Author Topic: Warren G Speaks on Little Ghetto Boy and Michael Jackson collabo  (Read 869 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Warren G Speaks on Little Ghetto Boy and Michael Jackson collabo
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 12:16:45 AM »
Yeah, at the time, Suge was real strict about Death Row artists working on projects outside of the label.  Only reason Warren got "Regulate" for his album was because Death Row used it first on the soundtrack for "Above The Rim".

Okka

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:42 AM »
Yeah, at the time, Suge was real strict about Death Row artists working on projects outside of the label.  Only reason Warren got "Regulate" for his album was because Death Row used it first on the soundtrack for "Above The Rim".

Yeah and i've always had the feeling that Suge didn't really like Warren G that much. Same with RBX. I don't know why.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 01:17:37 AM »
Yeah, at the time, Suge was real strict about Death Row artists working on projects outside of the label.  Only reason Warren got "Regulate" for his album was because Death Row used it first on the soundtrack for "Above The Rim".

That's one of the things I respect about Suge and Dre from that time.  They didn't allow their artists to get watered down and kept the public wanting more.  After Death Row crumbled the industry changed and they just started putting big name artists together even when their styles didn't match (like Snoop on the W album with Wu-tang, or on Nas Hip-Hop is Dead, for example), or even worse Snoop working with the Pussycat Dolls.

But Warren was a different case, and Suge should of respected that.  Warren was not just any artist.  Warren helped make the Chronic and Death Row what it was.  So if you weren't going to sign him and support him, then at least show some fuccin respect and let your artists do a few tracks with him.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:20:55 AM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)