Author Topic: will Wiggins work in Cleveland??  (Read 458 times)

Hack Wilson - real

will Wiggins work in Cleveland??
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:53:50 PM »
i think Parker helps them more right away but in the future wiggins is probably going to be the better of the 2   

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: will Wiggins work in Cleveland??
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
Wiggins should be fine. Some of the players in this year's draft seem like they would bust if they get put on poorly run teams (like Embiid if he got drafted by Cleveland) but Wiggins seems like the type that is going to work his ass off regardless of where he plays. Jabari even tanked his workout just so he wouldn't have to play for Cavs... someone with that mentality is the last thing a team that's been through the hardships like Cleveland needs.

Kyrie probably ain't signing an extension though.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:02:06 AM »
yes

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »
Wiggins should be fine. Some of the players in this year's draft seem like they would bust if they get put on poorly run teams (like Embiid if he got drafted by Cleveland) but Wiggins seems like the type that is going to work his ass off regardless of where he plays. Jabari even tanked his workout just so he wouldn't have to play for Cavs... someone with that mentality is the last thing a team that's been through the hardships like Cleveland needs.

I get not wanting to play in Cleveland, but is Milwaukee that much better?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 12:51:19 AM »

Milwaukee isn't an ideal place to live in if you're a young millionaire but at least it's not a dump like Cleveland. Plus it was closer to Jabari's hometown.

I think in this case, it wasn't all about the city though. Bucks and Cavs are both pitiful franchises, but Cavs just come off as more shameless and desperate. Nobody wants to play for them.

They need to give cities like San Diego and Seattle basketball teams.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:53:00 AM by Halu Sination »

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »

Milwaukee isn't an ideal place to live in if you're a young millionaire but at least it's not a dump like Cleveland. Plus it was closer to Jabari's hometown.

I think in this case, it wasn't all about the city though. Bucks and Cavs are both pitiful franchises, but Cavs just come off as more shameless and desperate. Nobody wants to play for them.

Yeah, I've never actually been to either, just kinda going off perception and what I've heard. But I feel like Cleveland is at least a pretty good basketball town as far as the fanbase, seems like the Bucks haven't been relevant the last few decades. But yeah, you don't have to convince me that a team should be in Seattle instead of a lot of other "NBA cities" lol

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 03:33:23 AM »

Yeah, I've never actually been to either, just kinda going off perception and what I've heard. But I feel like Cleveland is at least a pretty good basketball town as far as the fanbase, seems like the Bucks haven't been relevant the last few decades. But yeah, you don't have to convince me that a team should be in Seattle instead of a lot of other "NBA cities" lol

Cleveland for sure is a good basketball town; they're a good sports town in general. Their fans are the most loyal fans ever.

I think the problem is the combination of living in the city and then the franchise itself. Dan Gilbert is a fucking child, and the front office just has no dignity. And Cleveland is depressing. The Knicks' management is just as poorly run and shameless as the Cavs are, but at least you get to live in a nice city lol.

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »
He will take the cavs back to the playoffs, become an all star and then leave the cavs for Toronto when his deal is done

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 04:03:31 PM »

I always find it funny when people trash Cleveland. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio (Akron-Cleveland). And I find that most people talking trash have never even been there. Just saying....

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 11:49:57 PM »

I always find it funny when people trash Cleveland. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio (Akron-Cleveland). And I find that most people talking trash have never even been there. Just saying....

I've been there... were it not for the greatest hip-hop group of all-time being from Cleveland they would get no love from me   8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »
yes

Take it from a ficca from KC.... Wiggins wasn't even a dominating player at Kansas in college, how is he gonna be dominate in the NBA?  It's no different than Ben McLemore.  He had some flashes of successes but not a consistent performer.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:34 PM »
He will take the cavs back to the playoffs, become an all star and then leave the cavs for Toronto when his deal is done

Ask a KC FICCA... Wiggins is a bust and he will not get the Cavs to the playoffs.  Bump this thread a year from now if you don't believe me. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »
yes

Take it from a ficca from KC.... Wiggins wasn't even a dominating player at Kansas in college, how is he gonna be dominate in the NBA?  It's no different than Ben McLemore.  He had some flashes of successes but not a consistent performer.

Whose the last player to dominate at the college level and be an all-star in the NBA?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 02:23:06 AM »

Whose the last player to dominate at the college level and be an all-star in the NBA?

To be honest, I stopped watching college basketball years ago.  There are only two teams that I follow (if at all).  MU and KU.  So if I was talking about a player from Duke or Kentucky then fucc what I got to say...

...but I know my shit about MU and KU. Because even if I don't know it, there is a buzz around town, because Kansas City is big into college sports.  It's all over talk radio and other media, and even here the buzz is that Wiggins and Embiid will disappoint.  For different reasons though, Embiid because of injury, and Wiggins because we never really thought he was that great in college anyway.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »
wiggins didnt want to play college..he wasnt trying