Author Topic: How great would a David Blake Death Row album had been in the mid-90's?  (Read 1718 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Too bad there was some contractual issues.  That latest interview with Quik, Quik was saying how he always loved Death Row and wanted to be down with them and on their label.  He even said he wanted to be with Dre on Ruthless.

It's too bad Dre and Suge weren't able to bring Quik on initially when they started the label.  And then by 94' and 95' when Quik was puttin in work behind the boards at Death Row, it would of been incredible if he could've released a solo. 

I think had he of done that maybe we could talk about him in the same breath as legends like Dre, Snoop, Pac, and the Dogg Pound.  Instead Quik is just another talented artist from the West Coast golden age who never made legendary status.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

Who the fuck cares?  We have Safe & Sound.  And we are talking about him in the same breath as those people, hence the fucking conversation.

Blood$

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Mr. Theo

Too bad there was some contractual issues.  That latest interview with Quik, Quik was saying how he always loved Death Row and wanted to be down with them and on their label.  He even said he wanted to be with Dre on Ruthless.

It's too bad Dre and Suge weren't able to bring Quik on initially when they started the label.  And then by 94' and 95' when Quik was puttin in work behind the boards at Death Row, it would of been incredible if he could've released a solo. 

I think had he of done that maybe we could talk about him in the same breath as legends like Dre, Snoop, Pac, and the Dogg Pound.  Instead Quik is just another talented artist from the West Coast golden age who never made legendary status.
DJ Quik isn't legendary? Ok.Why people want more DJ Quik new albums than Dpg..Snoop new albums? Only death row artists are legendary? Please

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Jimmy H.

DJ Quik isn't legendary? Ok.Why people want more DJ Quik new albums than Dpg..Snoop new albums? Only death row artists are legendary? Please
Exactly.  He was down with Death Row at the time.  Even performed on their set at the Source Awards, that one year. The idea that putting their logo on the back of his albums would somehow change his status is silly.  The music he was dropping at that time speaks for itself.

DJSpin

I think what would have been cool, is if quik collabed with dpj, dre, snoop,and them more. We don't have that.  But, I am fine with the 220, hi-c, amg, playa Hamm, 304 posse shit of that era just the same

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Safe & Sound.

Never really bumped the album... I think I've heard a single or two off of it, nothing spectacular to really catch my attention. 

He really needed the Death Row machine of All-Stars behind him if he wanted to make a classic and be a heavywieght in the game.   Not AMG, and Playa Hamm or HiCI or "nut in your eye/ bitch/ how ya like this dick/" I mean that type of shit will only take u so far, u need a ficca like Daz behind u in the mid-90's if you wanna go next. Level and do some real shit and bring the drama

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I

A Quik album now may be more sought after, but when I talk about Daz I'm talkin about 90's Daz.  And as for Snoop your wrong about that, Snoop is still way large compared to Quik and that Reincarnation Project was highly blessed  8)

The JASON MRSA

Infidel stepped in shit again. Keep in KC Royal Bitch.

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
Safe & Sound.

Never really bumped the album... I think I've heard a single or two off of it, nothing spectacular to really catch my attention. 

He really needed the Death Row machine of All-Stars behind him if he wanted to make a classic and be a heavywieght in the game.   Not AMG, and Playa Hamm or HiCI or "nut in your eye/ bitch/ how ya like this dick/" I mean that type of shit will only take u so far, u need a ficca like Daz behind u in the mid-90's if you wanna go next. Level and do some real shit and bring the drama

not only Daz but every crew needs a real nigga like Suge.

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

• Muthafuckin' Don!

not only Daz but every crew needs a real nigga like Suge.

the game ain't the same without a ficca like Suge to keep shit real

TidyKris

Yeah i think i get what your trying to say, Quik has always been underground so maybe with a Deathrow album or two under his belt
he may have been pushed more into the mainstream and become more of a household name to people who dont follow underground
artists.
People who have no clue about hip hop even know the names of Dre, Snoop & Pac so maybe that could have been the same with Quik

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
woulda been a classic !!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

Safe and Sound with Kurupt anc Pac as guests instead of Quik's less talented crew