Sometimes in films it can be difficult to imagine a famous actor portraying another famous person in the right way, and in using lesser-known people it can be less distracting in that respect.

David Gutterman

nothing like Eazy E  ??? ???

did som photoshop: left eazy E - mid Jason Mitchell  - right: Jason Mitchell source picture

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

abusive

nothing like Eazy E  ??? ???

did som photoshop: left eazy E - mid Jason Mitchell  - right: Jason Mitchell source picture
That's not Eazy's character, it's Dre's. I think the one playing Eazy has his mouth structure. Once they add the locs, the hat and the jheri curl he'll look just like him.

Not sure about the other ones. Maybe they haven't been cast yet. Can't say these guys aren't real actors they are just unknowns. It would be difficult to get established actors who also look just like the characters. Do you expect Denzel to Play Arabian Prince? lol

David Gutterman

Did i photoshop the wrong dude, haha,

abusive

^Yes you did but please do the other guy!

David Gutterman

8/14/15 #StraightOuttaCompton

Dr. Dre Reveals Release Date and First Promo Picture For N.W.A. Biopic

GangstaBoogy

Wtf do you guys expect them to look like, identical twins?

I think its bullshit Cube's son gets to play him but whatever.

So what about Ren & Yella?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"