Author Topic: How great would a David Blake Death Row album had been in the mid-90's?  (Read 1720 times)

Jimmy H.

People act like Daz is a household name.  Love the music for the music.  Sometimes, West Coast heads behave like TRL fans.  Like I already said, Quik dropped a damn near classic album when he was fucking with Death Row.  I don't need the fucking logo on the back to act like it would have made a difference.

I truthfully think him being on Death Row would have hurt him in terms of playing the waiting game.  Dogg Pound's promotion got cut short to make room for Pac.  Rage waited too long.  Warren G had to go to Def Jam to see an album drop.  Nate Dogg.  Danny Boy.  The list goes on.  The problem with platinum labels and hit producers is people assume that every thing they do is blessed with the magic touch but it's more about them understanding the timing.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
Safe & Sound.

Never really bumped the album... I think I've heard a single or two off of it, nothing spectacular to really catch my attention. 

again, you´re talking about an album you haven´t even heard.  that´s the same as you claiming to be an expert on geriatric healthcare when your experience on it is wiping ass.

even if this is trolling you´re a sad sad man.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Too bad there was some contractual issues.  That latest interview with Quik, Quik was saying how he always loved Death Row and wanted to be down with them and on their label.  He even said he wanted to be with Dre on Ruthless.

It's too bad Dre and Suge weren't able to bring Quik on initially when they started the label.  And then by 94' and 95' when Quik was puttin in work behind the boards at Death Row, it would of been incredible if he could've released a solo.  

I think had he of done that maybe we could talk about him in the same breath as legends like Dre, Snoop, Pac, and the Dogg Pound.  Instead Quik is just another talented artist from the West Coast golden age who never made legendary status.
quik was wit suge way back on funky enough records before death row started. quik tried to sign wit eazy before he signed to profile but eazy didn't want him. profile signed quik for 100k and then eazy offered him 1 mill then profile sent cease and desist letters (which is probably related to why he signed ppc). quik woulda been a great addition to death row officially if the business woulda been handled right.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Safe and Sound with Kurupt anc Pac as guests instead of Quik's less talented crew
safe & sound is fine as is.

Jimmy H.

Never really bumped the album... I think I've heard a single or two off of it, nothing spectacular to really catch my attention. 

He really needed the Death Row machine of All-Stars behind him if he wanted to make a classic and be a heavywieght in the game.   Not AMG, and Playa Hamm or HiCI or "nut in your eye/ bitch/ how ya like this dick/" I mean that type of shit will only take u so far, u need a ficca like Daz behind u in the mid-90's if you wanna go next. Level and do some real shit and bring the drama
  Never bumped "Safe and Sound"? Then why in the fuck are you talking about what Quik doing a Death Row album. I can see why cats would think you're a troll.  The guy put out a solid West Coast album at the time when he was fucking with all them cats you talked about and because it didn't specifically come out on the label with involvement from whichever of your favorite artists, you're gonna overlook like it didn't cross your radar? Need Daz?  Come on.  You need to put down the crack pipe, buddy.

Hack Wilson - real

He really needed the Death Row machine of All-Stars behind him if he wanted to make a classic and be a heavywieght in the game.   Not AMG, and Playa Hamm or HiCI or "nut in your eye/ bitch/ how ya like this dick/" I mean that type of shit will only take u so far, u need a ficca like Daz behind u in the mid-90's if you wanna go next. Level and do some real shit and bring the drama
  Never bumped "Safe and Sound"? Then why in the fuck are you talking about what Quik doing a Death Row album. I can see why cats would think you're a troll.  The guy put out a solid West Coast album at the time when he was fucking with all them cats you talked about and because it didn't specifically come out on the label with involvement from whichever of your favorite artists, you're gonna overlook like it didn't cross your radar? Need Daz?  Come on.  You need to put down the crack pipe, buddy.

HOLY SHIT!   

Brian is ONE confused ass honkey, to say the least!  this cracker would sit there and suck DJ Quik's dick for a 2pac story yet hasn't even heard DJ Quik's best album, Safe + Sound!!

what the fuck kind of pseudo death row junkie are you?  you sit there and pretend that Daz is a house hold name and icon yet his career hasn't been relevant in about a dozen years and you make threads about DJ Quik's music in the 1995 era yet never heard his best album, from that same year????

WHAT SINGLE DIDN'T GET YOU INTERESTED IN HIS ALBUM?  LMAO   was Dollas and Sense not a dope ass track????  lol

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
it was recorded at can am studios i think (where almost all their classics were made) and suge knight executive produced this album and it had dollaz and sense on it...the only thing this album is missing is the lil logo with the guy in the electric chair. essential this IS 90s deathrow product. same year he came out with the inmates at da sauce awards...

gotta call a spade a spade this is a thread fail.

Hack Wilson - real

it was recorded at can am studios i think (where almost all their classics were made) and suge knight executive produced this album and it had dollaz and sense on it...the only thing this album is missing is the lil logo with the guy in the electric chair. essential this IS 90s deathrow product. same year he came out with the inmates at da sauce awards...

gotta call a spade a spade this is a thread fail.

Remedy360

Lol dude gets all high and mighty and hasn't even heard some of the most respected work from guys he criticizes.

Hack Wilson - real

Lol dude gets all high and mighty and hasn't even heard some of the most respected work from guys he criticizes.

Taclivin

• 'G'
Safe & Sound.

Wow even I have to come out of lurker status for this one. God damn that is just shameful for how much you preach hip hop as if it is a religion. Just Smfh..... Come on son get your game together

Hack Wilson - real

Safe & Sound.

Wow even I have to come out of lurker status for this one. God damn that is just shameful for how much you preach hip hop as if it is a religion. Just Smfh..... Come on son get your game together

PREACH

post more often, Taclivin.

BIGWORM

We pretty much got one it is called "safe + sound" it was executive produced by Suge Knight.

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
We pretty much got one it is called "safe + sound" it was executive produced by Suge Knight.

Shit only had 2 dope tracks, so do his next album. Quik is overrated, i bump Daz work over all Quiks nigga.

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG