Author Topic: Souls Of Mischief Announces Sixth Album ‘There Is Only Now’  (Read 118 times)

djole 213

Legendary hip-hop group Souls of Mischief announce that they’re releasing a conceptual collaboration with renowned producer and multi-instrumentalist Adrian Younge entitled There Is Only Now on Adrian’s newly launched record label, Linear Labs on August 26th, 2014. Inspired by a near-fatal incident involving group members A-Plus, Opio, Tajai, and Phesto< early in their careers, the unique and cinematic crime tale creatively and expertly weaves stories of love, loss, and revenge throughout the entire album. Set in 1994, There is Only Now serves as a bookend to two decades of music since the release of their seminal debut album, ’93 Til Infinity.

There Is Only Now sees the Souls of Mischief crew members trading bars with a cast of hip-hop and soul luminaries. Narrated by A Tribe Called Quest member Ali Shaheed Muhammed – as DJ for fictional local Oakland radio station K-NOW – the album’s story unfolds under his all-seeing eye. Busta Rhymes makes an appearance as the story’s villain, Womack, on “Womack’s Lament,” while William Hart of the legendary vocal soul group, The Delfonics, lends his buttery falsetto to the contemplative “Another Side of You.” Snoop Dogg drops knowledge on the situation between Stoney and Womack with an ice cold verse on the title track “There Is Only Now,” and Scarub from Living Legends goes in on “Stone Cold.”

Souls of Mischief and Adrian Younge have created a hip-hop album like no other. Recorded solely on 2″ analogue tape, using only acoustic live instrumentation played mostly by Adrian himself, and recorded together as a group in one room, the project boasts incredible dedication, discipline, and skill sets that few others in modern day can match. Adrian employed no computers, no drum sampling, and everything was recorded in one take. The result of a special moment for all involved, There Is Only Now proves that after two decades in the rap game hip-hop’s Fab Four remains committed to the expansion of their legacy as hip-hop innovators and pioneers.

There Is Only Now Tracklisting:
1. “K-NOW Intro
2. “Time Stopped 2:20
3. “Womack’s Lament ft. Busta Rhymes
4. “Panic Struck”
5. “K-NOW Interlude 1″
6. “Another Part of You” feat. William Hart
7. “All You Got Is Your Word”
8. “There Is Only Now” (feat. Snoop Dogg)
9. “Meet Womack”
10. “K-NOW Interlude 2″
11. “Miriam Got a Mickey”
12. “Stone Cold” feat. Scarub
13. “The Synopsis”
14. “Ghetto Superhero”
15. “K-NOW Reprise”
16. “Narrow Escape”
17. “Finally Back”
18. “The Last Act”
19. “K-NOW Outro”

KrazySumwhat

Re: Souls Of Mischief Announces Sixth Album ‘There Is Only Now’
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:22:05 PM »
 Awesome. Didn't have to wait so long this time!(for another album). I was kind of disappointed in their last album in some ways. But i think that was just because of very high expectations.
 NEVER thought I'd see a heiro Snoop collaboration!  ;D cool.
EDIT: sixth album?? holly shit i thought they only had three albums out? i guess i mostly follow Del and the group heiro albums. I had no idea that they had that many albums out, i thought they had mainly been dropping solo albums for a very long time now?
 I have a few of their solo's.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:23:38 PM by KrazySumwhat »